Fuji X-M1

This is my view of the fujifilm X-M1 I got in Dec.

I have decided to get the X-M1 after Fujiflim has an offer in Dec last year.
I have always want to try out the Fujifilm camera for a while but has already invested a lot in the m43 category. Many good reviews on the Fujifilm and the good offer in Dec last year has made me take the plunge.

This will be my own personal view for the X-M1 as compared to my Panasonic GM1.

My likes for X-M1
1) Good colours
2) Good high ISO noise

My dislike for X-M1.
1) No touch screen
2) Focus peaking basically unusable. Focus Peaking is the main reason I wanted to try the Fujifilm cameras.(Shown Below). I got the Samyang 7.5mm Fisheye on the same day when I got the X-M1.
Intended to get 12 mm Samyang but after seeing the result of the focus peaking, I decided not to get the 12mm.
3) Slighly slower in focus and sometime unable to focus on darker object. The GM1 is stronger in this area.
4) Exposure Bracketing only offer up to 3 photos with maxumium 1 f-stop away.
5) Poor service level from Fujifilm Studio in Funan. Refuse to help me when I enquire on the Focus Peaking issue.

The recent firmware updates shows that X-M1 is out of the firmware upadtes. So don't think any more firmware improvement for X-M1.

Panasonic cameras has many functions that can make protography fun. Good Focus Peaking. Horizontal level indicator, Time Lapse control, greater exposure bracketing.
I'm back to m43 camera and X-M1 is now in storage. Hope in the future, Fujifilm will improve on its functionality.
Fujifilm lens is also getting bigger and heavier, which defeat the purpose of moving to mirroeless.

GM1vXM1 by danielgohww, on Flickr

Focus Peaking(Blue Colour) clearing seen on GM1. Can't see it on X-M1

Last edited:
anyone update to firmware 1.30 already?

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xm1/

Detail of the update

The firmware update Ver. 1.30 from Ver.1.20 incorporates the following issues:

1. Addition of compatibility with "XF35mmF2 R WR"
AF function will work more naturally and smoothly with "XF35mmF2 R WR".
2. Addition of compatibility with Teleconverter "XF1.4X TC WR"
Function with the combination of "XF1.4X TC WR" and "XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR" will be fully performed and values of aperture and focal length will be displayed correctly.
3. Support for Windows10
 The phenomenon is fixed that images in a camera cannot be transferred to a Windows10 PC via a USB cable.