Fuji X-E1 and new compact coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is so new that there is no customised screen protector for this XE-1!

Found a perfect fit 2.8 inch screen protector at Funan. Check out also if some of the stores have stocks by now since it is launched for a few days already.

The X100 LCD should be the same size .. I think if you ask for X100 screen protector you can find a number. If you ask for X-E1, they will say too new, not being aware that they have the same LCD.
This should work
LCD Screen Protector - Hercules Lcd Armour Protector for Fuji x100 - Sgcamerastore.com :: Professional Photography Accessories / Videography Equipments / Studio Lightings / Studio Kits / Studio Equipments - (Powered by CubeCart)

xAshtrayx said:
Fuji x series camera has soul in it :)

Best thing I heard about our camera thus far. :)

vengels said:
with the money i got from the sale of X-Pro1 + $200..
i managed to squeeze in a X-E1 body + 60mm macro..
:thumbsup:

Vengels
You sold your X-Pro1 body only izzit?

Drillbit said:
Best thing I heard about our camera thus far. :)

Haha is true....I am not pro or a working photographer....when I use a dslr...it is so convenient and advance in technology that it can auto do everything I need....which I just snap anything away w it.....but when I travel with dslr, from morning to night in overseas, I have to beware of thief ....and also the weight....and also the locals awkward reaction when I point a bazooka at their face, unless is a popular tourist area than no1 will care....

But the x series camera, once I pick up, it interacts with me and I have to think of the composition and the technical issues best suit the current scene.....after u get the shot, u will treasure it....,and u also notice ur skills grow w the camera....somehow I don't get the BBB virus too even thou I just use 1 lens now....that s y I say it has a soul in it....it interacts....

Is really 1 of the best camera for travelling and daily documentation camera in my bag.....free to move around without any worries.....since I'm not a pro so I don't need any of my dslr anymore.....fully investing into fuji :)

Thanks! Quite happy with the cheap LCD protector pasted and though not completed aligned to 4 corners, it covers 99%. Not bad.

Anybody knows if there are leather halfcase that can take in the handgrip as well, like the one for X-Pro1?

The X100 LCD should be the same size .. I think if you ask for X100 screen protector you can find a number. If you ask for X-E1, they will say too new, not being aware that they have the same LCD.
This should work
LCD Screen Protector - Hercules Lcd Armour Protector for Fuji x100 - Sgcamerastore.com :: Professional Photography Accessories / Videography Equipments / Studio Lightings / Studio Kits / Studio Equipments - (Powered by CubeCart)

xAshtrayx said:
Haha is true....I am not pro or a working photographer....when I use a dslr...it is so convenient and advance in technology that it can auto do everything I need....which I just snap anything away w it.....but when I travel with dslr, from morning to night in overseas, I have to beware of thief ....and also the weight....and also the locals awkward reaction when I point a bazooka at their face, unless is a popular tourist area than no1 will care....

But the x series camera, once I pick up, it interacts with me and I have to think of the composition and the technical issues best suit the current scene.....after u get the shot, u will treasure it....,and u also notice ur skills grow w the camera....somehow I don't get the BBB virus too even thou I just use 1 lens now....that s y I say it has a soul in it....it interacts....

Is really 1 of the best camera for travelling and daily documentation camera in my bag.....free to move around without any worries.....since I'm not a pro so I don't need any of my dslr anymore.....fully investing into fuji :)

My exact sentiments. I'm a casual photographer who wants to document the precious moments. I've ditched my DSLR, though I was quite (actually very) reluctant. It was fast, clinical, and does its job of taking pictures really well. Great pictures with great quality. The Fuji drives you nuts sometimes, missed shots, out of focus (which is rather frequent when using the OVF). But hey...my wife drives me nuts too. You enjoy taking picture more with the Fuji, though the image is not much better or worse than what the DSLR could produce. But the size is definitely a plus over the DSLR.

thanks Marklimmy and robinchee for the screen protector info

Zenten said:
So what have you been hearing prior to this?

The quirkiness and the great IQ of the Fuji's.

hi all xe1 users...
care to share how much you guys paid for it?... where to get the best deal?... thanks!
so far i checked its 1999 for body and 35...

blurboiboi said:
hi all xe1 users...
care to share how much you guys paid for it?... where to get the best deal?... thanks!
so far i checked its 1999 for body and 35...

I got at 1.6k in HK. Just body and lens, no freebies.

trd2970 said:
I got at 1.6k in HK. Just body and lens, no freebies.

I just touched down in HK airport. Haha. Later will go n check.

Thoth said:
I just touched down in HK airport. Haha. Later will go n check.

Good luck!! :D

Anyone can help me pick up a set from hkg??? Interested in a black with 35mm. Maybe get more bargaining power with 2 sets.

yupeeee said:
Anyone can help me pick up a set from hkg??? Interested in a black with 35mm. Maybe get more bargaining power with 2 sets.

Sure, if you pay in advance, my accommodation and my flight ticked I will fly over for you on the weekend. Please pm me.

You forgot taxi fare. Very expensive taxi fare there. Better include that. Haha....

Sure, if you pay in advance, my accommodation and my flight ticked I will fly over for you on the weekend. Please pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.