Fire Works on May 1st @ Esplanade

Status
Not open for further replies.
k3nn3th03 said:
bridge good good..

its good u guys got ricky with u...

anyway, the past shooting, the "old" Lumixers were at the bridge..

try searching and u can see how good their pic were.. :thumbsup:

:)

Har??? why have me around is good???? :dunno:

Me super newbie started in November 2004 only... alamak :eek:

rhair78 said:
Har??? why have me around is good???? :dunno:

Me super newbie started in November 2004 only... alamak :eek:

Haha...Because you can be our guide! :bsmilie:

Hong Jia said:
Francis, u newbie with Fz20 and old bird with D70 issit...

Aiyah... me say myself newbie first mah... in case the photos come out lousy, will not feel that pai seh mah...

Because my photogragh got see mood one, sometimes good, sometimes crap...
Haiz... I'm super newbie with both FZ20 & D70.
Old bird with my Nokia7610 Camera Phone.

Cheers....

BTW, I have found an interesting camera.... its cheap in initial investment, but expensive when using it for long run. Its a Hogal. I bring it around in my bag whereever I go. Share with u all when we meet at plug #2

Hi people,

if u all intend to go up to the bridge on 1st May, I suggest u all bring some rope to tie ur tripod to a lamp post or the railling.... that bridge rocks like nobody biz...

I have seen many shots with fireworks and the skylines, but I have not seen photos with fireworks and the bottom of the bridge. It should be quite interesting, because I don't know how to get the exposure right... kekeke...

So confirm its on the bridge or ?

The Bridge rocks?

So far the shooting venue is on the bridge, but open to other suggestions for taking the fireworks. :)

tkp77 said:
Hi people,

if u all intend to go up to the bridge on 1st May, I suggest u all bring some rope to tie ur tripod to a lamp post or the railling.... that bridge rocks like nobody biz...

I have seen many shots with fireworks and the skylines, but I have not seen photos with fireworks and the bottom of the bridge. It should be quite interesting, because I don't know how to get the exposure right... kekeke...

Rock until got to tide the tripod to lamp post or railing? :bigeyes:
If never tide, what will happen?

donchua said:
Rock until got to tide the tripod to lamp post or railing? :bigeyes:
If never tide, what will happen?

Wah Lau eh... this Francis...

The bridge vibrates whenever a heavy vehicle drives on it. either on the side towards ECP, or the other way towards AYE.

The vibration is not much, but will cause softness in the shot hahahah.. like mini handshake.

I am guessing a nice place would be close to the grass patch, although safety is a major issue as its really near the firing site.

Alternatives is to take from the river bank area last used for the river ang pao events.

Yet another alternative is to take from the Fullerton bridge road area. If you want to capture purely only fireworks.

Another champion shot is taken from behind the merlion, where you get merlion spewing water, and the fireworks above it.

rhair78 said:
Wah Lau eh... this Francis...

The bridge vibrates whenever a heavy vehicle drives on it. either on the side towards ECP, or the other way towards AYE.

The vibration is not much, but will cause softness in the shot hahahah.. like mini handshake.

I am guessing a nice place would be close to the grass patch, although safety is a major issue as its really near the firing site.

Alternatives is to take from the river bank area last used for the river ang pao events.

Yet another alternative is to take from the Fullerton bridge road area. If you want to capture purely only fireworks.

Another champion shot is taken from behind the merlion, where you get merlion spewing water, and the fireworks above it.

Wah....this Francis.. :kok: :bsmilie:

Thanks Ricky for giving us so many suggestions. We have more choices now.......decide when we meet?

Josephteo548 said:

Thanks Ricky for giving us so many suggestions. We have more choices now.......decide when we meet?

Wah, too many places also headache, don't know which is the best liao..
Left 2 days to decide...
If not the bridge, my wife and baby might follow along too.. ;)

any babes going along?

sinlg said:
any babes going along?

Babes ah.....dun think so.. :cry:
Maybe the most, only have baby(Don's) :bsmilie:
Don, your baby boy or girl?
If girl then, we have a very young babe. ;p

The shooting place so far is still the bridge.......any objections? Seem to be the best place so far. Actually like what Ricky said, shoot at the merlion there also good, but i scared what too crowded by people.

Josephteo548 said:

Alamak.... No wonder I headache for the whole morning....
because got hammer on my head...

Aiya... Bridge very tired to climb up leh.... can we stay at low ground?

Ricky ah... must teach me how to shoot the fireworks with the merlion in it... cos, I understand with my skill, the merlion will become overexposed...

Happy shooting People...

Francis Tan.

take several pics, then combine with photoshop! hee hee

tkp77 said:

Ricky ah... must teach me how to shoot the fireworks with the merlion in it... cos, I understand with my skill, the merlion will become overexposed...

Happy shooting People...

Francis Tan.

Haha.
Ok lor, stay at low ground....but where? The open field? :dunno:

If low ground, then my young babe might go along.. ;)

tkp77 said:

Happy shooting People...

Francis Tan.

There are 2 options... since we are shooting digital - can use the blending technique shown to us by chuan ye. Where you dun care abot the merlion, just shoot fireworks first, then after that. take a well exposed shot of merlion, then do digital magic lor.

If you like to be traditional, can get gradual filters to shoot.

rhair78 said:
There are 2 options... since we are shooting digital - can use the blending technique shown to us by chuan ye. Where you dun care abot the merlion, just shoot fireworks first, then after that. take a well exposed shot of merlion, then do digital magic lor.

Must teach me more hor..

rhair78 said:

wa..

sounds "deep deep"... :think:

fireworks.jpg

Wat time to meet har? and where?
I think I should be heading to the open concert area at esplanade to shoot.

And let me add some tips i found on the net:
http://www.nyip.com/tips/current/digfirewks.php

http://www.nyip.com/tips/current/firewks.php

Status
Not open for further replies.