Fuji X-E1 and new compact coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEX 7~ LOL

I've posted my m4/3 gears so clearing my cab now I'll try to get my hands on X-E1 soon so I could assess it but to me I've used to the PEN AF speed specially the older PEN like EPL1 since I normally shoot with MF lenses so AF speed is my hands hehe even with NEX7 I only have Sigma 19mm AF e-mount. Speaking of MF lens one of my Fav Russian lens just arrive :) Zenit 50 f/2 love this lens sharp and smooth out of focus rendering.

it is not really a fair comparison if you compare Nex7 + kit lens vs x-e1 + XF35. All existing XF primes are pretty "slow" in AF but the zoom lens suppose to be quicker due to introduction of linear motor.

it is not really a fair comparison if you compare Nex7 + kit lens vs x-e1 + XF35. All existing XF primes are pretty "slow" in AF but the zoom lens suppose to be quicker due to introduction of linear motor.

yeah. as mention, just have a very short & simple test. also due I have quite a number of NEX and manual lens (not Leica lens..so even harder to sell LOL) .. so it will be quite troublesome for me to sell everything .

yeah. as mention, just have a very short & simple test. also due I have quite a number of NEX and manual lens (not Leica lens..so even harder to sell LOL) .. so it will be quite troublesome for me to sell everything .

give me your MF lenses list I like Mf lenses :) I may be able to buy some :)

cannot give.. sell only! :bsmilie:

CV 35 F1.2
Contax G45
Contax G90

think i need to pratice more on MF . LOL k.. think better not OT

the only lens I like is CV 35 f1.2 Contax not tried it i heard the focusing/apeture is not that easy :) but CV 35 f1.2 is not cheap bro this is expenssive :)

albertri said:
the only lens I like is CV 35 f1.2 Contax not tried it i heard the focusing/apeture is not that easy :) but CV 35 f1.2 is not cheap bro this is expenssive :)

For MF lenses. CV 35-1.2 Asph 2 is as near as u can get to d lux FLE.

Thoth said:
For MF lenses. CV 35-1.2 Asph 2 is as near as u can get to d lux FLE.

I think i can only go up to 35 f1.4 hehe

yrh0413 said:
stick with your XF35 better :cool: For 35mm focal length I don't think anyone should consider adapted lens.

I quite agree. My cron 35 asph is pretty redundant now. LOL

Hi there im keen on the XE1 but my major concerns are shot to shot speed and card read/write speeds above and beyond the Af speed. How does it fair ? How fast can i take the next picture with preview mode turned off ? Is better than my current EPL1 ??? If not im also considering the Rx1 though a different animal altogether.

Thanks

come lend me few days to play with it :bsmilie:

Come shoot wif me over d weekends, can lend u a few hours to play wif it.. haha

Hi there im keen on the XE1 but my major concerns are shot to shot speed and card read/write speeds above and beyond the Af speed. How does it fair ? How fast can i take the next picture with preview mode turned off ? Is better than my current EPL1 ??? If not im also considering the Rx1 though a different animal altogether.

Thanks

Actually, for mirrorless, AF is as good as it can get... anything better, go DSLR. Wif a faster SD Card, the read/write speed will definitely improve and I m on normal SD card, I dun find much lag btw.

RX1 is Full Frame and seriously, theoretically could be better, but no one actually provides a full review yet of its AF speed etc... Still yet to be seen.

For purely very high picture quality in terms of IQ, Bokeh & Sharpness, X-E1 is it... Thanks.

Thoth said:
Actually, for mirrorless, AF is as good as it can get... anything better, go DSLR. Wif a faster SD Card, the read/write speed will definitely improve and I m on normal SD card, I dun find much lag btw.

RX1 is Full Frame and seriously, theoretically could be better, but no one actually provides a full review yet of its AF speed etc... Still yet to be seen.

For purely very high picture quality in terms of IQ, Bokeh & Sharpness, X-E1 is it... Thanks.

Now i am slowly beginning to appreciate nex7 shutter speed or shoot speed. I was trying out panning today with nex7 and i manage to shoot two frames of a motorcycle before it disappear from my frame. I cant do that with EP3 the shoot to shoot speed of pen still not yet there even if i am using adapted lenses.

Anyone know where to get the Fuji 52mm filter or Carl zeiss filters locally? Thanks. Very appreciated!

Loving the xe-1. Shoot indoor ISO 1600 without worrying abt noise unlike omd:x opps

Anyone know where to get the Fuji 52mm filter or Carl zeiss filters locally? Thanks. Very appreciated!

Loving the xe-1. Shoot indoor ISO 1600 without worrying abt noise unlike omd:x opps

Tatz d thing... reminds me of high ISO capabilities like d full frame cameras from Nikon and Canon... I am also searching for the Fuji 52mm filter... Zeiss ones u can get at SLR Revo at level 4 in Funan. I will check out those in Funan this weekend.

Tatz d thing... reminds me of high ISO capabilities like d full frame cameras from Nikon and Canon... I am also searching for the Fuji 52mm filter... Zeiss ones u can get at SLR Revo at level 4 in Funan. I will check out those in Funan this weekend.

A shop quote me $159 for a Carl zeiss uv filter.. I was.. Speechless

irvinl said:
A shop quote me $159 for a Carl zeiss uv filter.. I was.. Speechless

Normal price what... A shop quoted me the same price as yours, for a Steinzeiser UV XD!

SLR revo quoted me like almost half of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.