FX9 tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
take shot at 1/4sec ? how you control that?

oh just go to the slow shutter option in the recording menu. you can set the longest shutter speed that the camera will use...default is 1/8, followed by 1/4 and 1/2 if i'm not wrong..so whenever the lighjting condition is bad, the camera will automatically choose the slowest shutter that u choose...

let me know if that works!

Got a FX9 for $550 at The Camera Workshop(TCW). Includes a 512mb sd card.

But it is a 1 year TCW shop warranty.

Got mine at MSColor at $600, 512mb card with leather case..
More exp than getting from TCW.. :what:

Woah since the warranty is from TCW, you bought a grey set i presume?

nerdie said:

but your is local warranty mah...

whats the different between warranty from TCW and panasonic?

madmacs said:
but your is local warranty mah...
What's the difference between local and shop warranty?

I also planning to get FX9. But since it has been out for some time, I worry after I get FX9, Pana release FX10.

Any idea when will FX10 be out?

I need a take and shoot camera, me not pro. :) Also, looking for a cam with good pix quality when taking photos at night. I am quite disappointed with my Dimage low light and night shoots. It's also prone to blur pixs.

Is FX9 the best cam with stabiliser to get now?

What made you guys decide on this model?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Success, to be honest..the fx9's iso performance isn't exactly the best..so if u want a camera to take photos in low light conditions, you might want to consider the fuji f11..

try calling or check out www.bargaincity.com.sg

i got my camera from them, think it is $709 incl GST but got quite a lot of freebies and they deliver it to you on the same day, fast and easy.

dingydongy said:
Hi Success, to be honest..the fx9's iso performance isn't exactly the best..so if u want a camera to take photos in low light conditions, you might want to consider the fuji f11..

Thanks,

I am looking for an all purpose camera, not really for low light condition.

Just that I was disappointed with my Dimage, it's night shoot are bad and pics get blur often.

So I am looking for a cam that can take ok night pics and has stabilizer function.

nerdie said:
What's the difference between local and shop warranty?

I guess that it would really boils down to personal preference.

To me, there is no difference. However, that is because i know the people from TCW and i trust them. Nick from TCW has also stated that if they cannot repair the camera, they will send it down to Panasonic to get it repaired. So basically, the warranty is still honoured. And both local and shop warranty are for a year.

But i would say that it is really up to the individual. Some people feel safer with warranty given by Panasonic, while some would rather save abit of moo-lah and get a shop warranty.

nerdie said:

when you got your fx9? $600 is GST inclusive?

i got mine at slightly less than 700 ... wif free 512 card and spare batt and case...

it was in hk...

buten again....tt was then...i tink i have had the fx9 for some time now...prob more than 2 mths..... so i am an early buyer.....

come to tink of it...the price dropped real fast

My dream is that, one day Panasonic will upgrade the FX9 firmware and allow to shoot in RAW format...:lovegrin:

lol...I agree....good idea!

cikgoo said:
i think u can get a better deal by buying cheap discounted best denki vouchers on yahoo auction....
u should find a $700 voucher goin for $620...
then buy it $699 from best denki...

u get 2 x 512 SD cards
case
OEM battery
tripod
cleaning kit
card reader...

isnt that better ?

Success said:
Thanks,

I am looking for an all purpose camera, not really for low light condition.

Just that I was disappointed with my Dimage, it's night shoot are bad and pics get blur often.

So I am looking for a cam that can take ok night pics and has stabilizer function.

I hv good experience usingFZ5 for night portraits during christmas or chinese new year light up. I think FX9 is able to achieve exactly the same good shots, since it has similar inards.

If you see sample of night portrait mode and party mode, these are the nice pics that u can really achieve without using tripod, due to having OIS.

http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/lumix/fx9_8/mode.html

Status
Not open for further replies.