Flash for CP8700

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogcom

Dec 29, 2006
dogcom.petzcentral.com
Hi,
I am pretty much a newbie in digitals. I've actively used film SLR years back, literally stoped taking pictures after I dropped and broke my camera. Recently started using my daughter's compact digital and the interest is revived. Just bought from forummer a CP8700. Please advise on the selectionb of a suitable flash unit. Not too expensive. I like to learn what features to look out for. Thanks in advance:)

I believed that CP8700 shld be connected to most of the nikon speedlights. Below is extract from www.dpreview.com

External flash
• Standard ISO hot-shoe contact with safety lock
• Hotshoe connects to external Nikon Speedlight SB-800/50DX/30/22s; built-in Speedlight can be canceled when using external Speedlight(s)

*Not sure if any other brand speedlight can be used but Nikon sure can. I had used SB-800 on my CP5700 before, work perfectly well.

Thanks for the reply Meerkat.
What's the approx price of your SB-800. So Speedlight is a more professional way to call a Flash?;p Anyone has a retired one to let go at a good price ;p please pm me.

I believed that CP8700 shld be connected to most of the nikon speedlights. Below is extract from www.dpreview.com

External flash
• Standard ISO hot-shoe contact with safety lock
• Hotshoe connects to external Nikon Speedlight SB-800/50DX/30/22s; built-in Speedlight can be canceled when using external Speedlight(s)

*Not sure if any other brand speedlight can be used but Nikon sure can. I had used SB-800 on my CP5700 before, work perfectly well.

No.. Speedlight is just Nikon's way of calling their flashes. Canon calls theirs Speedlite. Don't know about the rest. ;p

Hi Isisaxon,
OK thanks. So would it make one sound silly or something in the photography circle if one were to use the term flash?;p

No.. Speedlight is just Nikon's way of calling their flashes. Canon calls theirs Speedlite. Don't know about the rest. ;p

Hi Isisaxon,
OK thanks. So would it make one sound silly or something in the photography circle if one were to use the term flash?;p
No. Most people still call it flash. ;p

Anyone have a SB-50 or SB80 sitting in the cabinet willing to let it go to a newbie? Preferably with a diffuser. Thanks so much;)

Hi, i'm Michael here. just want to ask u. u got the big flash. those taking in group pic.. u can call me or msg me at 92372421

Status
Not open for further replies.