Getting 1st dslr soon. Dilemma!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm quite firm on getting a nikon. personally i think i would prefer the layout of the buttons that way.
plus, i'm the kind once i've decided on a brand, if i were to be persuaded to get other brands, i might end up being unhappy because it wasn't my original choice to start with.
you may say i'm being a brand-conscious freak but i think the brand boils down to comfort of using the camera for me. HAHA. ;)
That's actually quite important. No point getting a camera you don't like to use.

i'm quite firm on getting a nikon. personally i think i would prefer the layout of the buttons that way.
plus, i'm the kind once i've decided on a brand, if i were to be persuaded to get other brands, i might end up being unhappy because it wasn't my original choice to start with.
you may say i'm being a brand-conscious freak but i think the brand boils down to comfort of using the camera for me. HAHA. ;)

actually whether its Nikon, canon, Olympus, Pentax, they are all decent cams,

Out of curiosity, is there any you could possibly need that the 1000D does not do ? The only significant thing I know of is the spot meter, but 1000D does have a partial meter, which is probably pretty good.

It's funny coz just a few years ago, even professionals use equipment with even less features than the entry level DSLRs of today.

If you really look at the DSLR age, they are a pretty new equipment. Previously, cam makers like Nikon, canon, Pentax , or Olympus, they just have to concentrate on making the cam body, the film part was left to players like Fujifilm, Kodak, Agfa and what you have. Suddenly, with the conversion to digital, the cam makers got to learn how to make "digital film" , and in fairness it has only been about 10, 15 years. That's why its common to have cases whereby a latest model does not necessarily means better performance then the previous one.the manufacturers are still tweaking their products. as for having more features, believe me, this is the cheapest part of the products.

I know what you mean, but I assume the poster I was replying to meant camera features, not button layout. Button layout is a matter of taste, and since it changes from model/generation even within the same brand, you'll just have to get used to it.

I know what you mean, but I assume the poster I was replying to meant camera features, not button layout. Button layout is a matter of taste, and since it changes from model/generation even within the same brand, you'll just have to get used to it.

Buttons may change, but the command dials usually stay the same. I guess that's probably the most important controls for the TS

I also caught into this b4, but after taking a few shoot at alanphoto & comparing D5000 + D90.

And I was impress with D90, so settle down with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.