F1 - Singapore GP 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
see ur luck one lar...i saw one guy using 400mm at grandstand...the security ask to check...then told him to keep that lens...even though the security guards dunno anything abt lens...they can still see the number is bigger or smaller than 300 mar...unless u use a 200mm or 300mm with extension lor...then maybe they will not know...the guy i saw was using a telelens for nikon with max 400mm (not prime)...the security was not very sure and he asked me as i was nearby and got pass so he sort of trust mi abit more lar...

1st day when i went in before noon (pass holders can go in earlier) my gear was checked...since my longest is 300mm i had no problem...mine was 28-300...they will see the number on ur lens lor...

oh ya...my 300mm is F6.3 and very hard for me to take decent shots at the night races...could only take without motion blur for day races...so best if your zooms are better than mine...

Don't think there was any lens restriction last year...see this thread
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419042

Walkabout tickets start sales on 20th April.

Grandstands tickets except Bay Grandstand aka Floating Platform will start on 9th April.

Single-Day tickets are only available on Singtel Roadshows from 10 to 19 April at Early Bird prices and if there's remaining tickets, it will be released to be sold on SISTIC and its partners at the Regular prices from 20th April onwards.

50% of all allocated tickets are up for Early Bird prices. After which, will be sold at a price hike ranging from $20 to $200 depending on which ticket category you are buying.

Thanks for the info bro, I'll prefer to get a walkabout this time..got a 3 days Bay grandstand last year, never even seat there on qualifying and race day. As for the lens, they are not that particular last year and a lot of photographers were shooting with super tele lenses.

This year there are some problems with the areas which u can walk to. The circuit is divided into 4 zones.

Zone 1: Pit, Turn 1 and 2 holders
Zone 2: Singapore Flyer (not announced seats yet)
Zone 3: Bay Grandstand
Zone 4: Walkabout and the rest of the grandstands there

The problem now is Zone 1 can access all areas, zone 3 can access zone 3 and 4, while zone 4 can only be restricted to zone 4. Doesn't make sense if you are buying $898 stamford grandstand tickets and u can move to other areas like SG Flyer for better photos.

Yup. The whole circuit is fenced up as it's a street circuit.

wah like this ah.....then if buy grandstnd one... still can capture or since the distance from the seat to fence is quite far or more than walkabout one.....i mentioned grandstand beause walkabout might have many ppl n difficult to choose.....grandstand will be easier (minor block) n have proper seat but distance issue......pls advice......cheers

You've already said it.

Buy walkabout = a lot of people to jostle with unless you go early to "chope" spot, and under the hot afternoon sun, wah.. easy to become peng-kang stingray, but lots of freedom to find spots

Buy grandstand = your tiny little personal space, but have to live with fencing unless your at the start/finish grandstand. Anyway, if the people in front of you stand up, you also LL, kena block. Last year, when the drivers did their pre-race driveby parade, so many people rush to the front, blocking any chance of getting shots. Also, post-race driveby before they enter the pits, also everyone rush to the front, block everything.

Still undecided on this year, the atmosphere is PRICELESS - the smell, the feel, the sound is amazing but then.... anyway, I ended up getting most of my keeper pics on Practice sessions instead of Quali or Race-day.

500 mm really cannot go in ?? anyone can confirm :eek:
Confirmed - last year maximum is 300 mm unless accredited photographers. I guess it depends on how tight they will check this year.

Last year, I bought the walkabout for Sunday. Went in at 1 pm to scout the place and parked myself at the Durian from 3 pm. Apply lots of sunblock and drink lots of water. Was with kaki so that they can hold the place when I go for breaks. The fence was a problem - horizontal lines. I was so near the track that if I use my 135 mm I cannot capture the whole car.

Thinking of bringing my 500mm mirror lens this year, anyone tried with the same focal length?

How about being a volunteer?

Can take good pic

How about being a volunteer?

Can take good pic

Depending on what you are volunteering. Trackside, perhaps the only best you have is perhaps your mobile phone cam or sneak in a PnS.

Btw, volunteering is not equal being a photographer for them. Accredited photographers need to have a media/press backing even if you are a freelancer.

Volunteering phase is over ....

Wait for 2010 then.

:bsmilie:

Depending on what you are volunteering. Trackside, perhaps the only best you have is perhaps your mobile phone cam or sneak in a PnS.

Btw, volunteering is not equal being a photographer for them. Accredited photographers need to have a media/press backing even if you are a freelancer.

yup to get FIA accredition they require the magazine/newsletter circulation to be have a minimum number per week/per month.

Just to quote,
Circulation

Accreditation decisions are based on the relative ‘media market’ in the country of the applicant. As such, the usual minimum circulation for a national weekly or monthly publication is 20,000 copies. For a national daily the minimum circulation is 50,000 copies.

Freelance journalists must apply for credentials via their own agencies. The onus is on the freelance applicant to prove the supply of regular Formula One related stories to at least five publications meeting the FIA accreditation criteria.

Photo agencies must be able to prove that the pictures have been regularly sold to publications matching the FIA accreditation criteria and have been paid for at the normal commercial rate. A publication must be able to prove that the pictures published are the original work of the publication's accredited photographer.

find out more from http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Accreditation/F1/2008/f1_procedure.html

Was a volunteer last year. In fact we were allowed to the trackside during the drivers' parade, where we happily snapped. Volunteers are (by right) not allowed to take photos while on duty.

so i guess most of us are going to purchase da tickets on April 20th. any idea wat time to start queueing if purchase at post offices? anyone with past experience?

so i guess most of us are going to purchase da tickets on April 20th. any idea wat time to start queueing if purchase at post offices? anyone with past experience?

Beat the queue. Buy online.

Online early-bird sales has already started this morning 3/28 to selected customers :) Happy buying the tickets!

Not related to Singapore F1, but "Gentlemen, start your engines!" - Melbourne F1 Qualifying starts at 1.50pm local time! Tune in to your channel to catch it! If anyone doesn't have ESPN Star, let me know and I'll dig an online stream for you!

Beat the queue. Buy online.

stay at your computer screen when the clock strike 12am. that is what im gonna do.
:bsmilie:

If you bought your ticket online last year, you should have recieved the special invitaion. I have bought my ticket today :)

If you bought your ticket online last year, you should have recieved the special invitaion. I have bought my ticket today :)

only for people who had bought the tickets for the suite before??

Status
Not open for further replies.