freelance or professional photographers, need your advise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
arttl said:
It is not a matter of resolution. They can always interpolate the images anytime they want. It is the form of digital file captured in that instance. As for my case, RAW or TIFFs are my best protection.

Jon

So giving clients the resized photos are not protecting the photgraphers rights?

Then maybe i should make a DVD or something for them to see the pictures...

I once had a client, asked me to use his camera, use his laptop, shoot and directly link to his laptop with USB cable, ok, work done, wrote me a cheque, then he pack and went off.

Until today I still not sure whether I have copyright of those photos in the laptop :think:

SianZronG said:
i give them 1024 x 768 res photos. around the sizing of desktops. not really high quality in my standards though.... maybe i should drop it to 800 x 600 or 640 x 480?

1024x768 is more than enough to print a high rez 4R already....
640x480 is a pretty decent size in my opinion. I used to use that size for my website but I realised even that is to big for many screens, so I think even with 640x480 you can still get a decent 3R or 4R.

mattlock said:
1024x768 is more than enough to print a high rez 4R already....
640x480 is a pretty decent size in my opinion. I used to use that size for my website but I realised even that is to big for many screens, so I think even with 640x480 you can still get a decent 3R or 4R.
So, shld we reduce the photosize to 72dpi, 2" x 2"?

I'm thinking of doing that to every single one of my photos for all my shoots. Friend or no friend. Put BIG BIG watermark. If they want my photos.... I SELL THEM....

I suddenly realised that much as I need to fuel my passion (and ego) for photography, I need to fill my stomach too.

There's been too much stuff happening these dayz dat opened my eyes. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.