Eye cup DK-19 for D800

I see.. but did you notice that it gets harder over the years or?

I'm just having a conjecture that drying rubber was the reason of the difference in hardness of my 2 DK-17. Both are Nikon original, not knock off.

The DK-19s I have are bought around 1.5 years apart. Same same ley. No hardening..

I have written to the seller of ebay. I doubt he will compensate.

In your case a bit tough, given that the item is lost... There's some chance, especially if you haven't left feedback. Noticed recently that sellers are going the extra mile to ensure buyers are satisfied, perhaps to avoid negative feedback. I've received full refund (screen protector arrived damaged, wireless doorbell dead on arrival), and partial refund (shoot-thru brolly with some light stains) in the past few months.

Mine has been with me for coming 2 years. As mentioned if fitted properly it'll stay on and I have just checked mine its still flips in/out easily. I got mine from local reseller and it comes with a ring.

Last edited:
So, i bought a new one yesterday. SGD 13.00. It was good. Comes with a locking ring and only a few dollars above my initial china one. I didnt do my research well and think anything from ebay/ china would be as good as a real thing. Something to share with everyone :)

JacePhoto said:
So, i bought a new one yesterday. SGD 13.00. It was good. Comes with a locking ring and only a few dollars above my initial china one. I didnt do my research well and think anything from ebay/ china would be as good as a real thing. Something to share with everyone :)

Where did you buy it?