Free Photo Shoot ? anything to be wary ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
forgot to put in the phone number of the company, for those of you who want to block it. here it is: 65363716

do we have a service that blocks such numbers from intruding into our life? *apart from listing your number as a silent number via the telco*

the Australian federal government has some nationwide program to register yourself against such calls (Do Not Call). was wondering if such a service does exist in Singapore. saves us the time of having to pick up calls from cold sellers.

just got a call from one of them (didn't catch the company name though). and when i told him i am not inte.rested, he still had the cheek to ask me "why not?". told him i am late for a meeting & have no time to explain to him why i am not interested.
reply him, "hey i've got a nice magnetic mattress to sell you along with magnetic blankets and pillows and insoles. Are you interested? No? Why not? Come on, we can meet up to have a chat and I'll share with you some knowledge I've picked up" :bsmilie:

reply him, "hey i've got a nice magnetic mattress to sell you along with magnetic blankets and pillows and insoles. Are you interested? No? Why not? Come on, we can meet up to have a chat and I'll share with you some knowledge I've picked up" :bsmilie:

Haha nice one. :thumbsup::bsmilie:Turn around use their tactic and logic to shoot them back.

Or simply if they say "why not" I'll ask "why should I". See how they respond.

Or I'll say "sorry I'll be flying off to Madrid for a fashion show shoot that day... oh hey why not you be my model? I've... blah blah blah" :bsmilie:

Hey Guys,

I was unlucky and dumb enough to actually go to Snapz. I went on May 2007 with a voucher for a free makeover, saying i can have 2 pics to take home. When I got there, it was like a guided tour, with one of their consultant bringing me around, telling me that they don't entertain walk-ins, blah blah. The makeup was not fantastic at all, on the contrary, it was pretty bad. The costumes were ugly, and extremely huge. The guy kept reminding me that there's a separate set for VIP. The photographs were so so.

After everything was done, it was hard sell time. It seemed attractive, they told me that I got to have a makeover every year, corporate pic taken yearly and that I can ask their photographers to come to my event every 3 years. Just by paying $2k plus in 2 years for a lifetime membership through monthly installments. Then there was the commission if ppl I intro-ed sign up and also that I can work part time for them.

After that the ugly thing came. I could only use the services only after half of the fee has been paid. And on top of that, I was not able to get the 2 free pics until I have paid half of the fee!!! When I told them that I was in a financial problem and unable to pay them and would like to cancel my membership, they told me its not cancellable, and instead asked me to work for them to pay them off!!! I was so pissed!! It happened twice. And last month, they actually sent me a letter, demanding $1000 over from me, saying that the guy will drop by my place cos he's around the area. When I called to explain my problem, again he asked if he could help me find a way to pay them back, like working for them!! Ridiculous!!! It's like forcing ppl to work. And other then the free session that I was promised, I have never used any of their other services!!!!

When 3 of my friends went for their free trail as well, they declined signing as member and the attitude of the ppl at Snapz totally changed and became very rude!!

So, anyone else deciding to go there, even for a free trail, don't bother. Either you are really determind at saying no, if not will end up like me.....Sian....

:) also got call me several time.. and I always insist that I bring along my pet for the shoot. When they askz.. "What pet?" .. I told them pet camel.. they put down the phone....:bsmilie:

when you partake any survey, you list down your monthly income, so some companies will collect all these data and sell it.

anyway, this type of so call "private studio", only target to those they qualify as "a Robert willing to spend" to be their victims.
don't think they go by income or profession...because i always reply to surveys as "student", or "unemployed for last 2 years"

somehow i still get calls from them as well.

i just asked them which shop they're calling from, and when they say "Snapz", I said "Oh, that scam shop ah..I heard alot of bad things about you and your hardselling."

they usually hang up without even saying "bye" or "thank you for your precious time that i've just wasted and you will never get back in the hopes of making a quick buck from you"

Must really tell ppl to stay away from such places. I have learnt my lesson and can only hope that they stop asking me to pay them for something I don't want and have not been using. I don't even want to ask them to refund my initial payment.
But I am genuinely upset when they susgested that I work for them to pay them back. For one, there is no such statement in the contract signed. And it's like forcing ppl into working for them for free. My friends were so angry when they heard it.
Seriously considering on going to CASE if they persist.
Anyone knows any others in something similar to what I'm in?

sorry to hear this.
you should go to tell more people about this....

btw, hope our in house lawyer will come and advise you about the legal issue.

Must really tell ppl to stay away from such places. I have learnt my lesson and can only hope that they stop asking me to pay them for something I don't want and have not been using. I don't even want to ask them to refund my initial payment.
But I am genuinely upset when they susgested that I work for them to pay them back. For one, there is no such statement in the contract signed. And it's like forcing ppl into working for them for free. My friends were so angry when they heard it.

Honestly it sounds like blatant extortion. Talk to CASE.

Is this still a current ongoing problem? If so and if you need legal assistance to get out of this problem, do let me know. This will be FOC as I enjoy bullying the bullies who love to prey on the innocent.

Drop me an email at vince1231234 at Yahoo.com dot sg.

Make sure you keep all documents they have sent to you or signed with you. Things like the contract, their letter of demand etc. Any emails or sms should be kept too.

Hey Guys,

I was unlucky and dumb enough to actually go to Snapz. I went on May 2007 with a voucher for a free makeover, saying i can have 2 pics to take home. When I got there, it was like a guided tour, with one of their consultant bringing me around, telling me that they don't entertain walk-ins, blah blah. The makeup was not fantastic at all, on the contrary, it was pretty bad. The costumes were ugly, and extremely huge. The guy kept reminding me that there's a separate set for VIP. The photographs were so so.

After everything was done, it was hard sell time. It seemed attractive, they told me that I got to have a makeover every year, corporate pic taken yearly and that I can ask their photographers to come to my event every 3 years. Just by paying $2k plus in 2 years for a lifetime membership through monthly installments. Then there was the commission if ppl I intro-ed sign up and also that I can work part time for them.

After that the ugly thing came. I could only use the services only after half of the fee has been paid. And on top of that, I was not able to get the 2 free pics until I have paid half of the fee!!! When I told them that I was in a financial problem and unable to pay them and would like to cancel my membership, they told me its not cancellable, and instead asked me to work for them to pay them off!!! I was so pissed!! It happened twice. And last month, they actually sent me a letter, demanding $1000 over from me, saying that the guy will drop by my place cos he's around the area. When I called to explain my problem, again he asked if he could help me find a way to pay them back, like working for them!! Ridiculous!!! It's like forcing ppl to work. And other then the free session that I was promised, I have never used any of their other services!!!!

When 3 of my friends went for their free trail as well, they declined signing as member and the attitude of the ppl at Snapz totally changed and became very rude!!

So, anyone else deciding to go there, even for a free trail, don't bother. Either you are really determind at saying no, if not will end up like me.....Sian....

Hi guys!!
Thanks a lot for your advice!! To Vince, if anything come up again, will ask for your advice. :) The most recent was the letter saying the person will come to my place to collect the 1k from me. It was abt a week before CNY. I told the person that I want to cancel. After a while, the guy said he will look into it but have not gotten back to me.
I called CASE for advice, and they told me that I could try to bring it up, but in terms of the money Snapz is asking for, I might have to compromise a bit. Really don't want to, cos if I have to pay anymore, I will be paying for nothing.

did you

sign anything?

you never mentioned if you did.. if you never sign anything.. what proof do they have of any agreement for you to pay money? they ahve no legal power, just boh chup them

lagi best, if you work for them what they make you do

need to make some students pretend pretend turn up in somebody's place and then very free, go and work for them and create havoc :bsmilie:

That's the problem. I did sign for the package. But not long after I signed. I was sacked from my job and even now, I do not have a stable income to pay them monthly. That's why I requested to cancel it. But all 3 times that i talked to them about it, they asked me to work for them to pay them back, which I find really unreasonable. And frankly to say, I do not want to scam others into signing package with them and ended up like me.

That's the problem. I did sign for the package. But not long after I signed. I was sacked from my job and even now, I do not have a stable income to pay them monthly. That's why I requested to cancel it. But all 3 times that i talked to them about it, they asked me to work for them to pay them back, which I find really unreasonable. And frankly to say, I do not want to scam others into signing package with them and ended up like me.
wa, if you signed then that's very different story already

milk has been spilt, will not add on to your misery by chiding or reprimanding you for not finding out prices first

i'm sure you could find out how to settle this problem, especially if they have not produced anything to warrant payment

wa, if you signed then that's very different story already

milk has been spilt, will not add on to your misery by chiding or reprimanding you for not finding out prices first

i'm sure you could find out how to settle this problem, especially if they have not produced anything to warrant payment

Hai, I know. Can only say that I am too easily swayed. It's only after my friends went as well, then I realise that they are not as good or nice as they sound like. And I really hate how they keep asking me to work for them to pay them.

Status
Not open for further replies.