Gather young and newbie kopitiam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your ord date is same as me too.. which coy were you from in bmt?
Saw the pics le, it's nice and sharp,:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

P coy, the CSM is the commando one :bsmilie:

actually, the 135 can be quite tricky given the shallowness.. even stop down to f4.5 i still get oof in some of my shots :embrass:

P coy, the CSM is the commando one :bsmilie:

actually, the 135 can be quite tricky given the shallowness.. even stop down to f4.5 i still get oof in some of my shots :embrass:

Hmm.. ever try taking wide open? How's the results?

I'm from M coy, beside you.. Haha..

at F2 it is usable, but if you are not careful, you will get a blurred shot. CA is quite visible at this aperture.. maybe suitable for extreme situations only, but again i am still learning.. :)

M coy? heh, i can still remember got a justice bao sgt at your coy, everytime song or not song also scold people.

at F2 it is usable, but if you are not careful, you will get a blurred shot. CA is quite visible at this aperture.. maybe suitable for extreme situations only, but again i am still learning.. :)

M coy? heh, i can still remember got a justice bao sgt at your coy, everytime song or not song also scold people.

WA!!!
you got my DREAM LENS!!!! :D Haha... Think i'll buy the lens in... 4 years time??? hahaha.... Got time we go out leh! Then can let me try the lens????

Oh.. never buy grip and tripod? The tamron cost how much? Altogether how much? I in camp today ah.. Didnt go home cause it's too far. Oh ya! i'm on off this friday, wanna go shooting? hee..

Eh, no la. He got limited budget, so grip and tripod not that urgent lor. The tamron cost 680 with a free filter. The body i think cost 1180... I'm free on friday! Msn me lor!!! I dun mind going out! In fact, i'm dying to go out!!! Rotting at home is no fun man!

If only the 135 F2 comes with IS!! Haha.. then it'll be ultimate. Not too much into prime myself, still prefer zoom lens. Hee.. More flexibility for me.

Haha.. got lots of sick sgt and pc over at my side, but everyone of us is just too afraid to complaint, CO ask us is there anything we want to reflect also no one say, dont even dare to cough a word. Haha..

WA!!!
you got my DREAM LENS!!!! :D Haha... Think i'll buy the lens in... 4 years time??? hahaha.... Got time we go out leh! Then can let me try the lens????

This friday lor! Hee.. eugene free? FilterFunk free? Friday morning i'll go home and take my stuff then meet you guys. Anywhere you guys wanna go to shoot??

Eh, no la. He got limited budget, so grip and tripod not that urgent lor. The tamron cost 680 with a free filter. The body i think cost 1180... I'm free on friday! Msn me lor!!! I dun mind going out! In fact, i'm dying to go out!!! Rotting at home is no fun man!

Anyway have we seen eugene before? Cant recall his looks leh. Haha... So sorry eugene.:sweat: The body for the price is not bad, for the lens i dont know le. What free filter MS gave? Got bug them to give Hoya HMC? :bsmilie:

Okie.. tmr msn you, hee.. So have you bought your tripod yet?

Haha, the filter is some unknown brand one... Haha, anyway friday go where?? Msn me leh! Eugene didn't join us before, but he's free on friday. I'm talking to him on msn now! MSN ME LA!!!!

WA!!!

next outing lor and.. this is 1 lens not everyone will like as its kinda 'long' (in focal length).. i am learning to use primes these days.. i would say its a niche group of lens..

my $0.02 worth of rant on this lens
bad (to some maybe good) points:
1. mini. focusing distance - 0.9m
2. you cant really use this lens indoors unless you got alot of space.. or you love 'head shots' :bsmilie:
3. odd filter size.. 72mm, you cant share filters.. (but its definitely cheaper than 77mm)
4. CA at F2, little at F2.8, almost none at F4
5. no zoom = less versatile if you cant walk around..

good (to some maybe bad) points:
1. F2, v.bright and fast, plus extremely sharp. how sharp? i dont use any unsharp mask (or any form of sharpening) at all for the pictures coming out from this lens..
2. the hood is HUGE. 2/3 the length of this lens, lots of protection.
3. relatively 'light' (700+g) considering the amount of glass in it, and i mean really huge pieces of glass..
4. distortion is low, bokeh is buttery (8blade aperture), FTM is available, the MF ring is Large and smooth
5. you learn to push yourself to produce the results you want..

Haha.. got lots of sick sgt and pc over at my side, but everyone of us is just too afraid to complaint, CO ask us is there anything we want to reflect also no one say, dont even dare to cough a word. Haha..

This friday lor! Hee.. eugene free? FilterFunk free? Friday morning i'll go home and take my stuff then meet you guys. Anywhere you guys wanna go to shoot??

Okie.. tmr msn you, hee.. So have you bought your tripod yet?

on my part, friday is fine for now but the weather has been rather erratic as of late :sweat:

let me know where you guys want to shoot. i will PM you guys my msn :)

Hi guys
I'm Bryan, 24 soon, Serving NS then ORD in Aug. will be going to uni then
Owns D70s, kit lens, 50mm f1.8 and 55-200mm and SB800

Pretty new in photography so hope to learn more from you guys

Hi guys
I'm Bryan, 24 soon, Serving NS then ORD in Aug. will be going to uni then
Owns D70s, kit lens, 50mm f1.8 and 55-200mm and SB800

Pretty new in photography so hope to learn more from you guys

Feel free to join us! Free this friday? Actually for me i got nth much to teach as i'm a noob myself. Haha.. maybe filterfunk can teach more.

today i'm actually going down to CP to look at filters...wanna buy cokin systems
then going town to practice

today i'm actually going down to CP to look at filters...wanna buy cokin systems
then going town to practice

today we just went out for shooting and shopping trip.. Hee.. Just came back.. which filters you're thinking of buying??

today we just went out for shooting and shopping trip.. Hee.. Just came back.. which filters you're thinking of buying??

bought 67mm and 52mm ring, P holder and Blue 123 Grad Filter
wanted to get the ND8 but CP no more

Status
Not open for further replies.