FIREWORKS ALERT: 17 Days Of Fireworks At Esplanade

Status
Not open for further replies.
last day will be 8 mins

ha ha... hope firework won't be similiar :bsmilie:

Snoweagle said:
This one may be the same, cos the 9:30pm ones currently are the same.

ha ha just got back from today's firework about an hr ago

not really the same... :bsmilie:

wah...so good,ISO 200 or 400.
i tomorrow start go try out everyday different ISO setting then until last day then decide.:heart:

Although you can theoractically use any possible ISO and still get the same exposure (by adjusting the other variables), you would choose the lowest possible ISO (50, 100 or whatever lowest on offer for your digicam) to prevent noise which are inherent in long exposures.

Unless, of course, you are purposely going for the 'grainy (high noise level)' look / effect'.

There is no right or wrong. Just a guideline. And that's the beauty of photography! It's in the mind's eye! Never mind the cheap or expensive equipments one owns!

About the only wrong you could do for fireworks setting is to activate the NR on your DSLR. YOU ONLY HAVE 3 MINUTES!

yyD70S said:
About the only wrong you could do for fireworks setting is to activate the NR on your DSLR. YOU ONLY HAVE 3 MINUTES!
NR = Noise Reduction? :dunno: Care to elaborate yyD70S?

Speaking from a D70S user point of view.

When you activate NR for long exposure (> 1 min), there's some in-camera processing taking place which would render you unable to take the next picture until this processing is finished. And the time it takes to process the image is unpredictable (at least to me)... maybe 5 sec.

It's OK if you use for other situations but our Lunar New Year fireworks is over in 2-3 mins max.! IE, you have less time to manipulate.

Also, I find that images taken with NR on (again at least to my eyes) tends to be a little soft. Of course, you can post process but lets just talk about capturing good images straight out of the camera.

By all means, I always believe you should try everything yourself and not just listen. Except that we are talking about fireworks here (short duration). At least we are lucky that we have so many days (this year) to experiment and learn from our mistakes.

Regards

ycchen said:
ha ha just got back from today's firework about an hr ago

not really the same... :bsmilie:

The ones i go are mostly similar, with the exception of maybe 2 or 3.

For my compact digicam, NR is automatically activated if shutter speeds exceed 1sec.

Status
Not open for further replies.