Free Holiday Trip overseas for 7 days 7 nights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my version of those stupid telemarketeers:

"Hi, is this Mr. xxx?"
"Yes, speaking?"
"You've won a free ticket to xxx, remember fill up your name in a lucky draw at xxx, now you are lucky picked by us"
"got meh, never been there leh?"
"anyway, you've won. To collect your prize, you will have to come down to a seminar at our office at [date] [time]".
"if you are sincere, can you deliver the prize to my house"
"we are sincere but you need to come down for the seminar first"
"but i am disable with no legs, can you sent $50 to my house so that i can take a cab there, i really am sincere to go"
"Bye"
"Ch -- Byyyyy"

Why not you get the mobile number of the pest who calls you, saying that your friends are also interested, so you'll need to call him back for confirmation of the number of attendees?

Once you got the number, you know what to do right? Bombard that guy with so much calls about him winning a car... But don't just enjoy yourself... share with your friends so they can call him too! :devil:

I found it sometimes quite annoying walking down Orchard Rd with all these surveys. Specially when I am in bad mood.

Attended their so called 75 mins seminar out of curiocity. 30 mins later the salesperson let me out early cause asking to many questions? :D

Neo said:
Why not you get the mobile number of the pest who calls you, saying that your friends are also interested, so you'll need to call him back for confirmation of the number of attendees?

Once you got the number, you know what to do right? Bombard that guy with so much calls about him winning a car... But don't just enjoy yourself... share with your friends so they can call him too! :devil:

i have better things to do than wasting time.

did anyone receive call from Singtel? the call was about as a loyalty customer, i was entitled cheaper subscription, more sms, more outgoing free and blah blah blah. Then during my birthday they also called. asking me if i receive any vouchers.

each year they dunno call me how many times and i asked them not to call me again. such a pain in the a55.

does singtel got anything better to do? I only belive in cash !!! send me cash !!!

copland said:
They are rather active in the scotts/lucky plaza area. They target couples.

Same tactic... answer some simple qns and say that you won the 1st prize. They even give you the very excited enthusiasm when they tell you you've won. Went to the 'office' which is near the scotts area. Found out its a time share and got myself out of it by telling them I had another appt in half an hour (They require you to stay for an hour before you get the prize).

Now when I am in the area and these people approach me for 'survey', I just ignore them.

Yah, she puts on a fake "oooohh...you've won first prize"....her joy was so fake I didn't think anyone would believe her.

I just said "yeah yeah"...
She says "Got trip to blah blah blah"...
Me : "Not interested"
She : Why ? its free.
Me : My job already requires me to fly around and stay in business hotels around the world for free. Why would I care about one more free trip ?

She was stunned. Bet she never rehearsed an answer for that line.

benedium said:
I just feel sad that young people like students end up with part or full time jobs like this... and have to lie and pretend to us just to earn a few bucks.

Yes, I have seen students in school uniform doing survery at Orchard on a weekday morning!!

Definitely they skipped school to work as surveyer, and they don't even bother to change their uniform, still wanted to bug me to fill up the survey, wanted to take a picture and send to their school already.

I came across this anti-telemarketing counterscript on the Internet during one of my surfing sojourns :p
Check it out http://www.xs4all.nl/~egbg/counterscript.html

I've never been approached by these potential surveyors before :p I guess they don't bother too much bout the younger "look-ive-got-an-empty-wallet" kinda fellas..haha..ahh well, have a good day mates :)

offstone said:
The police came a while and we managed to leave after we explained to the officers.

U mean they know that u called the police but they still dun let you off until the police came??

ckiang said:
There is. Some time ago, there's this VISA promo, where you can use a $50 and above VISA receipt to exchange for a Delifrance meal. I did, and got it, no strings attached. Really free. :D

Regards
CK

Watch out. CK may be the owner/promotor for Delifrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.