Flashaholics/Torchlights hobbyists discussion thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know where to get cheap CR123As?

+evenstar said:
EastGear...$28 for 10pcs

they have stock now ? last time i went which was couple of months back, out of stock

Very new here, would appreciate some help.

Where can I get Nuwai or Fenix torches here in Singapore? and how much are they?

What's is so good about the SF A2? What price range?

Waiting for my Pila to arrive......delays and delays :confused:

Anyone know where to get cheap Lithium CR123A with Thermal Control Protection (TCP) ?

Very new here, would appreciate some help.

Where can I get Nuwai or Fenix torches here in Singapore? and how much are they?

What's is so good about the SF A2? What price range?

I own 2 A2, so I will share my experience with you. The A2 is a one of the very few regulated incandescant light around. It is PWM regulated, by applying Pulse-width modulation one the bulb, the A2 will have constant brightness and power thoroughout the batteries runtime, no dimming and no losing of brightness. Next, it has a "soft start" feature, everytime you on the A2 a small current is fed to the bulb initially and then the full current, this will prolong the bulb operation span. The switch is what i loved most about the A2, it is so ingenious, it has 6 stages and 2 brightness level. By just turning the tailcap, you can control the light to 2 brightness level and also set it to the "stage" that most suits you depnding on the situation that you are in. And last but no least, it is Surefire quality, rugged, robust and can really take a beating and with excellent precision. It is so well machined, especially the thread on the tailcap, surefire is not using the usual "V" groove thread which is easy to machine, on the A2. Look carefully on the A2's , it tailcap has a "square" profile, this kind of thread has very small tolerance and so more difficult to make. It is an engineering masterpiece IMO. Holding the A2 in your palm really gives you that SOLID feel.

Oh yes, the A2, being an ingenious light, won't come cheap (S$350-$400). Buy it only if you are really a flashlight geek or if you really thik you absolutely want to have one. :D No doubt it scores 5/5 for my rating, it can be very bright on high and dim on low. And nope, I do not advise you to buy it unless you are very sure you want one. :) (Like why people collect stamps and toys, figurines...etc. you get what I mean?)

Totally agree with Zephirum that the Surefire A2 is an excellent flashlight giving you the best of both worlds in that it has a fully regulated incandescent bulb as well as an LED array (which comes in optional colors of green, yellow-green, red or blue) for close work. I regret having sold my two A2-HA-BKs. :(

By the way, they can be bought for around SGD$200-230 excluding shipping from the US if you search around. ;)

anyone letting go of any surefire torches?
pm me pls...
:)

My bro just got this 3W LED torch from Mustaffa. "Power" brand. It uses 2AA batts and its damn powerful. At least in my opinion cos I've not used those pro ones like Surefire. Sans Surefire, its the most powerful palm sized torch i've seen!

Totally agree with Zephirum that the Surefire A2 is an excellent flashlight giving you the best of both worlds in that it has a fully regulated incandescent bulb as well as an LED array (which comes in optional colors of green, yellow-green, red or blue) for close work. I regret having sold my two A2-HA-BKs. :(

By the way, they can be bought for around SGD$200-230 excluding shipping from the US if you search around. ;)

HAH! I suspect you bought the 2 A2-BK from Supremeco and then sell it? ;) That was a good deal boy!

hi all.. yea i create account here just to post that haha.. i lurk around in CPF more..seldom check this thread..

i saw one member i think pjandyho's thread in spi.com.sg's forum and CPF's den know this forum also got talk about torchligth de..

its great to find one more local forum where we share the same interest..

evenstar.. any luck in selling ur M6? good to see your G2 package finally found an owner ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.