First Lunar Landing In 37 Years Since 1976

b78p.jpg

20nw.jpg

1tnr.jpg

a0fq.jpg

hrap.jpg

More photos, 嫦娥三号 (Chang'e 3) / 玉兔 (Jade Rabbit) was asleep for the past two weeks.

x77k.jpg

2th5.jpg

High Resolution

1py3.jpg

High Resolution.

玉兔 (Jade Rabbit) resting in peace and tranquillity possibly for eternity at the Mare Imbrium (Sea of Showers) basin between the Le Verrier impact crater and Montes Recti mountain range after being critically frozen at - 200°C to - 150°C when it literally failed to tuck it (much like an origami) properly for sleep mode necessary to survive during the night cycle of 14.77 days.

玉兔 (Jade Rabbit) Official Weibo Feed (Google Translation) said:
January 25, 11:12:

Hello everyone in the morning! I have good news and bad news. The good news is that the Chang'e 3 went to sleep yesterday morning and has successfully began the second moonlight night sleep. The bad news is that my body control abnormal, some structure is not obedient. Was supposed to start this morning to sleep, but now ... masters are hard to think of ways, but I still might not survive the Moonlight it.

January 25, 11:33:

A few days before feeling bad is not how to speak, and we are now able to talk to the results of the time is not much ... although I often tell you we do not laugh at the joke, but in fact is really not easy to do lunar explorers. Able to look at the moon, but also to share with you, I've been very happy. In the near future on the moon will drop to minus 180 ℃. I do not know when can not be repaired, so, let me wish you all a Happy New Year in advance!

January 25, 15:25:

I'm sorry, so sorry we did not give up the ... masters to treat it, I will not give up easily. Well, for everyone to see articles about my article, which I wrote before a master. But the master is very shy, embarrassed to tell you who he is (or may be afraid of everyone that he is not well written ...), entrusted to the king to publish a Nutshell. After reading, I think, a good horror master deconstruction of others like you, oh ...

January 25, 22:36:

Here's the sun has fallen, the temperature dropped so fast. Said today that a lot, but the overall feel is not enough. Tell you a secret, in fact, I do not feel particularly sad. I was just in their own adventure story, and all the actor, as also encountered a little problem: http://t.cn/8FfZlRG Thank you @ POCKN do this picture, reminds me, if she really can not sleep, at least I was finally able to see the complete Earthrise!

---

The bad news is, I had to sleep this morning should begin, but before going to sleep, my body found the master control abnormal, some parts of the body do not listen to their words. Now the masters are hard to find ways to feel not sleep, I heard more and more like their eyes rabbit ... Still, I know that there might not survive the Moonlight it. Before departure, I have had to learn together and lander human lunar history.

Last edited:
Dead rabbit?
Yup, negative on automatically scheduled burst transmission via Ultra-High Frequency (UHF) comms uplink from both Low-Gain Antenna (LGA (omnidirectional)) and High-Gain Antenna (HGA (directional)) to indicate with a confirmation signal that it was awoken successfully either from sleep / stand-by mode or even contingency back-up mode, post-lunar sunrise at the Mare Imbrium (Sea of Showers) basin today.

Last "Weibo tweet" 14.77 days ago was 玉兔 (Jade Rabbit) "appealing" us to "comfort her sister" if worse comes to worst.

玉兔 (Jade Rabbit) Official Weibo Feed (Google Translation) said:
Hi everyone! Today is the 42nd Earth day since I arrived on the moon. I've got some good news, and a piece of bad news. Which would you like to hear first?

The first good news is: After 42 days of hard work, I've rolled over 100 metres across the moon! All the equipment that I've brought along -- ground-penetrating radar, stereo cameras, alpha particle X-ray spectrometer and infrared spectrometer -- have collected lots of useful data... When going on a long trip, it would be such a shame if the equipment you brought along couldn't be put to good use.

The second bit of good news is: the day before yesterday, at dawn, I spoke with the lander over 20 metres away. I did this all by myself, without shi-fu's help, using my UHF antenna! Even though she can't respond, I'm sure she's really happy. Well, what I whispered to her is a secret, so please don't ask me what I told her... ;)

The third piece of good news is: yesterday morning, the lander has fallen asleep, all prepared to welcome the next lunar night.

The bad news is: I should have fallen asleep this morning. But before going to sleep, my shi-fus found an abnormality in my control mechanisms. Some parts of my body aren't listening to my shi-fus. Now, my shi-fus are racking their brains and forgoing sleep, trying to come up with a solution. I hear that their eyes have become as red as a rabbit's.

Even so, I know it's possible that I won't survive the night. Before we set off, the lander and I learned the history of mankind's lunar exploration. In over 130 lunar exploration activities, about half succeeded, and half failed. Some didn't land, some lost contact with Earth after landing, some rovers got lost, and some rovers didn't take their first step. Such is space exploration, as dangerous as it is beautiful. And here I am, a tiny speck in the vast map of space exploration.

This time, I landed together with Third elder sister Chang'E, and sent back so much data. We've completed the mission our shi-fus tasked us with. I hoped to romp around here for three months, and tell all of you about the rocks and boulders I found, the secrets hiding beneath the moon's surface, the story of Chang'E and me... but even if this trip has to be cut short, I'm not afraid. Regardless whether I can be repaired, my failure will give my shi-fus valuable information and experience.

Don't worry. In 2017, Chang'E 5 will come here, and continue telling the story where I left off. Right now, the lander is working fine, and will continue to work on the moon for at least 1 year. But she still doesn't know about my problem... I hope that shi-fu will help me recover. But if I don't get better, please help me comfort her.

The sun has set here on the moon, and it's getting very cold very quickly. I've already said so much today, but it never feels like it's enough. I'll let you in on a secret. Actually, I don't feel very sad. Like all protagonists, in the story of my own adventure, I've just hit a little problem.

Goodnight, Earth. Goodnight, humanity.

Sir Patrick Stewart's parody take on the 玉兔 "Yutu" (Jade Rabbit).

Ha ha, very funny. :bsmilie: The west must be celebrating. Here is a longer version.
[video=youtube;m3zdlIOyvJ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3zdlIOyvJ4[/video]

Hope they piss China more... and we see a race to the Mars or Venus... lol..

幸灾乐祸 Both are competing to see who can print more money.

幸灾乐祸 Both are competing to see who can print more money.

Ultimately, if they piss each other off well enough, we will be in trouble...

Last edited:
Ultimately, if they piss each other off well enough, we will be in trouble...

Decrease of tourists from mainland (cavemen type as well as well a handful of behaved ones)?

Last edited:
PRC gave USA a chance to humiliate them. Maybe the PRC scientists were overly ambitious, too eager to score points with the PRC leadership.
They could have let the lunar module do a bit, then get it back safely. Instead, now it is an eternal disgrace left on the moon.

PRC gave USA a chance to humiliate them. Maybe the PRC scientists were overly ambitious, too eager to score points with the PRC leadership.
They could have let the lunar module do a bit, then get it back safely. Instead, now it is an eternal disgrace left on the moon.

If you want to advance, you need to take risk..... and such embrassment will make them come back stronger.

玉兔 "Yutu" (Jade Rabbit) has been revived by her shifu(s) at Beijing Aerospace Command and Control Center (BACCC) and is now alive after being officially declared lost and written off by China National Space Administration (CNSA) just several days! Slowly regaining conspicuousness but status still critical.

Signal Interception By Western Intelligence (UHF Satcom.com) Sources said:
---

UHF Satcom (‏@uhf_satcom): 2014-02-12 T 12:30

Chang'e'3 YUTU lander is alive! Xband signals detected from moon and also EME reflection of Chinese TTC uplink on 7.2GHz - pics to follow!

---

0GWxJiZ.jpg

UHF Satcom (‏@uhf_satcom): 2014-02-12 T 12:35

First, EME signal from YUTU uplink on 7202.381MHz ; a big old signal and a piece of cake to copy in the speaker!

---

3VNEJ3Z.jpg

UHF Satcom (‏@uhf_satcom): 2014-02-12 T 12:42

And, the signal we've all been waiting for, direct downlink from the Yutu rover! A pretty good signal!

---

sRM0KxM.jpg

UHF Satcom (‏@uhf_satcom): 2014-02-12 T 13:03

A quick Doppler corrected plot using r00ts amazing software tools; this is the 7.2GHz uplink to the Yutu rover.

---

9Yq5M4X.jpg

UHF Satcom (‏@uhf_satcom): 2014-02-12 T 13:09

Doppler corrected signal from Yutu rover, pretty strong signals, in fact almost the best I have seen! I need a QSL!

Last edited:
They landed there and station it there permanently to claim the territory Liao ,100km radius now belongs the red land !!!

You are quite correct.
It is partly about staking a claim.
Presently technology and cost barriers prevent other countries besides USSR (unmanned), USA (manned) and China (unmanned) from lunar landing.

When more countries can do so, they will start to quarrel over who has "rights" to which part of the moon.

PRC is taking lessons from its neglect of claims to Diaoyutai in the 1950s to 1960s to 1975, when instead of doing that, PRC fought useless and pointless wars on other people's behalf; and in return got ungrateful North Korea and Vietnam spurning it later.

Last edited: