[extreme boredom] my trashbin loves me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought you'd have a lot more fun with a cat and the lights. Of course, you can always add the option of Sion's underwear..... :sweat:

cat, light and underwear? can do self portrait cosplay or model shoot at your hall's corridor!

Interesting what sheer boredom will drive you to. I've always wanted to try painting with light. Good effort on this one.
Just one thing: Doesn't EVERYONE'S trash bins emit strange pulsating lights and try to convey messages from beyond?

Interesting what sheer boredom will drive you to. I've always wanted to try painting with light. Good effort on this one.
Just one thing: Doesn't EVERYONE'S trash bins emit strange pulsating lights and try to convey messages from beyond?

yes, but this is the first time one's proclaimed its love! :bsmilie:

cat, light and underwear? can do self portrait cosplay or model shoot at your hall's corridor!
cat in glowing underwear.

now that'd be a REAL nightmare. :bsmilie:

Please.

I just thought you'd have a lot more fun with a cat and the lights. Of course, you can always add the option of Sion's underwear..... :sweat:
:bigeyes:

I think it's sweet. I love it when inanimate objects try to talk to me.

a final one that i did after my exams in jubilant celebration

2615323723_d2d2d481bf_o.jpg

NICE!

curious, how did you light up your shoe? seems like its just a patch of light..

sorry for the late reply, must have missed it while on holiday.

just rotate the torch around the shoe and nowhere else

and then clean up using photoshop..

Woah it's cool, I wish I knew how to do this.

Get the August issue of Digital Photo Magazine.Think its just on sale. There is a step by step guide on how to do it. Basically u need a tripod, torchlight, plenty of time and creativity.The magazine makes it look so easy. But I think it will probably take plenty of trial and errors to get a good image.

Get the August issue of Digital Photo Magazine.Think its just on sale. There is a step by step guide on how to do it. Basically u need a tripod, torchlight, plenty of time and creativity.The magazine makes it look so easy. But I think it will probably take plenty of trial and errors to get a good image.

if doing it alone, you need a lot of psychomotor skills also..

even if you use an led light with a push button, must remember to take hand off button at right times.

if with torch, must remember to cover lens with black card or equivalent when you want to "end off", else you are going to get a lot of stray light.

it is actually not hard, you just need to get the hang of it.

get a torch, think of what you want to "paint" in the air, do it, remember how the light works. for example, if i move the torch up from within the bin, it's going to look better (and actually much easier to do) than the light going into the bin, although theoretically you should get the same result.

find a dark room, set camera on timer, manual mode with sufficient dof, prefocus with light on since you won't af in the dark, go to bin, when the thing goes off, just "draw", and then for the objects here, just "paint" them using the torch. literally take the light source you have as a paintbrush and do it gently and slowly. 30 seconds should be good. if you have a shutter release, even better - can use bulb mode.

Thanks nightmare, but I didn't really understand much.
1. You mentioned "when the thing goes off", does "the thing" refer to the shutter?
2. I am not sure about the 30 seconds you mentioned since I am unclear what "the thing" refers to.
3. How to you get your hand out of the shot ultimately?

Thanks nightmare, but I didn't really understand much.
1. You mentioned "when the thing goes off", does "the thing" refer to the shutter?
2. I am not sure about the 30 seconds you mentioned since I am unclear what "the thing" refers to.
3. How to you get your hand out of the shot ultimately?

1. You got it but I think nightmare meant the timer. U set the timer and get into position before the shutter opens. Listen for the click sound
2. 30 sec (shutter speed) is the exposure time for u to draw the light since.
3. U do the setup in a completely dark room. Since the torchlight is shooting light away from your hand, your hand cant be seen in the exposure.

Nightmare pls correct me if I am wrong.

1. You got it but I think nightmare meant the timer. U set the timer and get into position before the shutter opens. Listen for the click sound
2. 30 sec (shutter speed) is the exposure time for u to draw the light since.
3. U do the setup in a completely dark room. Since the torchlight is shooting light away from your hand, your hand cant be seen in the exposure.

Nightmare pls correct me if I am wrong.

yep.. you answered it for me! :) thanks.

btw, you can do 15 seconds, 20 seconds if you so wish. it doesn't really matter so long as you get the light painting done before the mirror goes back into place. :bsmilie:

Oh.. Thanks coolradx and nightmare.

Silly question but how did you manage to take such a shot? Lighting and such? I try taking pics at night but it always comes out like crap. Using basic lens and Canon400D

Silly question but how did you manage to take such a shot? Lighting and such? I try taking pics at night but it always comes out like crap. Using basic lens and Canon400D

totally dark lighting.. :) but not that dark such that you cannot see your way.

i think if you are in a room, chances are in singapore that if you have a window there will be light from the street coming in. use curtains, and this shouldn't be too hard to do, really.

totally dark lighting.. :) but not that dark such that you cannot see your way.

i think if you are in a room, chances are in singapore that if you have a window there will be light from the street coming in. use curtains, and this shouldn't be too hard to do, really.

:bigeyes:
this thread was from before your holidays
now u gone back liao, the thread still alive

Status
Not open for further replies.