Food Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
imho, cold/chilled drinks are also very tedious things to shoot! have to get the 'frosting' just nice...wait too long and it start to 'sweat' liao :bsmilie:

for those 'time-sensitive' food, probably a good idea to prepare 2 sets. 1 to set the angle and lighting right .. the 2nd to quickly replace and shoot. either that, or add in the 'time-sensitive' ingredient right at the last minute before shooting.

again, many ways to get ard the problem..hey, nobody ever said food photography is boring or easy yea? too bad i'm not much of a foodie myself..

scud said:
aiyo, why there is headache?
there is lightmeter. every studio photography has it.
u just need to know how to do arrangement or presentation of the food.
the rest leave it to lightmeter.

heh... sometimes i dun trust the lightmeter also.... lol.... hahaha... okok.. 2molo we see how is it la... if i get the job, after the shoot, i will let u guys see the portfolio... nt online la.. we meet and share comments... lol...

Stereobox said:
imho, cold/chilled drinks are also very tedious things to shoot! have to get the 'frosting' just nice...wait too long and it start to 'sweat' liao :bsmilie:

for those 'time-sensitive' food, probably a good idea to prepare 2 sets. 1 to set the angle and lighting right .. the 2nd to quickly replace and shoot. either that, or add in the 'time-sensitive' ingredient right at the last minute before shooting.

again, many ways to get ard the problem..hey, nobody ever said food photography is boring or easy yea? too bad i'm not much of a foodie myself..
u are right, getting the settings correct and once confirm, bring out the 'time sensitive product' and shoot.

glennyong said:
heh... sometimes i dun trust the lightmeter also.... lol.... hahaha... okok.. 2molo we see how is it la... if i get the job, after the shoot, i will let u guys see the portfolio... nt online la.. we meet and share comments... lol...
but there are times where u need to rely on them. :sweatsm:

scud said:
but there are times where u need to rely on them. :sweatsm:

i dun use a lightmeter at all.

only during the times when i shot with films... but that was oh... so long ago...

not all studios use lightmeter, by the way.

if u're experienced enough, from the first few trial shots u should be able to adjust the lightings accordingly.

i correct myself. if u're good enough and understand lighting conditions, u should be able to adjust the carious lighting conditions accordingly. u dun need to be experienced enough...

Cheesecake said:
i dun use a lightmeter at all.

only during the times when i shot with films... but that was oh... so long ago...

not all studios use lightmeter, by the way.

if u're experienced enough, from the first few trial shots u should be able to adjust the lightings accordingly.
for experience photog doing product shoot, u will know what kinda setting u normally use. but for 1st timer, at least u have something to fall back to.
good luck glenn.

scud said:
for experience photog doing product shoot, u will know what kinda setting u normally use. but for 1st timer, at least u have something to fall back to.
good luck glenn.

there's normally a fixed shutter and aperture setting. along with a fixed ISO and white balance(Daylight for me) setting too.

good luck glenn, all the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.