FORMULA 1 ING TURKISH GRAND PRIX - [5th to 7th June 2009]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey that seem to be McLiaren strategy - can't win front, so fight for last place .... Lewis is doing great job of beating Force India for back marker at grid. Didn't even need to crash his car.

maybe PS has a fetish for rear ends. :bsmilie:

Made a mistake about McLiaren -- they sandwiched Force India's Sutil for grid position. Other Force India car by Fis is second last. So McLiaren not successful to be back marker yet.

Car weights are out! Vettel running lighter than the Brawns.

1. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 649.5
2. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 655.5
3. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 652.5
4. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 656
5. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 652
6. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 658
7. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 654
8. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 644.5
9. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 660
10. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 664
11. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 681.5
12. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 680.4
13. Timo Glock, Toyota, 689
14. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 665
15. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 668.5
16. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 696.5
17. Nelson Piquet, Renault, 689.6
18. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 686.5
19. Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India, 688.5
20. Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso, 701

Vettel is running only a few KGs lighter than the brawns. It used to be that he had to put in only a few laps worth of race fuel to be able to challenge for pole. Does this mean the red bull has improved?

Guess so. Webber, with a heavier car, qualified ahead of Massa too. So the new rear-end package is reaping benefits.

Barrichello has retired, marking Brawn GP's first retirement of the season. Button looks stable in P1 with the Red Bulls of Webber and Vettel set to finish in a 2-3.

2dab1bq.jpg

a bit xian ah....always one man show...:(

haha.. true.. its back to the Schumacher-Ferrari era. It would be interesting to know why Barrichello retired though..

purposely? coz not happy the team never let him win...

cannot be la.. later the team kena penalised. Rubens is too much of a lao jiao for this to happen.

maybe thats what his intention, u don't let me win, we die together, since he is old already, participating in next season is a ???.....

Great win for Button .... v good overtake on first lap at turn 10 but that is more of Vettel's fault.

As for Barrichello ... what the heck happened... he can't start well and even then he lost it all by trying to go on the inside (twice) when he is too far out... what a clown!!! Shows the kind of character he is.... no patience and easily frustrated.

Overall poor outing for Brawn due largely to Barrichello's poor performance. Only saving move by the team was to retire Barrichello early to save the car for next race.

Also great 2-3 by Red Bull ... great drive by both Webber and Vettel. But I am surprised the team decided to change Vettel to 3-stop... that gave Webber advantage. Bad decision by someone in the team.

As for Ferrari ... what a bid disappointment. Not even up to 3-4 position.

Toyota is doing well ... at least they are no 4 with Trulli.

McLiaren .... lost again ... think they have more or less given up for this season. Concentrate on building car for next season. As for Lewis he did well to pass Kovalenien and the 2 Force India cars. Otherwise he should enjoy the scenery from the back marker position for the rest of the season.

One more top win by Button and he would more than likely be the champion for this season.

BRAWN GP!!!!!

Last edited:
Great win for Button .... v good overtake on first lap at turn 10 but that is more of Vettel's fault.

As for Barrichello ... what the heck he can't start well and even then he lost it all by trying to go on the inside (twice) when he is too far out... what a clown!!! Shows the kind of character he is.... no patience and easily frustrated.

din watch the race.. wasted.

Also great 2-3 by Red Bull ... great drive by both Webber and Vettel. But I am surprised the team decided to change Vettel to 3-stop... that gave Webber advantage. Bad decision by someone in the team.

ya. i'm surprised that someone gave the advantage to Webber..

As for Ferrari ... what a bid disappointment. Not even up to 3-4 position.

i think Ferrari still finding their feet with the improved F60. Maybe Stefano D. din give Kimi Magnum before the race. :think:

McLiaren .... lost again ... think they have more or less given up for this season. Concentrate on building car for next season. As for Lewis he did well to pass Kovalenien and the 2 Force India cars. Otherwise he should enjoy the scenary from the back marker position for the rest of the season.

i'ld be surprised if Martin Whitmarsh says they are still fighting for this season. Its already long gone to hell.

One more top win by Button he would more than likely be the champion for this season.

not too sure leh.. Never bother to compute the points. But Jenson is looking more and more likely to be the No. 1 car next season.

Ok, by this point I can safely say this is the year of the Button!

Button is by far the most athletic/fittest driver on the grid, driving the most competitive car, orchestrated by the best strategist of a team boss, a hard combination to beat I'd say.

Vettel painfully realized that there's just no short cut to experience. Was a little too kanchiong at the first turn, which affected his team's decision to disastrously switch him to 3 stops. Are these guys talking too much with the Ferrari guys??

Massa did what he had to do, and the team didn't screw up anything notable.

Kimi, well, screwed it up at the first turn, and his "why bother" mode auto-activated. He didn't even bother defending Pork Slice' take over bid. I guess no icecream for him.

All in all, besides that short dogfight between Button and Vettel, it was a thoroughly forgettable race.

Status
Not open for further replies.