Family in Japan

With the Mt Fuji as backdrop is really awesome ! May I know where is this location for your shot ? and also where are the places in other photos, might just like to plan a trip to Japan next year January 2014. Thanks.

Forgive me for so many Fuji shots. Been to Japan probably close to 10 times.... but this is the first time I had a good look at MT Fuji...

japan029.jpg

japan031.jpg

nicesss :thumbsup:, really enjoy looking at all your family travel pictures :), you should get yourself in some too

With the Mt Fuji as backdrop is really awesome ! May I know where is this location for your shot ? and also where are the places in other photos, might just like to plan a trip to Japan next year January 2014. Thanks.

The location is shot at kawaguchiko outside Sunnide Resort.

Shooting Mount Fuji points to note

1) weather is super impt. you can either book 2 nights (which I did) and hopefully you get a nice shot. I stayed for 3days 2 nights and I only had 2 periods to shot. One when I arrived at 11am for 2 hours and the last day morning. All other periods were overcast

2) or you can stay in shinjuku and the bus to kawaguchiko only takes 100+ mins... You can check the weather report and decide which day to go there. The lighting is best in the morning as the afternoon sun during winter is behind mt fuji.

see the slideshow below for the locations of the other pics

Japan 2013

Posted a slideshow with more pics.

Japan 2013

Wow! the slide show with Japanese traditional song is perfectly done, I could smell the fresh air of the purest snow of the places visited.
Thanks very much for sharing, if it is Ok I would share your link with my friend, brother, sister to get them on board my plan to visit Japan winter January 2014.

Awesome !!

The location is shot at kawaguchiko outside Sunnide Resort.

Shooting Mount Fuji points to note
1) weather is super impt. you can either book 2 nights (which I did) and hopefully you get a nice shot. I stayed for 3days 2 nights and I only had 2 periods to shot. One when I arrived at 11am for 2 hours and the last day morning. All other periods were overcast

2) or you can stay in shinjuku and the bus to kawaguchiko only takes 100+ mins... You can check the weather report and decide which day to go there. The lighting is best in the morning as the afternoon sun during winter is behind mt fuji.

see the slideshow below for the locations of the other pics

Japan 2013

Wow! the slide show with Japanese traditional song is perfectly done, I could smell the fresh air of the purest snow of the places visited.
Thanks very much for sharing, if it is Ok I would share your link with my friend, brother, sister to get them on board my plan to visit Japan winter January 2014.

Awesome !!

Ya, sure it is ok to share my link.

If you are looking for snow, all you need is to head out to the other side of Japan, places like Kanazawa and maybe Takayama.

Nice series...like the different compositions...and of course great shots of Mt Fuji!

Very nice , looks like you are carrying a few cameras .
Thanks for sharing .

Was in Tokyo and Japan in Feb 13...really love it as there are many nice scenery to take and lots of fantastic restaurants. I used xp1 and rx1 but my composition skill not as good as TS

really nice photo !!!
are u using wide angle lens?

breathtaking... luv the mt fuji background pic where the subject just stands out!

really nice photo !!!
are u using wide angle lens?

Most pics with MT fuji is taken with nikon 35mm. The really WA ones are taken with a 10-18mm sony lens.

Nice shots for your family. The problem with photographers they are never in the picture. I hope you got some with them but just did post up.

Very lovely series. make me feel like going to Japan for holiday...:)

thanks for sharing...

Excellent photos! For pics 29 and 37, is the aperture open wide at 1.8?

Excellent photos! For pics 29 and 37, is the aperture open wide at 1.8?

my old thread :)

29 seems to be shot with my 70-200mm f2.8 so it should be at f2.8

37 should be using the 35mm f1.4 so should be f1.4.

These are really impressive family photos. The first is so perfect! The mountain looks like a painting.

my old thread :)

29 seems to be shot with my 70-200mm f2.8 so it should be at f2.8

37 should be using the 35mm f1.4 so should be f1.4.

Thanks. Are Nikon lenses cheap in Japan? What's your gear during the trip?