Front Line - Made in Singapore show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is "possible" to make a bomb using PE and motherboard, but WHY I wouldn't hazard to guess.

However I was darn p!ss off when I hear this guy report that there 1-2 KILOGRAM of explosive. Come on :cry: now people will think that not only Singapore is a small country, even our SAF train with small amount of explosive. :(

I captured the episode on the computer, had to rewind and confirm he ACTUALLY said TWO KILOGRAM. :confused:

BTW, TNT comes in boxes of 20kg, you know how big a 10kg bag of rice is right?

Originally posted by Winston
This show is to win public confidence in the SAF and the ISD and convincing them the Singapore Government is ready to fight terrorism.

So they protray the SAF like very smart and the terrorists like dumb ass.

Politcal rite? u dun want ISD close down club snap??

Originally posted by skyflash
It also depend on the density, right? I thought TNT is a lot more denser than rice. :)

that's for PE and TNT blocks, they also come in the form of "flakes" in 4 kg (if memory serves, box of 20kg contains 4 or 5 bags lah) bags, look like yellow lemonade crystal :D

Different form different purpose.

Actually that yellow block of thing shown in the show really would have weighed around 2kg, so there they are accurate. Only thing is 2kg TNT is only good enough for making a bang to wake up sleepy solders :bsmilie:

Heh! For those who missed the show.....
:D

Oh no... not another bomb!?!?
PDVD_1.jpg

Wow! This is really tough now... where do I start? Its a state of the art Intel (tm) controlled wire less cum timer controlled explosive device. Even the cpu is hidden and it runs on virtual power! Damn!
PDVD_2.jpg

Let's see now... should I cut the red wire or... the RED wire!?? OK I will pick this....
PDVD_3.jpg

Oops... there's 2 wires... I better cut the other as well... just in case. KS a bit lah!
PDVD_4.jpg

There! Its both cut and I AM STILL ALIVE! Mwahahahaha!
PDVD_5.jpg

I better tape the connection in case kenna static....
PDVD_6.jpg

OK, slowly pull out ah.....
PDVD_7.jpg

Eh... easy lah!
PDVD_8.jpg

Heng ah! I forgot to wear gloves leh!
PDVD_9.jpg

Better don't litter ah... Scarly kenna fine... Put inside this super strong bomb disposal energy dispersion container.
PDVD_10.jpg

Close the lid tight ah! No lah... look like ammo box only mah.....
PDVD_11.jpg

gee that's funny, your commentary funnier than the show! :)

BUT, the guy in the show must be one of those poor "volunteers" from the SAF, at least his drill is correct, didn't seah suay lah.

To join and tape the end of the detonator wires, this is a VERY IMPORTANT procedure, one which can KILL you faster than any terrorist. Because if left OPEN (i.e. unjoined) the two wires basically act as an antennae. If there is a strong enough radio source nearby, such as signal set or mobile phone, the antennae will create enough current to activate the detonator. Boom, there goes our volunteer, and quite a few careless SAF soldiers ([pray] may they RIP).

The pros will appreciate it, GOOD JOB WHOEVER YOU ARE! The only cock-up (and clearly the director decided to defer realism to viewer entertainment) is the darn detonator should be embedded inside the "block", but of course it will be so hard to impress all the viewing ah kong, ah sor, ah mah, etc etc... "eh what is he doing ar? two red wire coming out of this yarlow block oso must cut so slorly meh?"

Keep the detonator in the ammo box, is for prevention of dropping and knocking. Very authentic, even SAF black tape also used the real stuff, what more have you got to complain about!? :D :D :D

oh and wear gloves how to do this kind of work?

Originally posted by hwchoy

BUT, the guy in the show must be one of those poor "volunteers" from the SAF, at least his drill is correct, didn't seah suay lah.

To join and tape the end of the detonator wires, this is a VERY IMPORTANT procedure, one which can KILL you faster than any terrorist. Because if left OPEN (i.e. unjoined) the two wires basically act as an antennae. If there is a strong enough radio source nearby, such as signal set or mobile phone, the antennae will create enough current to activate the detonator. Boom, there goes our volunteer, and quite a few careless SAF soldiers ([pray] may they RIP).

The pros will appreciate it, GOOD JOB WHOEVER YOU ARE! The only cock-up (and clearly the director decided to defer realism to viewer entertainment) is the darn detonator should be embedded inside the "block", but of course it will be so hard to impress all the viewing ah kong, ah sor, ah mah, etc etc... "eh what is he doing ar? two red wire coming out of this yarlow block oso must cut so slorly meh?"

Keep the detonator in the ammo box, is for prevention of dropping and knocking. Very authentic, even SAF black tape also used the real stuff, what more have you got to complain about!?

Heh! Good info!:cheers:

Yeah, the tape part is impt. Didn't know they actually used ammo boxes to store detenators. Guess my only gripe is the bomb itself....

The biggest spoof probably came with the EOD personnel din wear glove? I thought they muz wear kelvar gloves or wad otherwise kaboom and bye-bye fingers... :D

Terrorists attacking Singapore. The idea is there, the possibility is very real, but den get it done a little more realistically, not such a lame implementation of it. The terrorists masks looks like the blangala grasscutter's mask... :cry:

Anyway, Evelyn Tan is BEAUTIFUL!!!! :embrass: I'd seen her once with Darren Lim, wad can I say? Perfect Match made in Heaven. :heart: :thumbsup:

Originally posted by hwchoy

Wun lah. The most sign 14 extra... :bsmilie:

I suppose so. If the detonator is embedded inside the block with a timer device, detonator is wired to the PC Reset or Power On button WITH a remote detonation antenna, it might take a long time and all the Ah Kong, Ah Ma, Ah Soh all fall asleep liao... :bsmilie:

Keep the detonator in the ammo box, is for prevention of dropping and knocking. Very authentic, even SAF black tape also used the real stuff, what more have you got to complain about!?

Hmm.. I thought it might be lead boxes or wad. Ammo box looks kinda thin. Afterward detonator go off the ammo box becomes deadly sharpenel. :eek:

Hmm... But if dun wear gloves, Mr Bomb decides to say bye-bye, wun Mr Fingers and Mr Hands say bye-bye with Mr Bomb too? :dunno:

Originally posted by jsbn
The biggest spoof probably came with the EOD personnel din wear glove? I thought they muz wear kelvar gloves or wad otherwise kaboom and bye-bye fingers... :D

I give you 250g TNT, you choose whatever amount of kevlar or whatever glove you want. I kaboom the TNT, you get someone to let me know what is left of you :devil: OK?

Originally posted by jsbn
Wun lah. The most sign 14 extra... :bsmilie:

I suppose so. If the detonator is embedded inside the block with a timer device, detonator is wired to the PC Reset or Power On button WITH a remote detonation antenna, it might take a long time and all the Ah Kong, Ah Ma, Ah Soh all fall asleep liao... :bsmilie:

Hmm.. I thought it might be lead boxes or wad. Ammo box looks kinda thin. Afterward detonator go off the ammo box becomes deadly sharpenel. :eek:

Hmm... But if dun wear gloves, Mr Bomb decides to say bye-bye, wun Mr Fingers and Mr Hands say bye-bye with Mr Bomb too? :dunno:

those "careless" SAF soldiers I am referring to USED TO EXIST, as I said they have now RIP because of some people's carelessness. They sign PERMANENT extras liaoz :(

Like I said, the ammo box is to protect the detonator, NOT the other way around!! Why would a perfectly good detonator explode anyway?

For us, explosives are our friends, treat them with respect and they will serve you well. Mistreat them and your spare parts will become christmas decoration for the trees.

Actually we sometimes wear gloves, to keep our hands clean. When we get up there to handle the sensitive stuff, we take off the gloves. You don't want to have fumbling fingers and you don't want to dirty the little friends (detonator, release clips, booby traps, etc etc). BTW we also do not wear helmet, you want to guess why?

where are all the other engineers hiding huh? busy digging BCP?

Originally posted by FiveIronFrenzy
01XEngineer here keeping his mouth SHUT.:nono:

hey holdfast, not divulging anything sensitive lah, just some education else your compatriot gets poke fun of for doing a good job ;(

interesting to see both side of the stories... in fact multiple side.

make us think through a lot of stuffs.... dun shoot off rubbish unless you know what they are doing...

thanks for the clarification, engineers guys!

By the way, the director for the movie really did his homework... I happen to know him. So think twice before you laugh at people.

Kelvin Tong Column

Status
Not open for further replies.