Getting a suitable camera..

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dun wan to waste $ on films n stuf...

i like to go ard taking pictures things tt i see i wanna take.. but i cant.. with a slr i can take them but... the film costs will eventually add up..

They mention starting with an slr to get the feel 2...

but film costs is pushing me to get a digicam..

hmm with that swivel screen thingy and the specs and features..i tink g2 probably is something that is suitable for u...thats what i thnk..but definately there are other choices ^_^

theres quite some users complaining bout g3 as theres some problems regarding to it. So the more favoured ones are still g2 instead of g3. :bsmilie:

my personal experience...

1. virgin cam, FM2. my uncle's full manual SLR...
film too ex not enough to play.. ~10 rolls

2. coolpix 990. AF slow, not exciting esp zoom. 4k+ pics in 4 mths... $2k+ with accs

3. oly 2100. 2 mp, 10x zoom, most fun cam.. 1-2k shots in 1.5 years... can shoot all sorts of rubbish... $2k+ w accs

4. SLR eos 50. AF fast, many things to buy... fking heavy
10+ rolls... nice really nice when using ext flash and good film...
$2k and still growing fast

my personal experience:

1. Nikon F80

2. sony P2 - 2 mega-pixel compact camera. no manual functions. Small & light enough to fit in my handbag

3. G2- recently bought at Sitex - chose it over the G3 because of the problems some users complain about and prefer the feel of the G2 as the G3 felt kinda cheap in my hands. Paid $1130 (inclusive of GST & a 256 compact flash card).

I still prefer using my film slr but wanted the G2 where i can practice with the manual functions. The reason for getting it is to avoid paying excessive developing costs as i am still on the lower end of the learning curve and don't want to take up physical space for film storage.

Originally posted by lavenderlilz
my personal experience:

1. Nikon F80

2. sony P2 - 2 mega-pixel compact camera. no manual functions. Small & light enough to fit in my handbag

3. G2- recently bought at Sitex - chose it over the G3 because of the problems some users complain about and prefer the feel of the G2 as the G3 felt kinda cheap in my hands. Paid $1130 (inclusive of GST & a 256 compact flash card).

I still prefer using my film slr but wanted the G2 where i can practice with the manual functions. The reason for getting it is to avoid paying excessive developing costs as i am still on the lower end of the learning curve and don't want to take up physical space for film storage.

Congrats, lavenderliz!!!! Finally made up your mind on which to get. Canon G2 is a good choice. Good luck. Hope to see some shots fr u soon. :gbounce: :gbounce:

Originally posted by GoclPa
- resolution is nt so impt.. monitors can display 1024*^ hehe..

do you want to print the pics? if you want to print big, get a higher MP camera (at least a good 3MP like Fujifilm S602 or a 4MP one like G2). Monitor resolution is not sufficient to produce high quality prints.

Status
Not open for further replies.