FORMULA 1™ Gran Premio d'Italia 2007. (9 Sep.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alamak la Kimi! :confused:

Kimi's on the spare car, probably with a very generic setup. It's now up to the pitstop+tyre strategy.

Massa's never known for his overtaking moves, so I doubt he can overtake Hamilton during the start despite being on the clean side of the track.

The pressure's staggering for Ferrari to save face in front of its tifosis, and McLaren's all out to rub it in. Gonna be a good race tomorrow! :thumbsup:

Star Sports has got at least one thing right. They've got Paula Malai Ali.
Man, she is HOT :bigeyes: and she is so comfortable in front of the camera as if she is in her living room. Keep going Paula. :thumbsup:

On to racing matters, well what's there to say ? McLaren is out to rub it in. They've taken the battle right into the hearts of the Tifosi.

Here are some pictures of the Monza track for your viewing pleasure.

1. Cars will line up on the track here...

1349697061_5711173d76_o.jpg

2. We know the McLarens will start from here...

1350587244_9a39c56838_o.jpg

3. Wonder who will finish there ...

1349696365_a7b8aca687_o.jpg

Only 2 minutes of happiness for us Ferrari fans. There was a flicker of hope that with some super strategy, Ferrari might pull off a blinder. I really thought with Kimi driving a good race, he could be on the top step of the podium.

The order is more or less decided now. 8 more laps and we will see McLaren spraying champagne on the Tifosi.

I miss Schumi. Ferrai has been bogged with problems ever since he quit.

Kimi could only split the Mclarens for a while. Lewis' fighting spirit is superb!

I miss Schumi. Ferrai has been bogged with problems ever since he quit.

Not only that. Ross Brawn left too and chief engineer sacked and the spying.

Ferrari was just out of luck and out classed this weekend.

Not only that. Ross Brawn left too and chief engineer sacked and the spying.

Ferrari was just out of luck and out classed this weekend.

You are right. Part of Schumi's success lied with the genius of Ross Brawn.
Even Jean Todt's blank face showed some frustration today when Massa retired.

Alonso's body language wasn't too positive today. Something is bothering him for sure. Either he is unfortunately getting dragged into the spy scandal or he is bothered by the intense rivalry between him and Hamilton. I am quite certain he will move out of McLaren at the end of this season.

Alonso's body language wasn't too positive today. Something is bothering him for sure. Either he is unfortunately getting dragged into the spy scandal or he is bothered by the intense rivalry between him and Hamilton. I am quite certain he will move out of McLaren at the end of this season.

Agreed bro, it would take a drastic twist in the plot for him to stay on.

Being an outspoken person, a lot of people accuse Alonso of being a whiner, a non team player etc etc. But it is through this season and how he soaked up the poison from Smiling Snake Hamilton that his true capabilities shone. I've become an Alonso fan somewhat.

That said, it'd be mighty interesting to see Alonso coming to the stables of the Scuderia.

Agreed bro, it would take a drastic twist in the plot for him to stay on.

Being an outspoken person, a lot of people accuse Alonso of being a whiner, a non team player etc etc. But it is through this season and how he soaked up the poison from Smiling Snake Hamilton that his true capabilities shone. I've become an Alonso fan somewhat.

That said, it'd be mighty interesting to see Alonso coming to the stables of the Scuderia.

ha ha. you are another person who thinks that Hamilton is not that innocent as he looks :bsmilie:

at the beginning of the season, everyone was blown away by the performance of this rookie driver. he is a good driver - no doubt about that, but he is also a carefully 'groomed' driver too. he knows the art and craft of playing to the media. his every move is well thought of, planned and choreographed and executed in style. he is the tiger woods of formula1.

i still feel Alonso is self-centred, but then who isn't ? true, this might be the most difficult year of his career so far. Let him win 2 more championships and mature a bit more, then I'll become his fan too :bsmilie:

Alonso coming to Ferrari ? No way. Not for the next 2 years at least. Not until Massa and Kimi screw up terribly. The iceman is slowly melting. He showed his mettle in driving in the team's spare car, do a 1 stop strategy, conserve his tyres etc. and still finish on the podium. Alonso most certainly will go to Renault, as Fisi's place is quite unsure in the team. I read somewhere that he might be considering retirement. What rubbish !!! If he can't stand this much pressure, he shouldn't have got into Formula1. Look at Ron Dennis. The guy enjoys being in the sport - controversies or not.

Ferrari has to get its act together for 2008. This year belongs to McLaren, unless the FIA does something drastic and stupid.

So sad.....:cry: Ferrari had quite an unlucky weekend in Italy with their car problems. Well hope they can solve whatever problems they have and come back much stronger for the next race. There is still the championship to win!:D

Interesting point to note: Up till Monza, Hamilton has 92 points and Kimi has 74. If Kimi were to win all the rest of the 4 GPs, he will have accumulated 114 points and all Hamilton has to do is to get a podium finish each time and Kimi will not win the championship. (24 points from four third places will put Hanilton at 116 points)

Given McLaren's reliability record, Kimi has to pray for DNF or non podium finishes from the McLaren Drivers to have any chance at the Championship.

congratulations to the McLaren fans here. the cars were simple too fast for the scarlet reds.

that aside, i'm looking forward to the espionage saga and its revelations. personally, i felt that boss Ron Dennis is not as honest as he mentioned he is. if he's all honesty and transparent, then the team wouldn't be fined for the gearbox thingy. i still think the Ferrari dosier help the team in a way or another.

call me sour grapes... but i don't care lah. it's the silly season in full swing anyway :thumbsup:

I don't think there was any dishonesty involved in the lightweight gearbox thingy. Mclaren disclosed it to FIA themselves. They were fined because they had used it without it having gone through crash testing. In any case it passed the crash test.

Alonso will stay at Maclaren..he said liao..not much choice ..he just wants a winning car..which Renault can't give him.

The shitty thing about star sports is the many commercials DURING the race and commercials RIGHT AFTER the race where the drivers go thru slowing down lap+podium etc.
Else Steve Slater is a damn good commentator!

Yes,..Paula is HOT!

Alonso will stay at Maclaren..he said liao..not much choice ..he just wants a winning car..which Renault can't give him.

The shitty thing about star sports is the many commercials DURING the race and commercials RIGHT AFTER the race where the drivers go thru slowing down lap+podium etc.
Else Steve Slater is a damn good commentator!

Yes,..Paula is HOT!

i agree with you that Steve Slater is good at commenting. sometimes, he can be witty... and sometimes, he gets the drivers all wrong. for technical commentary, Chris Goodwin is good. haven't heard him for a few races liao.

and i also agree on the too many commercials during each race.

Status
Not open for further replies.