#3 Heikki Kovalainen
IMG_5576.jpg

#4 Jarno Truni
IMG_5553.jpg

#5 Lewis Hamilton
IMG_5733.jpg

. EOS5D, Ef100-400mm.

C&C welcome.
Please add your photographs here if you wish.

Good images.

(and I don't understand why our F1 GP has to ban lenses more than 200mm in diameter.)

Good images.

(and I don't understand why our F1 GP has to ban lenses more than 200mm in diameter.)

Write to your organisers ... :angry:
I bought my ticket to the Bay area for September in Singapore. I hope they make some changes to that ruling. Then, there's always a 1.4x or 2x extender.

exceptional panning on 2 taken as the car comes round the turn.
the rest look like any other panning stuff.

:thumbsup:Good stuff.

Any pix of Heifield, Webber & Alonso, Toro Rosso, Honda, Super Aguri & Force India?

#2 is the best because it's about the best angle in shooting cars already : the front, top as well as the side were captured sufficiently to give it a more "complete" and 3-Dimensional view of car.

The downward tilt of the car within the frame also gives it an additional effect of gravitational pull of very fast speed.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Panning of directly 90 degree to the car's side makes the car look very much only 2-dimensional.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

#2 is the best because it's about the best angle in shooting cars already : the front, top as well as the side were captured sufficiently to give it a more "complete" and 3-Dimensional view of car.

The downward tilt of the car within the frame also gives it an additional effect of gravitational pull of very fast speed.

Panning of directly 90 degree to the car's side makes the car look very much only 2-dimensional.

imo, depends... here's a beautiful extremely 2-dimensional panning shot.
hope chenws doesnt mind if I link another cser's foto. if he does, then I'll delete my post

2357030583_655bb4565d_b.jpg

no no all the pic is not taken using 14-54mm or 50mm

it is sigma 135-400 and zuiiko digital 70-300!!

Any pix of Heifield, Webber & Alonso, Toro Rosso, Honda, Super Aguri & Force India?

BMW Sauber - Nick Heidfeld
IMG_5610.jpg

Red Bull Racing - Mark Webber
IMG_5612.jpg

ING Renault F1 - Fernando Alonso
IMG_5727.jpg

Scuderia Torro Rosso- Sebastian Bourdais
IMG_5082.jpg

Honda Racing F1 - Jensen Button
IMG_5088.jpg

imo, depends... here's a beautiful extremely 2-dimensional panning shot.
hope chenws doesnt mind if I link another cser's foto. if he does, then I'll delete my post

hmmm....Find the crop too tight, almost loss the rear difusser. Also strange tilt for an F1 car as I do not remember Sepang having such an incline unless @ T12 :think:

No problem Rev .. :)

thanks for sharing your pics. very nicely taken. i especially love pic 1 :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

hmmm....Find the crop too tight, almost loss the rear difusser. Also strange tilt for an F1 car as I do not remember Sepang having such an incline unless @ T12 :think:

the tilt effect can be taken if u tilt your slr while doing the panning shot..:)

I think the white car is very nice. :thumbsup: Great series.

the tilt effect can be taken if u tilt your slr while doing the panning shot..:)

Or it can also be done in post-processing if the original picture has some room around the car for tilting the picture later.

Another point which I forgot and would like to add :

The out-of-focus curve and road markings behind the car form a leading line and gives the picture an extra dimension which is not found in 90 degree panning : an effect of the car just made a very fast tight curve turn into the straights.

Compared to similar shots posted later, the car in this #2 picture is the sharpest : the markings on the car (especially the front) can be seen very clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.