Epson v600 or Canon 8800f

harky

Jun 24, 2007
Singapore
Hi all
Epson v600 or Canon 8800f which is good??

i rmemeber last time there is a link to compare both but that link seen to be gone

Optically, they perform about the same. I think the Epson is a better package though because its software is better and it has a film suspension height that is slightly higher, so that helps reduce the amount of Newton Rings.

Doug

Last edited:
hi what abt quality tht scanned out from both scanner?

I have already done my homework, definitely the Epson V600 because I am getting it within these few days.

I have already done my homework, definitely the Epson V600 because I am getting it within these few days.

Are the new stocks of V600 here already? Last I checked 2 weeks ago there wasn't any. :(

any promo for this scanner also?

i just got mine at sim lim from global it mart pte ltd. 3-077....trust me...this is one hard scanner to find...the whole funan is out of stock..
u can give them a call n see if theres still stock....63378789

i just got mine at sim lim from global it mart pte ltd. 3-077....trust me...this is one hard scanner to find...the whole funan is out of stock..
u can give them a call n see if theres still stock....63378789

Haha, agreed.. Pretty hard to find. Stocks slowly trickle in. Care to share how much you paid for it? :)

Hi guys,

I got it from South Asia Computer Pte Ltd in Funan for $448 with $30 NTUC voucher. The saleman told me I was lucky because last week was totally out of stocks and yesterday it just came.

I had run a few scan on both my 135 and 120 format. The verdict? Very Satisfying!! Most of my shots are even better than those I previously sent for scanned from those cheap photo development shop.

Go get it guys! You will not regret.

Regards,
Collin

I have to take Taxi home while the weather was uncooperatively giving me lotsa free rain.

Last edited:
can scan some photo and show us ?

Just test scanning only and I deleted them off coz those all my previous scanned shots from developing shop already up on my Flickr so no point re-doing again. But my future film shots I will personally develop in C-42 and scan. Do watch my Flickr space.

Just posted a few shots using this scanner in my flickr. The strange effects were from my man-handling of the developing process, not the scanner. My first time in colour processing, and self-developing for that matter.

More to come very soon. Please watch the space...

Just posted a few shots using this scanner in my flickr. The strange effects were from my man-handling of the developing process, not the scanner. My first time in colour processing, and self-developing for that matter.

More to come very soon. Please watch the space...

great....nice photos....im a fellow v600 user. the scanning s very slow. what are your settings? im scaning mine at 96dpi now for 9x6in.

mike

sorry, i am very new
just wonder if the Epson V600 is able to scan 120mm?

great....nice photos....im a fellow v600 user. the scanning s very slow. what are your settings? im scaning mine at 96dpi now for 9x6in.

mike

Yeah agree, but its ok I just surf the net till the next scan. I have not settled for any settings yet. Just experimenting till I fixed to one.

sorry, i am very new
just wonder if the Epson V600 is able to scan 120mm?

Yes it can.

Yeah agree, but its ok I just surf the net till the next scan. I have not settled for any settings yet. Just experimenting till I fixed to one.

Yes it can.

Thanks, am narrowing my thoughts now, BTW where can I find n get one Epson V600?