First HDR Sunset shot attempt

i think its easy to get caught up in the hype of hdr that u lose sight of one of the basic component of photography - composition. for one, the rocks in ur 2nd photo show much potential, and could be framed in a way that leads to viewer's eyes to the lovely light. get lower, closer to the rocks and include them as the primary subject in ur foreground. the rule of thirds also don't seem to be applied to your photos :dunno:

that being said, keep shooting and i'm sure u'l find ur own way in capturing the golden hours :)

cheers,
marc

i think its easy to get caught up in the hype of hdr that u lose sight of one of the basic component of photography - composition. for one, the rocks in ur 2nd photo show much potential, and could be framed in a way that leads to viewer's eyes to the lovely light. get lower, closer to the rocks and include them as the primary subject in ur foreground. the rule of thirds also don't seem to be applied to your photos :dunno:

that being said, keep shooting and i'm sure u'l find ur own way in capturing the golden hours :)

cheers,
marc

thanks for your CnC.. find it very constructive with regards to the rule of thirds.

Nice cloud formation.

4610284738_13c9960974.jpg

would this picture be better than #1?

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

The whole picture

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

To appreciate the beautiful givings of mother nature after days and days of showers

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

When the sun fades away and gives out beautiful streaks of rays for the last moments of the day. In addition the formation of the clouds was spectacular.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

Thinks the picture looks very blissful and other composition of the landscape perspective would further enhance the beauty of mother nature.

Welcome all CnC from fellow clubsnap members! :cool:

Hi, the cloud formation is very nice! However i can't really see any streaks of rays from the sun as claimed.

#1, and the newer version both seem cartoonish, unreal. #2 is much more pleasing to my eyes. :thumbsup:

Hi, the cloud formation is very nice! However i can't really see any streaks of rays from the sun as claimed.

Thanks for Cnc, it's sunset, i didn't state any streak of rays. But i do have pictures with streak of rays but didn't post it up here.

#1, and the newer version both seem cartoonish, unreal. #2 is much more pleasing to my eyes. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the CnC :D

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

When the sun fades away and gives out beautiful streaks of rays for the last moments of the day. In addition the formation of the clouds was spectacular.

Thanks for Cnc, it's sunset, i didn't state any streak of rays.

Did i read your first post wrongly or did you forget that you posted this?

#1 - The top part looks very stunning , specifically the clouds . It shows alot . But the bottom part , is brighter than the top . Its like your HDR dont really link well .
#2 - Very beautiful shot indeed ! It really gives the sunset feel . But the rocks... I dun know . It looks weird to me .

#1 - The top part looks very stunning , specifically the clouds . It shows alot . But the bottom part , is brighter than the top . Its like your HDR dont really link well .
#2 - Very beautiful shot indeed ! It really gives the sunset feel . But the rocks... I dun know . It looks weird to me .

Thanks alot for your CnC :) Yeah have to improve my HDR..

2nd ...
1st is well composed but it's too excessive

love the #2 pic, i felt #1 was over-process.

Overdone or not, I still like them! :) :thumbsup: