FX8/9 Users: Any here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me also for option 2.

When do we go down? Please let me know!

Should we wait for COMEX? Do you think we can get better price at COMEX?

Hi guys,

The shop is Lords Camera at Lucky Plaza. You should be able to go down on your own to buy the cameras. They already have stocks. Just look for James and tell them you're from ClubSnap.. I already checked with him.

I will most probably be going down tonight to buy mine also. Don't think any point waiting for COMEX as it will probably be retailing at the RRP (above $700) with some freebies thrown in.

Will be there at around 6.30-6.45.. ;)

Really dunno if should buy now..... another shop in Lucky plaza - digicam - also quoted 650 for 256 card and camera (that's before bargaining)....... should i wait for sim lim to carry the cam? :dunno:

Just bought a red fx9 - looks cool! Surveyed the whole of lucky plaza. Price range about the same.... another shop offered cheaper at 670 but with kingston 512 card... so bought at 675 from lord's photo :) Now... waiting for the battery to charge!;)

wow, i tot u were still thinking and you are the fastest among all!!!

how is it? i am thinking of goin right now. do you think they are still open? :)

Sure they are - so many shops anyway and price very similiar :) .... but I think the display set in grey looks weird.......... Do update us!

I called, they were closing at 8pm.

Anyway, tell us after you have had it charged up.

So exciting... I wanna get the black oneee

Also got mine just now from Lords... red is very nice hor? Actually the black is also VERY nice, cause its a matt black... goes very well if you have the Sony Erricsson k750i phone :cool:

Wife prefered the red, which is also very nice.. matt red colour... will post some pics later if I don't fall asleep waiting for the battery to charge...

Heard Astin also bought the red one today? So quiet? Must be out shooting! :bsmilie:

So thats 3 red ones today.. :)

Did anyone happen to see LX1 at any of the shops? Thinking of getting this model.

BenToon said:
Did anyone happen to see LX1 at any of the shops? Thinking of getting this model.

Sorry, didn't look at other models. Give Lords a call tomorrow - 67378774

Wah, you guys sure excited abt getting the Lumix FX9. Envy sia, i want one too, but no spare cash for another camera, my current dSLR is like a 'bottomless pit'... Like the song from Tanya Chua / Cai Jian Ya, 'Wu Di Dong'...

By they way, can anyone recommend a good LCD protector for the FX9? Am currently using a crappy one that I bought for my mobile phone...sibei ugly :sweat:

try go down to this place called best cam @ penninsular plaza opp cathay, ask for their lcd protector/cleaning kit..
i bought it at $5, got 3 pieces of lcd protector, can cut watever size u wan, each piece about 8cm by 10cm.. make sure got 3 pieces inside. last time they try to sell me the outer most package, i noticed only got 1 piece, then quietly changed for the 2nd package
the protector holds up quite good.. withstands alot of scratches etc so far, never break come off, or kena dog ear.
currently cut to protect my phone, my dslr, 2 of my hp screens, my friend's camera etc..

so is the group buy for FX9 still on??

mscolor quoted me $610 excl GST - give 256 and case....so so offer only right, not a fantastic deal??

look at the other thread and see see my breakdown..
wah $610 without GST... i tot wif GST..

tuapui said:
so is the group buy for FX9 still on??

mscolor quoted me $610 excl GST - give 256 and case....so so offer only right, not a fantastic deal??

Same price as Lords, 610 + 5% GST is $640. Lords giving Sandisk SD instead of the usual Kingston. Plus option 2 can upgrade to 512 Sandisk for just $35 more. Just drop down to Lords and tell James you're from ClubSnap for the deal on the FX9. Definitely more worth it than the COMEX offer of $749. The hard case they're giving is BIG -defeats the purpose of buying a compact P&S :p

I will be getting either the FX8 or FX9 but I only need it by mid Oct for a trip. Right now I still have my old digicam and meanwhile trying to sell it.

Do you think the FX9 price will come down a little within 1.5 months? Should I wait or should I not wait....?

I got it! BLACK...

Very nice camera :)

Hey, the new owners, is the bad noise level a real problem?

"Visible noise reduction effects at ISO 160 and above" - dpreview

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.