Frustrations

photoart said:
my suggestion is:

On a weekend evening
Cook or Pack some picnic food,
Bring family to the beach,
set up a mat or tent(can get from Carrefour/Giant hypermarket from 39.90 depending on size)
Let the kids play with sand or water or ride bicycle
Set up your tripod and camera to shoot the sunset

Done that Hehe. But I'm slow and need to focus 100 percent. End up i try to please both but none.

chocolateking123 said:
bring them along on your little trips? give them an insight on photography and share your passion with them :)

Not yet. My Kiddos are 5,3,1. Son maybe but my 2little princesses not yet. Hehe.

pachero said:
Email Tan Chuan Jin, ask him set up more after school care, and also email Heng Swee Kiat and tell him nobody fix a rule to say school must start at 7:30am...start at 10am cannot meh :p

OK. Sounds like a good lead. Thanks.

Haha. I read like maybe 2 hours everyday. Bryan Peterson, Michael freeman, shutterbug, digital photography etc. Haha.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Anyone knows anyone who would do walkabouts during office hours. Haha.

Why not do your very own walkabout? You can always start a thread in the Gatherings and Outings section. See who maybe keen to join you during office hours.

Test your own creativity and shoot at your own pace. That's one of the other best way to learn.

Or like some of our fellow CSers mentioned, speak with your wife. Choose an evening to either take her along or explain to her that you really want to go take sunset. But then again, she's your wife. You know her best.

Soooooo only time is during office hours. Frustrated too that no one does walkabout or provide courses then. Its always weekends and weekends also nono .

Who says photo courses are only on weekends. Not true. PSS Course Date

This is only a hobby. Family comes first.

PhotoProZero said:
Why not do your very own walkabout? You can always start a thread in the Gatherings and Outings section. See who maybe keen to join you during office hours.

Test your own creativity and shoot at your own pace. That's one of the other best way to learn.

Or like some of our fellow CSers mentioned, speak with your wife. Choose an evening to either take her along or explain to her that you really want to go take sunset. But then again, she's your wife. You know her best.

Okok. Will do that too.

Actually not that my wife doesn't understand. But my 3kids can be rather overwhelming so don't want to stress her out. Don't feel good when i go out enjoy when wife is at home shouting. Haha.

You dont sound frustrated to me.. You sounds desperate to me. (sorry if im too harsh. really no ill intention)
Understand your love and passion for photography. But i guess you have to set your priority right. Dont forget..you are a men with family now.

With really proper time management (which i cant help you) maybe its still possible if not talk to your wife..try to negotiate a way out. Almost nothing cannot be solve..have a good talk with her. Worst come to worst. Shoot other things.. come on.. sunset/sunrise is not just temporary.. you can still shoot it 10 years later. (when your kids are already bigger and you dont have to send them to school etc etc)..
Alas, i believe you still can take photos when you are 50 years old or older). Its just not worth it to ruin/disappoint your family and loves one for your own passion/interest - taking photo.

To sum up. i will say.
1) Set your priority right.
2) proper time management
3) Sacrifice

Just my 2 cents....

Not yet. My Kiddos are 5,3,1. Son maybe but my 2little princesses not yet. Hehe.

oh dear..was about the ask how old are your kids because i see bro here suggesting before you state your children's age.

Now you've mentioned.. i guess all the more you should be taking care and look after your kids more than finding timeout to take photographs of sunset/rise. You really want your wife (or maid) to handle all 3..? If not like others mention..start shooting your kids. might at least divert your interest and you will love them even more! : )

Practice practice and practice......pack ur familiar for a beach holiday trip an d u can shoot till star rise....and u have 3 free models too :)

Hi all.

Been in me for sometime and just wanna let out and hopefully get someone here to push me in the right direction. Haha.

Love photography and love taking my Kids. I have 3 and they together with my wife takes enormous time.

I want to take sunrise and sunsets yet for Sun rise, waking up early is fine but need to feed my little one. By the time i rush to location will be late. Then need to fetch my 2 others to school then wife to work so can't. Evening's have to fetch wife so sunsets are no no. Only chance is wife on dinner then can whoo hoo take a few. But that's one in and blue moon.

Soooooo only time is during office hours. Frustrated too that no one does walkabout or provide courses then. Its always weekends and weekends also nono .

Sigh. Can someone point me to the right direction then. What should i do to further improve my photography. Just shoot during office hours and post for critique ?

Erm. Divorcing is not an option. Haha. My job is flexible though.

Let me hear views or similar frustrations to let me know I'm not the only guy here.

family comes 1st, just shoot during whatever free time you have....the constraints will help you to be more efficient and focused in your
photography. and do post more photos here for critique :)

why have so many kids :eek:

anyways, try shooting them (both way works, and solves the problem;) ). its something that after 20 years, you will flip open and go gaga over the photos.

if there is anything i learnt in photography? personal photos, regardless how ugly/badly taken, records memories. its worth increases as time goes by. trust me on this :)

When all is said and done, photography is just a hobby.

Your family is the priority. When you have set aside sufficient time for them, then you live with the excess time that you have for yourself and spread it across different things. It could be more sleep, it could be the television, quiet reading time, etc. From there you should rank what you like to do best and if there's no room for photography, there's no room for photography. That's just life. Unfortunately we all get one life, in which the day has 24 hours and rest is needed. :)

I squeeze out whatever spare time I have now for photography. It's barely enough. I do not know when I will start a family or if I even will, but the fact is, I'm prepared to set aside photography for the timebeing until I get more time freed up again. It could be when the children grow up, or even when I retire. Naturally as I've been used to a certain routine for a long time now, it's going to be painful, but if you can't put your family first, then I think the blunt response is that you shouldn't start one. :) Cheers!

I do not know when I will start a family or if I even will

i thought you married already! hahaha :)

anyways, shooting children can be fun (both ways). let me show you how entertaining they can be.

5850407159_538bbd3cd6.jpg

20 years later, that little boy is gonna go

template.jpg

Haha. I read like maybe 2 hours everyday. Bryan Peterson, Michael freeman, shutterbug, digital photography etc. Haha.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Anyone knows anyone who would do walkabouts during office hours. Haha.

Actually, sounds like you are very free when everyone else are busy. May I suggest that you master post production skills while in office as landscape requires quite a fair bit of that skill.

Actually, sounds like you are very free when everyone else are busy. May I suggest that you master post production skills while in office as landscape requires quite a fair bit of that skill.

maybe he owns the company ~~

I want to take sunrise and sunsets yet for Sun rise, waking up early is fine but need to feed my little one. By the time i rush to location will be late. Then need to fetch my 2 others to school then wife to work so can't.

Depending on the time that your "domestic duty" starts, you may consider photographing the twilight portion of sunrise (i.e. around 6.15am to 7am) at location near your home.

Else try night landscape photography including those where one does long exposure coupled with light painting after all you have completed all domestic duty.

Lastly, consider "still life photography".