Fujifilm X100 at $1400, Is it a good buy?

matt0001

Nov 23, 2010
Hi, my friend in thailand told me that a brand new X100 is selling at around S$1400 standard package. Want to check with with bros out there if it is a reasonable price?

Anyone know what is the street price in Singapore?

$1699. As long as its not "swimming goods" and come with warranty, its a good price. Based on retail price of $1699, I would assume the market price would be around $1600 but that is assuming there are stocks. Fujifilm Japan can't keep up with demand and with the Japanese disaster still ongoing, I very much doubt the factories are running at full capacity if at all.

Hi, my friend in thailand told me that a brand new X100 is selling at around S$1400 standard package. Want to check with with bros out there if it is a reasonable price?

Anyone know what is the street price in Singapore?

possible, i observed that canon stuff in BKK is around 15%-20% lower than Singapore.. E.g. canon s95 is $500 vs $600 here.

worth checking out.

S$1600 is the street price.

It is in thailand, Bkk. not preorder. Just confirmed again in the thai web site. After conversion, around 1400

sorry exact amount is S$1435. I think going get one there when i visit there next month.

Yes man bro, I realised that too

possible, i observed that canon stuff in BKK is around 15%-20% lower than Singapore.. E.g. canon s95 is $500 vs $600 here.

worth checking out.

yes bro, I realised it too

Too date, can it be found in the street(sg) yet? hope to get the street price here first

i find one of the shop bangkok selling THB 30597 after 7 % Tax refund for tourists,so about SGD1280,is it good deal?going to get one next month.

Yes it is. It's even cheaper than the dealer's price Fuji set for our local dealers. The difference between the Thai and local price can pay for air tickets and accomodation already. Please buy a few more for us while you are there. ;)

What's the name of the shop and where is it by the way? Thinking of asking a friend to get one for me the next time he goes to Bangkok. :)

Last edited:
i find one of the shop bangkok selling THB 30597 after 7 % Tax refund for tourists,so about SGD1280,is it good deal?going to get one next month.

Hi do you mind to share which shop in bkk?? TIA

be patience! wait for the shipment to come in(maybe next month???) you can get it from one of our SG camera shop for $1440 only!

my friend bought 3 set recently

http://www.avcamera.com/

Yes it is. It's even cheaper than the dealer's price Fuji set for our local dealers. The difference between the Thai and local price can pay for air tickets and accomodation already. Please buy a few more for us while you are there. ;)

What's the name of the shop and where is it by the way? Thinking of asking a friend to get one for me the next time he goes to Bangkok. :)

my friend bought 3 set recently

http://www.avcamera.com/

yup,you are right, a lot of photo gear cheaper than singapore.:thumbsup:
going to get some gear next month:bsmilie:

Wow.. everything is cheaper there. Like that can organise a photo gear shopping tour to Bangkok and save money.

called the shop, after refund around S$1300. must pay a visit