Getting first dslr

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a myth. Once the batt is full, charging stops.

Well has it been busted by the mythbusters before?;p just joking...

Is that true? because my dad says that for the first time you have to charge for at least 8 hours:dunno:

That's a myth. Once the batt is full, charging stops.

No it isn't a myth :p you have to let it charge for about 8-12 hrs. cos if the case where the battery is new, it moves all the ions to one end of each and thus increasing the lifespan or sth liddat my cousin was almost giving me a lecture on it cant rmb sorry. Sorry Rashkae, this is in my own experience nothing personal :p

No it isn't a myth :p you have to let it charge for about 8-12 hrs. cos if the case where the battery is new, it moves all the ions to one end of each and thus increasing the lifespan or sth liddat my cousin was almost giving me a lecture on it cant rmb sorry. Sorry Rashkae, this is in my own experience nothing personal :p

Sure. My own experience with all modern Li-Poly batteries contradicts you.

Also, the chargers themselves cut off the charge to the battery when it's full. So in your case, it's sitting in the charger for 6+ hours doing nothing.

Well has it been busted by the mythbusters before?;p just joking...

Is that true? because my dad says that for the first time you have to charge for at least 8 hours:dunno:

AFAIK that applied to the very old rechargeable batteries, not the new tech.

Sure. My own experience with all modern Li-Poly batteries contradicts you.

Also, the chargers themselves cut off the charge to the battery when it's full. So in your case, it's sitting in the charger for 6+ hours doing nothing.

AFAIK that applied to the very old rechargeable batteries, not the new tech.

Alrite ;) thanks for the lesson guys:) learnt something new :)

Congrats sq380 on ur new dslr!

I guess we both share the same interest - I'm pretty much into aviation photography too :)
Will I see you more often at Changi Airport? Haha.

Well from my experience with 55-250mm lens, the distortions are very minor but vignetting is a problem. Especially evident if you got strong sunlight in the morning/afternoon etc. Try to shoot at F8 or F11. It will be good :thumbsup:

And what I felt is 250mm will be sufficient if you are large jets, like B74X, A380, A34X, these planes have either long bodies or long wings.
But for smaller ones, like A32X, B73X, maybe you will a...little more zoom. Especially if they are already up in air.

For planes at the aprons (unless u are at the viewing mall), then 250mm to me sometimes will not be enough. Consider longer focal lengths lenses, if you have the money:bsmilie::devil:
Say, 70-300mm? 100-400mm? Or Sigma's 50-500mm! WOW~! Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.