Flash compatiblity

kaunglay

Dec 29, 2010
anyone here have use tumax DPT386 with olympus e450?
i wanna know is it compatible or not.

Have you googled? Artworkfoto selling. In the future, for better and faster response, please post in the four thirds / micro four thirds subforum, thread moved

i saw that there at artworkfoto.but the compatibility state there is e420. i'm not too sure whether can use on e450 or not.and if ppl out there using that wanna know their experience.:think:

i use the tumax flash. still using it. it is a very good alternative for a cheap flash. however, the best is to get an olympus flash for accurate ttl.
btw i use an e620.

kaunglay said:
i saw that there at artworkfoto.but the compatibility state there is e420. i'm not too sure whether can use on e450 or not.and if ppl out there using that wanna know their experience.:think:

It will be compatible. The E-series (e420, e450, e30, e5) are from the same 4/3s system. So flash units and lenses are compatible across the models. You can find out more in the stickies in this sub-forum.

My personal advice is that you should also consider the flash offerings from Olympus and Metz. The build quality is generally better then the china oems.

I find that the FL20 TTL is not very accurate. But the FL36 and FL50 are OK. I need a small flash of the size like FL20. So is the Tumax OK? I mean what is your user experience? I think I might just pull the trigger on this because it has one thing that the FL20 already does not - an AF assist lamp. That is super-critical when you are shooting in near darkness.