Going to HK for trip. Need Advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
starz_86 said:
for those who are interested, i've compiled a list of some of the nice places to eat n shop.. leave yr e-mail here if u want the list...

p.s: don't miss out on the wanton mee!! it's fantastic! :)

Arg Damn, u should have post tis earlier...

anyhow... yea... food around mong kok is cheap and good... :D:D

Did u shot any skyscraper in Hong Kong? Would you please share up your photos taken in Hong Kong SAR?

zchong1022 said:
Did u shot any skyscraper in Hong Kong? Would you please share up your photos taken in Hong Kong SAR?

Chong?... are you who I think you are?... :think: :sweatsm: :sweat: :dunno:

Patient lar... no time to process yet... stay turn with my blog lar...

RossChang said:
Just came back from HK yesterday. I've to admit, the food there is DAMN good. Wanton Noodles is just a fraction of it.

I stay near Mong Kok MTR, and any food store is just great. Wanton Mee, Mix Beef Mee, Chey Zai Mee, Teng Zai Porridge ( with You Tui ), Dim Sum... practically anything... and yea, dun miss out the road side fishball stall... damn good, get the spicy ones...

Shopping is another good part of it... basically anything is around 20% cheaper than SG (food also cheaper).

Camera stuff, around Mong Kok MTR got two very well stock stops... they are Wing Sheng and Man Sheng lor, but they are not the cheapest around and they dun bargain with you... bloody hell... got my Gitzo at Man Sheng at a slightly higher price (still much cheaper than SG), and the second day when I Accidentally stumble into Tin Cheung ( in Tung Ying Building Grd Floor, 100 Nathan Rd, Exit B1 from Tsim Sha Tsui MTR ) and found out they are selling for HKD$350 cheaper... ouch... ;( if you are ever going to HK, Highly recommend Tin Cheung.

Subsequently I got some accessories from Tin Cheung, dun have to bother abt bargaining cos the price is already cheap compare to sg, but they gave me some good price when I asked for a reduction...

Tin Cheong have lotsa Leica stuff, and is quite well stock with other canon/nikon stuff as well, lotsa gitzo/manfrotto stuff, bags, some selection of camera straps (get the Domke ones, quite good)... yea, just go there lar, you'll see...

Hello Ross,
I will be heading down to HK from 18-21 Jan. I am also looking forward in getting some Nikon Stuffs from HK. Are the camera bodies cheap there ?? :)

Btw, where did you stay during this trip ? I haven really decided on mine yet..
Still scouting around one that has good food and shopping around it ;)

Keep in touch.

Maxis said:
Hello Ross,
I will be heading down to HK from 18-21 Jan. I am also looking forward in getting some Nikon Stuffs from HK. Are the camera bodies cheap there ?? :)

Btw, where did you stay during this trip ? I haven really decided on mine yet..
Still scouting around one that has good food and shopping around it ;)

Keep in touch.

Cam bodies are cheaper. As a matter of fact, a lot of things are cheaper. Even the food was same if not cheaper than sg's price.

I stayed near Mong Kok MTR, Stanford Hotel. Not a very porsh hotel, but convinient to get around. and I usually have my meals around mong kok area and I find it cheap and v.good. And Lotsa shopping area around there too...

Are you taking the 99 bucks SIA offer to HK?... just curious...

leave your email, I'll forward you a excel sheet pricelist of HK Cam item I have compiled.

RossChang said:
Cam bodies are cheaper. As a matter of fact, a lot of things are cheaper. Even the food was same if not cheaper than sg's price.

Food are not necessary cheaper, but most of them are a lot tastier/delicious and much more variety than Singapore. :)

But a lot of other barang barang is cheaper and has more choice than Singapore, eg clothes, certain electronics, books, etc.

RossChang said:

I stayed new Mong Kok MTR, Stanford Hotel. Not a very porsh hotel, but convinient to get around. and I usually have my meals around mong kok area and I find it cheap and v.good. And Lotsa shopping area around there too...

Are you taking the 99 bucks SIA offer to HK?... just curious...

leave your email, I'll forward you a excel sheet pricelist of HK Cam item I have compiled.

Hi,
I have not really decided on where to stay... checking with my frens as well. But one things for sure... I am going Nikon shopping ;)

I am not going on the 99 bucks SIA offer. Didnt managed to get that.

Anyway, I am looking forward to your email. Does the list include the goody goody food in HK as well :bsmilie:

You can mail me at maxktl75@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance!! ;)

Maxis said:
Hi,
I have not really decided on where to stay... checking with my frens as well. But one things for sure... I am going Nikon shopping ;)

I am not going on the 99 bucks SIA offer. Didnt managed to get that.

Anyway, I am looking forward to your email. Does the list include the goody goody food in HK as well :bsmilie:

You can mail me at maxktl75@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance!! ;)

Mail sent. Enjoy.

can anyone forward me the excel sheet as well?(both the cam one and the food one)
TIA...:)

perly said:
can anyone forward me the excel sheet as well?(both the cam one and the food one)
TIA...:)
Hur? since when got the food one?...

the Excel sheet I've compile from this website...
http://www.ygdragon.net/index.php?page=photo/cameraprice.htm
better refer to it cos more update, do the currency conversion in excel sheet lor... tat's what I did... :D:D...

Tks for the link for the camera stuff, Ross :)

i was refering to dis for the food one...... :sweatsm:

starz_86 said:
for those who are interested, i've compiled a list of some of the nice places to eat n shop.. leave yr e-mail here if u want the list...

p.s: don't miss out on the wanton mee!! it's fantastic! :)

i do not agree that food is cheaper in HK compared to singapore.

normally breakfast set in HK $20 = S$4.20, over here you can buy abt $2-3 breakfast in sg

normal lunch in hk$20-30 = S$4.20 - $6.30, food court prices abt $3.50-$5.00 here

drink milk tea is abt HK$10 = $2.10, tea here the mostly $1.00.

BUT the food is fantistic over there generally, the standards of taste are higher than of Sg foodcourts and coffeeshop and hawercentre.

the only thing HK is more expensive to singapore is food/lodging/transport.

AJ23 said:
Food are not necessary cheaper, but most of them are a lot tastier/delicious and much more variety than Singapore. :)

Erm... Actually... I beg to differ... Yes there are more variety than Singapore... But it's all MSG... I had spent a week there and everyday I had to drink loads of water due to the food (I don't drink much when I am back in SG)... Also, by the end of the week... Almost everything I ate had the same after taste... I was so glad to be out of there by then.... I could not take it anymore... I think the only reprive was the Japanese sushi dinner I had... That was a change!!!

Alpc said:
Erm... Actually... I beg to differ... Yes there are more variety than Singapore... But it's all MSG... I had spent a week there and everyday I had to drink loads of water due to the food (I don't drink much when I am back in SG)... Also, by the end of the week... Almost everything I ate had the same after taste... I was so glad to be out of there by then.... I could not take it anymore... I think the only reprive was the Japanese sushi dinner I had... That was a change!!!
u think singapore/malaysia not using MSG meh?... just that ppl manage to make better food with MSG than us... tat's all. u grew up here u are used to the MSG here so u got no feeling mar...

Alpc said:

Agree. Suffered a bit of msg syndrome whlile there eating at the posher restaurants. The soupy stuff are the worse. Less problem when eating from the streets store, non soup dish or fresh seafood.

tOGGY said:
Agree. Suffered a bit of msg syndrome whlile there eating at the posher restaurants. The soupy stuff are the worse. Less problem when eating from the streets store, non soup dish or fresh seafood.
never ate in porshey restaurants there... ate in 茶餐室 off the streets most of the time... cheap and good...

Status
Not open for further replies.