Fungus in Lens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I normally put the lense in the bag in my office. does it tend to cause fungus? Is it better to take the lenses out of the bag if not using them for some time, say, 1 month?

freecloud said:
I normally put the lense in the bag in my office. does it tend to cause fungus? Is it better to take the lenses out of the bag if not using them for some time, say, 1 month?

its the same, whether you put ur lens in the bag or out of the bag. it logic behind is humidity is the measure of moisture in air. So, it should be equally or roughly equal humidity inside the bag and outside the bag. Putting the lens in the bag does not keep humidity out. Likewise, taking out the lens for 1 month just exposes your lens to the normal humidity of air around you. So, the solution is to get a dry box. There is no way around it.

Hope it helps.

duhduh83 said:
hi guys,

i returned today with my serviced lens. now it looks almost new. so i would recommend the original thread starter to go down to tcw and have it fixed. the only thing is that once a lens is infected with fungus, there is no way of clearing the marks totally. i observed my lens, it was alot better than b4. I would say 80-90% better, the minor markings left behind cannot be helped because the fungus has already eaten into it. So surely there will be some sort of markings. But not to worry, it wont affect the picture by laws of physics. i would say for 75 dollars it is quite worth it, unless you can find it cheaper somewhere else.

of course the other option is to sell it away, but i urge you, if you were to do so, please indicate it to the buyer..... its just plain honesty here. cos i dont wish someone else to fall into my own shoes....

gd luck!

Thanks duhduh... I will give them a try one of these days! :)

There are thing you can be stingy and some things you can't. You will feel more secure in having it.

Status
Not open for further replies.