Flights from SG to TW

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya cathay is around 460 with tax included. if u go Eva 300 is before tax. after tax is 588.

Hmm if its as good as the rest say, I dont mind paying 588. One question though, does Eva allow you to pick your seats like SQ/Qantas/CP? I like to have my seats secured without having to worry about checking in early and all that.

why not take sq instead?
$608 promo for 2 to go :)

Hmm if its as good as the rest say, I dont mind paying 588. One question though, does Eva allow you to pick your seats like SQ/Qantas/CP? I like to have my seats secured without having to worry about checking in early and all that.

Because SQ doesn't use A330 planes. They use 777s or something which has 3 seats at the window. I like those planes which have 2 seats at the window. I like the window seat, but I don't like having to fight through 2 people to get to the washroom.

why not take sq instead?
$608 promo for 2 to go :)

Yup I know, but the chances of getting those rows isn't that high mah.

Btw, anyone knows of any hotel recommendation near sogo/worldtrade center area? Im trying to find one near that area and near/at MRT. :)

Oh another question - does anyone know if Eva Air allows seat confirmation at the point of purchase? I don't fancy having to check in early just to get seats that I like.

Hi Vince,

Airlines / Ticketing
Most airlines allow you to perform seat selection if you are their frequent flyer...... Soem with more advanced Internet direct purchase (Like SQ, Jetstar) allow seat confirmation on purchase of the tix. I'd suggest that you log on to the website to find out ?

So far, what I do know is that Jetstar, SIA, EVA Air and China Airlines have direct flights to/from Taipei. See of United Airlines/Northwest have stopovers there from US to Singapore. Not too sure with all the changes in the scheduling of flights from the downturn.

EVA Air is a Taiwan carrier related to the Evergreen Shipping Group. Definitely safer than C**** Airlines which has had it's share of unfortunate incidents. Yeah, the Economy Deluxe seats were even ahead of SQ's exec economy on the A340 which no longer exists....

Hotels
The one nearest is the Grand Hyatt which is right next door to the WTC and also the Taipei 101. Pretty cool to stay there but prices quite steep.

If you don't mind a short walk from the Taipei 101/WTC/Sogo area across from the Sun Yat Sen Memorial, there's a hotel called United Hotel at the corner diagonally opposite the SYS Memorial which is more reasonable. 4 star, not so much frills, but pretty good. Even have a Men's Sauna on the top floor (16th floor I think but they skip 4th and 14th so go figure) with full length glass windows WITHOUT curtains or blinds and shower points OPPOSITE the sauna. Never quite got that one figured out but.... hahaa ... Sounds exhibitionistic. ;)

And oh, it's right about 50m from the nearest MRT entrance "Sun Yat Sen Station". Google the place and you might have some pix....

Hi iamwurm,

Thanks so much for your helpful input. The reason I asked about EvaAir because I cannot tell whether they allow seat confirmation BEFORE I had to enter credit card details. By the time I enter, it will be too late to back out?

Also, the last time I tried, there was no Economy Deluxe though, at least from the website. Not sure if I did something wrong.

Hi iamwurm,

Thanks so much for your helpful input. The reason I asked about EvaAir because I cannot tell whether they allow seat confirmation BEFORE I had to enter credit card details. By the time I enter, it will be too late to back out?

Also, the last time I tried, there was no Economy Deluxe though, at least from the website. Not sure if I did something wrong.

Ah, I see. My bad. I havent booked EVA Air online myself, just via company travel agent.... I travelled on Eva Air from Taipei to Seoul just earlier this year in Jan but now thinking back, yeah, there wasnt any econ deluxe seats too. Wondering if they removed it like SIA removed the Exec Econ class from the A340 in lieu of biz class.....

BTW, it's ianwurn... Thanks hor. I'd rather not get eaten by the boirds. :D lol. Or was that an intentional dig ? Heh heh heh.... :confused:

Hahah sorry didn't realise :p it just struck me as "i am worm" hahah :)

Hi everyone again, I just had this rather unsettling encounter with Eva Air.

I had already booked and confirmed the flights to and from TW with seat numbers confirmed and assigned.

They just told me that my return flight has changed from an A330 to a Boeing 747. As stated earlier, I'm only wanting to fly an A330 cos of the two seat thingy at the window side.

Hence, I now have a problem and am considering these options:

1. Changing flight dates (they said they will check and get back to me).
2. Any grounds to demand for a two seater (I know there are very limited numbers in the Boeing) or even upgrade to business?
3. Changing airlines altogether - in such a case, anyone has any other recommendations on good airlines flying to TW whcih use A330?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.