FZ10 vs. FZ20 vs. FZ5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw someone selling FZ10 at $600 at CS 'buy/sell' yesterday. Not sure if it's sold!

Whether FZ10 or FZ20, both are great camera to own... :thumbsup:

should be a good buy if u dun need the 5MP.

thanks guys. i really appreciate all the good gems of feedback that keep coming in
i'm a bit torn by all the options.

i) There's the guy selling his FZ10 for 600.
I think Best Denki is selling them new for 699, and someone found a display set for $599(!)

ii) The FZ20's are going for about 920. and i think they're so good, no one wants to part with them 2nd hand.

iii) Then. I'm partly tempted to wait for the FZ5, which seems to have all the upside of the FZ20 (including the black body!) without the excess weight (and the constant 2.8). I'm thinking it might be competitively priced.

iv) In fact. I just saw the new 10x Minolta Z5 (the closest competitor i think to the FZ20) Retails cheap at $740! but an aesthetic nightmare in imho. :bsmilie:

http://www.fotoheaven.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=171&osCsid=8e228b41852620473f8b16db664e7be6

v) Then even cheaper, i've seen a couple of people selling their FZ2s for 380-420.. which is a great price considering the leica lens is no different from the FZ20. but 2.1mp is barely enough for 4x6. great as a powerful backup cam.

it seems like no matter which way i go, i'll end up happy with a great piece of glass. :)

niteblu said:
thanks guys. i really appreciate all the good gems of feedback that keep coming in
i'm a bit torn by all the options.

i) There's the guy selling his FZ10 for 600.
I think Best Denki is selling them new for 699, and someone found a display set for $599(!)

ii) The FZ20's are going for about 920. and i think they're so good, no one wants to part with them 2nd hand.

iii) Then. I'm partly tempted to wait for the FZ5, which seems to have all the upside of the FZ20 (including the black body!) without the excess weight (and the constant 2.8). I'm thinking it might be competitively priced.

iv) In fact. I just saw the new 10x Minolta Z5 (the closest competitor i think to the FZ20) Retails cheap at $740! but an aesthetic nightmare in imho. :bsmilie:

http://www.fotoheaven.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=171&osCsid=8e228b41852620473f8b16db664e7be6

v) Then even cheaper, i've seen a couple of people selling their FZ2s for 380-420.. which is a great price considering the leica lens is no different from the FZ20. but 2.1mp is barely enough for 4x6. great as a powerful backup cam.

it seems like no matter which way i go, i'll end up happy with a great piece of glass. :)

I got my FZ10 from Best ard 2 wks ago, it was brand new at $580. But at e branch I went to (Simei), there weren't any more left in black so I had to go for e silver version. According to e saleman, it was e last set. Didn't mind e compromise cos it's was still a gd price for such a great cam. :)

IMHO, it's always gd to get a brand new one i.e. 1-yr warranty ('Best' offers a 5 yr warranty for ~$20 extra, I took it), scratch-free, LCD free from wear n tear etc.

Be careful when u buy 2nd hand stuff, cos e batt may not last as long n it may have some defects like LCD dead pixels, scratches, LCD coat fading... Make sure u ask on all these details, cos we normally jus look at jus e superficial stuff when buyin 2nd hand.

Agree w many of e others here; either one (FZ10/20) will be a great buy. Good luck for ur purchase!

invigorated said:
I got my FZ10 from Best ard 2 wks ago, it was brand new at $580. But at e branch I went to (Simei), there weren't any more left in black so I had to go for e silver version. According to e saleman, it was e last set. Didn't mind e compromise cos it's was still a gd price for such a great cam. :)

IMHO, it's always gd to get a brand new one i.e. 1-yr warranty ('Best' offers a 5 yr warranty for ~$20 extra, I took it), scratch-free, LCD free from wear n tear etc.

Be careful when u buy 2nd hand stuff, cos e batt may not last as long n it may have some defects like LCD dead pixels, scratches, LCD coat fading... Make sure u ask on all these details, cos we normally jus look at jus e superficial stuff when buyin 2nd hand.

Agree w many of e others here; either one (FZ10/20) will be a great buy. Good luck for ur purchase!

Wow! $600 for a brand new FZ10 with 5yrs warranty? Superb deal I must say.

So far, in terms of overall image quality, the FZ10 have the edge over the FZ20, at least from the samples I have seen. Got to be the noise issue but the improvements the FZ20 have over the FZ10 is nothing to scoff at esp the much faster processing and speed.

Time to start hunting for a clearance sale FZ10! :D

go get fz20,im newbie too but this cam proven to help me quite a lot in term s of learning :)

Status
Not open for further replies.