F1 seminar.

hey bro, didnt know you were there as well...

flew in a day earlier for sutton's talk. well worth the hassle with Philippine Airlines!

I really wished I flew on a different airline! I arrived at Rock Auditorium 1:10pm. Good thing Canon Singapore runs on Philippine time! :bsmilie:

flew in a day earlier for sutton's talk. well worth the hassle with Philippine Airlines!

I really wished I flew on a different airline! I arrived at Rock Auditorium 1:10pm. Good thing Canon Singapore runs on Philippine time! :bsmilie:

LOL!:bsmilie:

btw, where's your sit on the track?...

It is near the cinema.

So how did you gentlemen like it?

I saw the 70-300L IS in action

I love the seminar! I didn't care too much about the gears. I love how the brothers shared their views and experiences of F1 photography... Now I understand what they are looking for in this genre... and it certainly ain't stock photos... They are very generous in sharing that's for sure! The eye candies really rocks! Imagine a beautiful sunset behind the circuit and a lonely car... Cross border genre! :thumbsup:

F1 photography isn't exactly what I've previously imagined before the Seminar. Thanks to Canon and Sutton brothers for the remarkable experience!

I love the seminar! I didn't care too much about the gears. I love how the brothers shared their views and experiences of F1 photography... Now I understand what they are looking for in this genre... and it certainly ain't stock photos... They are very generous in sharing that's for sure! The eye candies really rocks! Imagine a beautiful sunset behind the circuit and a lonely car... Cross border genre! :thumbsup:

F1 photography isn't exactly what I've previously imagined before the Seminar. Thanks to Canon and Sutton brothers for the remarkable experience!

Thats what i was there for, the experience sharing, the history telling...very nice. Im glad they didnt touch too much on tech stuff equipment...just the bare essentials.

but some of the questions asked is like....erm... sigh. hahahaha always the film vs digital questions, damn boring.

Im impressed but the numerous "lucky breaks" and opportunities presented to them throughout their careers, followed by plain hard work...these guys worked from ground zero, they know how everything works. Unlike freshies who get plonked into high posts without ground zero experience. :thumbsup:

They made interested in reading the F1 news in papers, i never followed the news before, am clueless bout the drivers too. They changed my views of motorsports.

Thats what i was there for, the experience sharing, the history telling...very nice. Im glad they didnt touch too much on tech stuff equipment...just the bare essentials.

but some of the questions asked is like....erm... sigh. hahahaha always the film vs digital questions, damn boring.

Im impressed but the numerous "lucky breaks" and opportunities presented to them throughout their careers, followed by plain hard work...these guys worked from ground zero, they know how everything works. Unlike freshies who get plonked into high posts without ground zero experience. :thumbsup:

They made interested in reading the F1 news in papers, i never followed the news before, am clueless bout the drivers too. They changed my views of motorsports.

I watched F1 since young before they were unavailable on public TV... So names like Nigel Mansel, Thierry Boutsen, Alaine Prost, Arton Senna (may he rest in peace) are like household names to me... Jackie Steward (who paid a visit to their office) is a racing legend, so I understand their complete thrilling experience to receive that visitor. If I'm not wrong, Jackie was with the TV commentators for yesterday's Practice session! What an honour!

These two lads breathe motorsports through their lungs, it's in their blood and the enthusiasm shows! It is NEVER too late for anyone to go into genre - you must be VERY passionate about it and armed with the know-how as well (hence their entrance tests for newbies). What's the point of shooting if you don't know where or how to capture the excitement and the story? These guys know it all (needless to say of course)!

I believe them when they say it is a tough profession... imagine you're down with a dripping faucet, it is a down pour outside and temperature is near 0 degrees, can you really miss a race of the year?

I agree, a few of the questions are like a bit lame... but that's expected in any Q&A session right? :bsmilie:

What really impresses me most are the attachments with the Drivers! Imaging being Arton Senna's personal photographer - that is priceless!

Last edited:
He got lucky, his method of spotting talent to groom relations with paid off. Public relations very very very important