First tripod - which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my 1st tripod is Benro C-257 n6. reason being:

- CF is CF, irregardless whether it is manfrotto, gitzo or wat. for all u know, branded brands may also get their CF legs from China!

actually not true, unless you are talking solely on the weight of CF. the plying of the layers are quite different.

but then as you said, nowadays manufacturers are getting more and more dodgy - the whole truth about specifications and origin of manufacture and control are not always that transparent.

Congrats!
What's are specs and how much it cost you?

Specs as below : =)

Gitzo 328 studex tripod Gear column
Max height: 1.69m
Min height: 0.36m
Folded height: 0.6m
Weight: 3.12kg
Max load: 9.0kg
Price : $200 ( used )

Giotto MH 1300-652C Ballhead
Height : 120mm
Diameter :60mm
Weight : 698g
Max load : 20kg

It's rather heavy I reckon but it feels very sturdy using it. I have yet to bring it out yet. I hope I will survive. :sweat:

It's rather heavy I reckon but it feels very sturdy using it. I have yet to bring it out yet. I hope I will survive. :sweat:

Good luck to you. Even with a good padded shoulder strap, I bet your shoulder will sore after carry for 2hrs or so because of camera gear included. :devil:

Good luck to you. Even with a good padded shoulder strap, I bet your shoulder will sore after carry for 2hrs or so because of camera gear included. :devil:

haha ...maybe so ... but up till now I dont't walk far with tripod so guess it's still alright. I have another light one which I can sling around me though. =)

If I were to carry this Gitzo and giotto around then maybe I will just take longer breaks in between lor .. hehe .. planning mah. =)

Thats super heavy. :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.