GPS for Nikon DSLR

For the bros using the bluetooth unit, are you using it on a D7000?
How does it fare?

Does it come with the wired remote trigger too?

Last edited:
That, I can answer for you... If you use the bluetooth unit, you cannot use the wired trigger. The main GPS unit is the same, so you could actually order the (extra order) cable, and use it with the remote trigger (extra order).

As for how it fare, I am still waiting for those that have it, to reply to my questions.

Anyone has done an actual field test with their GPS yet?

By the way, what do you do with that flap sticking out when you open the area to plug in the GPS? Is there a way to remove it, especially for those with the bluetooth receiver? Do you think it's easy to attach and detach that flap?

I have the same problem right after I used it. I just removed the flap by cutting it, it make more sense than having to adjust all the time while plugging into the GPS. The signal still work, no issues. Maybe better when it is sunny.

Question for those who ordered - which shipping method you chose and how long it takes to get here?

I'm old school, I just carry a map and a notebook...works every time...:cool:

Well, if you are in middle of no civilization, with mainly fields of snow and trees... How do you check where you are on the map(s) and what to write in your notebook?

Anyway, it gets very tiring if you are to keep searching map(s) for location and writing down because of the multiple locations you will be in...

Ya best is to leverage on technology, more efficient and accurate.

Well, if you are in middle of no civilization, with mainly fields of snow and trees... How do you check where you are on the map(s) and what to write in your notebook?

Anyway, it gets very tiring if you are to keep searching map(s) for location and writing down because of the multiple locations you will be in...

Sigh, unfortunately, forgot to ask if there is a need for leading time before they shipped... Looks like I might not get my ordered GPS in time for my trip. It's the "mad rush" month in China now, so they are not going to have time to get it done and out, so far no news of the GPS being shipped. They did reply saying that it's the season so it might not get to me in time.

Dang it.. Totally forgot about this, would have order it earlier if I could remember it.

SkimMilk said:
Alpc, so which did you order?

Easytag - they are the only one that give the full Bluetooth solution - gps, Bluetooth and still can do direct by using the cable if u want to. The other Bluetooth solution requires you to have a gps unit already or get a separate gps unit. Of course the cost for this is cheaper than the others...

Alpc said:
Easytag - they are the only one that give the full Bluetooth solution - gps, Bluetooth and still can do direct by using the cable if u want to. The other Bluetooth solution requires you to have a gps unit already or get a separate gps unit. Of course the cost for this is cheaper than the others...

*like*
Do give a review when it arrives! How much was the damage including shipping?

*like*
Do give a review when it arrives! How much was the damage including shipping?

Did the express shipping, all in all - USD202!!! Unfortunately, selecting express shipping does me no good. Have not even received any email telling me that the thing is on the way, so I seriously doubt it will arrive before my trip. Unless i get the email by this afternoon saying that it's shipped and it's via some company like DHL/FedEx/etc.

Does anyone has problem with easytag bluetooth causing card error when taking picture?
I am using D7000.

Just as i suspected, the thing is transiting in HK and I am leaving tonight... So will have to wait for another trip to fully test it out.

Does anyone has problem with easytag bluetooth causing card error when taking picture?
I am using D7000.

Not for me, but sometimes, the GPS device is unable to register the GPS coordinate info into the photos due to satelite issues. The problem should go away in a few days.

Alpc, let us know how yr thing will perform soon.

GPS for the Nikon Coolpix series is finally here.

Hopefully Nikon will put the GPS into their DSLR instead as an accessory.

Nikon | News