Flash adaptor for Canon-type hot shoe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rovich

Apr 7, 2003
West
rrrovich.fotoclub.ru; http
Hi, jus got a Minolta A1 today:D, and faced the weird (its IMHO, sorry, Minolta users :embrass: ) hot shoe, which cannot take the common for other systems hot shoe, like the one I used for Canon before.

As I am not really willing to get a Minolta system flash, and happy with manual flash I have at the moment, I'd like to ask:

is there any adaptor to use the non-Minolta hot shoe with Minolta?? If yes - any idea where to get and how much I'll pay?

thanx a bunch for any advises :D

Hello,

You can try the flash shoe adapter that converts Minolta Dynax hotshoe to a common hotshoe.Should be FS-1100. It may not work, you've got to try 1st before buying.

vader said:
Hello,

You can try the flash shoe adapter that converts Minolta Dynax hotshoe to a common hotshoe.Should be FS-1100. It may not work, you've got to try 1st before buying.

is this an accesory made by Minolta, or some third party? Anyway - thanx for a lobang:D

rovich said:
is this an accesory made by Minolta, or some third party? Anyway - thanx for a lobang:D

It is from Minolta. Since what you are looking for is manual flash, it might just work. Not sure if the shops are keeping stock though....

frisky said:
It is from Minolta. Since what you are looking for is manual flash, it might just work. Not sure if the shops are keeping stock though....

thanx guys, checked with the shops already - Cathay had one, but out of stock long time. And the price was 50$!! My flash with bounce/rotate head costed me 40, man! Will check - mebe TCW, where I bought my flash, got one adapter at a more humane price:p

My flash with bounce/rotate head costed me 40, man!

So cheap, 40?? :bigeyes: Missing a zero?

[QUOTE/]Missing a zero?[/QUOTE]

no - missing money to throw away to the branded ones. One I have is a 28 guide number flash with manual and 2 auto modes - not much, but its not feeding me, so perfectly fine. And now stuck with none because of this hot shoe incompatibility:p

See if you can get a brand new or 2nd hand 3600HS ($200++?) instead. Anyway, it should not difficult to sell if you happen to change brand.

rovich said:

From what I know, There is no makers for hotshoe adapter which makes minolta hotshoe mount to common hotshoe mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.