Fire Works Shooting

Thanks Rashkae & wdEvA for the feedback. 2-3pm is really early. Think i can only go down at abt 6pm. Guess the better spot would have been taken up. I shall test run with the lens and see which effect/result i like most. Thanks fellows.

Thanks Rashkae & wdEvA for the feedback. 2-3pm is really early. Think i can only go down at abt 6pm. Guess the better spot would have been taken up. I shall test run with the lens and see which effect/result i like most. Thanks fellows.

2-3pm i think is for the actual day itself (Actual NDP, New year, etc etc)

as for NDP rehearsales, NE Shows. the crowd might not be as big, but it's still crowded.

Went to the bridge last week around 6, and there were still quite alot of available spots.

Hi all,

I also learning. How about this image taken last weekend.

DPP-0879-edited-2.jpg

DPP-0880-edited-2.jpg

I am using Canon 18-200mm f/3.5-f/5.6 Lens on Cannon EOS 40D mounted on tripol.

Very weak images right, need comments please.

Cheers

coolthought seconded.

fireworks alone is good, but w/ landscape its Great.
you just have to decide which composition and exposure you will prioritized.
carefully plan your shot accordingly to the fireworks.
here's a share from last yr.

3804469082_c7af4f1d2d.jpg

Good luck bro.

thanks for sharing... honestly speaking... I really like this photo except for one important thing. The fireworks kind of merge with the background. If there is little or nothing behind the fireworks, this will be a really good fireworks photo.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4094/4818822982_80a056ecc4_b.jpg

How abt this? taken on a 1DS mk3 on f10 and i cant see 'copy image location' when i right click, can someone help me post on this forum?

heres the flickr page, http://www.flickr.com/photos/52352745@N08/4818822982

You can refer to newbie posting guide on how to post pictures..:)

from marina barrage? the main subject is blocked.. guess you can answer yourself already.. unless your subject is the 3 towers and the fireworks is the backdrop..;)

Hi, i will be going for my first fireworks shoot too. Juz to check, what is the suitable lens for fireworks? Now i only have basic kit lens 18-55, 50mm prime lens and a tele lens 70-300mm.

And going to find a good spot, roughly what time starts to crowd? Dont wish to go too late and miss the good spots.

I think if u are at the marina bay area, esplanade bridge area.. the best would be the 18mm lens. The rest (50 and 70) wont be able to fit all the fireworks into the frame. Even the 18mm was too tight when i shot at the Merlion last week.

First time, i went at 7pm and was still able to get a spot on the esplanade bridge. Second time, i went at 6pm and it was relatively empty at the Merlion area. And lots of space left on the esplanade bridge (altho at the really prime spots like end of the esplanade bridge near the merlion were a little crowded already). So i guess 6pm would be a good timing to go.

Last edited:
I think if u are at the marina bay area, esplanade bridge area.. the best would be the 18mm lens. The rest (50 and 70) wont be able to fit all the fireworks into the frame. Even the 18mm was too tight when i shot at the Merlion last week.

First time, i went at 7pm and was still able to get a spot on the esplanade bridge. Second time, i went at 6pm and it was relatively empty at the Merlion area. And lots of space left on the esplanade bridge (altho at the really prime spots like end of the esplanade bridge near the merlion were a little crowded already). So i guess 6pm would be a good timing to go.

Wow, these are some really good info.

Perhaps with the lens i have, i go alittle further, that would allow me to play with more lens i guess. :)

Wow, these are some really good info.

Perhaps with the lens i have, i go alittle further, that would allow me to play with more lens i guess. :)

Hey care to share some other locations which are slightly further from those i mentioned above? i do wanna capture more background.. :)

shot from skypark can capture a lot of background..........

just wondering.. does anyone uses ladder for fireworks?

Like.. using ultra high tripod, then stand on ladder to compose.. then no need to go so early and fight for space..

Ultra high tripod hard to stable lea...

hi! newbie here.

noticed that many mentioned using a remote. any recommendation of brand & price? i'm using a Canon 500D. thanks in advance!

hi! newbie here.

noticed that many mentioned using a remote. any recommendation of brand & price? i'm using a Canon 500D. thanks in advance!

firstly don't need to hijack thread, but ya there are plenty of remotes out there, go to the mass sales side and can check it out le.. you can try Red DOt Photo, they will have some..

don't really need specific brand one la remote..

thanks for the info. sorry :embrass:, didnt mean to hijack thread.

@peteryeo: This is not a gallery section.

guys,

is using shutter priority a good idea?
or fully manual is a better choice?

its gotta be full manual. you meter for the brightness of the fireworks using the aperture and iso, cos it burns at only one point, the streaks are cos of long shutter.then usually use bulb mode to decide how long the trails in or the sparks are.

if u use shutter priority, your streaks will be all burnt out cos the cam exposes for the darkness

its gotta be full manual. you meter for the brightness of the fireworks using the aperture and iso, cos it burns at only one point, the streaks are cos of long shutter.then usually use bulb mode to decide how long the trails in or the sparks are.

if u use shutter priority, your streaks will be all burnt out cos the cam exposes for the darkness
icic thx ^^

anyone going to vivo?