FurryPhotos - Pet Portraiture/Pictures

raptor84

Dec 6, 2005
Singapore
www.furry-photos.com
I have decided to start a thread to contain all my miscellaneous posts instead of starting a new thread each time. Feel free to leave your thoughts on the photos.

I decided to see what I could do with the kit lens since I was used to using the 17-40 now. Here are some shots taken over the last 2-3 days at Mutts and Mittens

Its Xiao En again. The hyperactive mongrel that jsut dosent seem to run out of energy. Taken with kit lens @18mm and f/9.5
Xiao-En-05.jpg

Taken on X'mas Eve, Rudolph was having a good time making friends with some of the people in the room ;p he seems to enjoy rawhide treats alot.. kit @20mm f/8
Rudolph-02.jpg

Thats all for now feel free to comment and criticise. Have a merry X'mas all.

Its amazing what the kit lens is actually capable of, isnt it? Alot of people just dump it ;)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Haha yea but only with good lighitng or an external flash with something to bouce off :D for 1/10 (or less)the price of the 17-40 is a good tempory solution to my wide angle problem.

More wideangle goodness @f/9.5 with San Bao
San-Bao-Portrait-06.jpg

:heart: very lovely dogs...feel like kissing them..

May I come...? I promise to ask for permission. I noe the place...been around it a few times.

Bro,

great job with the kit lens. Nice portriature shots.

Anywayz, do you use flash to shot them? I always have problem getting ambient light if I use flash even with the LSPJII. Wierd huh. Shooting at 1/50 f5.6 or even f4. Background still pretty underexposed compared to the subject.

Regards,
tltan

Bro,

great job with the kit lens. Nice portriature shots.

Anywayz, do you use flash to shot them? I always have problem getting ambient light if I use flash even with the LSPJII. Wierd huh. Shooting at 1/50 f5.6 or even f4. Background still pretty underexposed compared to the subject.

Regards,
tltan

I shot with a bounced flash off the ceiling with no diffuser on at ISO 400-800. Most of the time its 1/2 to 1 stop under. The ceilings in most of my cases is pretty low bug enough to expose it. Only the shot with Xiao En in it was badly underexposed as the roof was angled and did not bounce back enough =p RAW is a lifesaver. I also shoot during the late afternoon when there is still enough ambient light. Hope this helps.

ic

thanks for the explanation.

And continue to share your good shots!

Regards,
tltan

Thanks t|tan.
Here's another shot with the kit lens 39mm@f/8... my GF's cat is currently boarding there so have been going down every few days to visit and brush the cat =p.. 430EX bounced off the celing with no diffuser.

Purrfect (yes that's her name)
Purrfect-05.jpg

Some old classic cats in the days of my LC-33, the camera that was my training wheels for a good 6+ months.

Carl- Kung Fu Kitty!
carl.jpg

Come closer...
catty2.jpg

Ariel, with the supermodel pose
ariel.jpg

Zina, full of attitude...

Thanks for viewing :)

Let me ask u something, how come the cat stays so still for your picture? For some reason, i try to take pictures of cats/dogs, they never stay still wanting to lick the lens or hump my leg.
Or perhaps it is due to them being so bored with u always taking their picture?

Oh btw, cute kats u have there!

Cheerios