EOS M: M for Mirrorless

WTF!!! there's no way i'm going to buy this ugly camera to use for my EF lenses, specially the heavy ones. You know why? This camera has no OVF and i have to extend both of my freaking hands just to take a photo :angry: just imagine it using the 70-200 2.8L with this camera. at least make it with an articulating screen, it would probably help.

that's it i'm sticking with my x100 for now

Last edited:
WTF!!! there's no way i'm going to buy this ugly camera to use for my EF lenses, specially the heavy ones. You know why? This camera has no OVF and i have to extend both of my freaking hands just to take a photo :angry: just imagine it using the 70-200 2.8L with this camera. at least make it with an articulating screen, it would probably help.

I'm glad someone shares my sentiments about this cam lol

Personally I feel that the design of the EOS M is nice. This is suppose to fill the niche between G1X and DSLR, so I wouldn't comment too much on how small or funny it would look when a EF800mm is attached on it, cause it is not meant for this purpose, though Canon did give their user a choice. I am sure Canon will launch more EF-M lenses in the near future to complement this new category. I see this more like a convenient camera which still allows you more creativity with its interchangeable lenses.

If I want to do a serious bird shooting, I'm sure I'll pick a better suited camera body with more suitable ergonomic, definitely not a MILC.....

Personally I feel that the design of the EOS M is nice. This is suppose to fill the niche between G1X and DSLR, so I wouldn't comment too much on how small or funny it would look when a EF800mm is attached on it, cause it is not meant for this purpose, though Canon did give their user a choice. I am sure Canon will launch more EF-M lenses in the near future to complement this new category. I see this more like a convenient camera which still allows you more creativity with its interchangeable lenses.

If I want to do a serious bird shooting, I'm sure I'll pick a better suited camera body with more suitable ergonomic, definitely not a MILC.....

PRECISELY, it is meant to be used as a point and shoot camera and impractical to use for the EF lenses, hopefully canon will realize this and start making good quality EF-M lenses to go with it if they want this camera to sell.

I'm surprised Canon designed such a camera, especially with no optical or electronic viewfinder- that was one of the biggest bugbears with the Pentax K-01 (and it's weight, but that's not the point here). It really put people off buying the Pentax.

I presume Canon has some awesome lenses up its sleeve to justify such a design for it's PnS crowd to upgrade.

Was hoping to find a working display model in Japan but so far I saw only mockups there.

I'm surprised Canon designed such a camera, especially with no optical or electronic viewfinder- that was one of the biggest bugbears with the Pentax K-01 (and it's weight, but that's not the point here). It really put people off buying the Pentax.

I presume Canon has some awesome lenses up its sleeve to justify such a design for it's PnS crowd to upgrade.

Pentax has to make the K-01 big so that it retains the same flange distance to provide native support to K-mount lenses. K-01 is basically a Pentax DSLR without the mirror box.

Canon-M is similar to Nikon V1/J1, and comparable to Pentax Q... all are native mirrorless system with only rear LCD. K-01 is really a different beast on its own.

Awesome lenses? Don't think so... Canon is smart to know they should focus their R&D in their EF system; that's where their cashcows lie.

:bsmilie::bsmilie: this is so odd when mounted on the EOS-M!

And how is it not odd to put a tiny camera to your face to use an EVF ? And ergonomically, it doesn't function well either to begin with ?? :dunno:

Don't understand about the lack of OVF thingy being any big deal. This camera is targeted at people who wanted better image quality as compared to small sensored PnS camera and also the flexibility of DSLR or interchangeable lens system, and it is therefore pretty alright that it don't have a OVF. As for the camera looking funny with big lens on, well... it don't bother many people and most will not fit big lens to it... however like what was being said... people with EF lenses are given a choice... as they can attach their existing lens to the camera.

Btw... I find the appearance of the camera more and more attractive... especially the silver colour one. If this camera had been release earlier... I might have forgo getting the OM-D and go straight to this... with the 18-55mm combo.

If the EF lens mount on the EOS-M.It will via EF adaptor to EOS-M. The EF adaptor came with Tripod collar mount.
Even the big lens mount on Eos-M .it is wise bring along a mono-pod or Tripod.

Another matter.Canon just provide user another alternate choice.
They won't bankrupt because of lost a customer.they not pressure user to buy their cam.
If you like it,buy it. If not user can consider other maker to fulfill their need or spec.

If user still not happy,they can build or custome made thier own spec of the cam with self funding lo.

If release OVF or EVF.someone will feedback.their nose touch on the cam LCD screen.
Why their OVF or EVF so expensive?

This just the first release of mirrorless cam from canon. So canon can continue milk interest user from the following release with some spec upgrade on cam.

EOS M Local Launch Preview Video

[video=youtube;1cPd3hcAQRk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cPd3hcAQRk&hd=1[/video]

personally i think if they can improve on the battery life of 230 images per charge or
sell the additional battery at very economy price will be great!

Last edited:
Canon says the main target for this is women. :eek:

[video=youtube;1cPd3hcAQRk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cPd3hcAQRk&hd=1[/video]

personally i think if they can improve on the battery life of 230 images per charge or
Doesn't help, the AF sucks. :'(

koole said:

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cPd3hcAQRk&hd=1

The 24mm lens that was mounted at 1:01, doesn't seem like a canon lens...more like a sigma....anyone noticed?

The 24mm lens that was mounted at 1:01, doesn't seem like a canon lens...more like a sigma....anyone noticed?

i suggest u watch the video again. use the Pause feature

I'm not sure if Canon will use 3rd party lens on their product launch. also , not sure Sigma allowed to use " Image Stabiliser Ultra Sonic" on their lens.

Last edited:
i suggest u watch the video again. use the Pause feature

I'm not sure if Canon will use 3rd party lens on their product launch. also , not sure Sigma allowed to use " Image Stabiliser Ultra Sonic" on their lens.

The new Canon 24mm f2.8 with IS :)