EOS 5 or EOS 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks!;) Then probably I will get a EOS 30 with f/1.8 lens for a start, me newbie . all experts here!:embrass: And sorry for jethro that I "rob" your thread.....heeheehee.......

By the way, what are the difference between 30 and 33?:(

Originally posted by 007

By the way, what are the difference between 30 and 33?:(

The 30 comes with the extra eye control. Physically, the 30 has one more dial on ther top plate. That's the switch for the eye control and calibration.

With the eye control, you can select the focussing point by eye balling a certain focus point. It works provided you calibrate it accurate enough. This function seems to be indispensable to some but passed off as a mere gimmick by others.

Originally posted by Kit

The 30 comes with the extra eye control. Physically, the 30 has one more dial on ther top plate. That's the switch for the eye control and calibration.

With the eye control, you can select the focussing point by eye balling a certain focus point. It works provided you calibrate it accurate enough. This function seems to be indispensable to some but passed off as a mere gimmick by others.

Thanks. Cause they didn't put in their webs. They just mentioned EOS 30/33.;)

Thanks to all the input for this thread. I have got myself a EOS 30 and the 28~70mm L lens to go with it.
I am very happy about the purchase.:D

how can these 2 SLR be compared....their intended audiences and capabilities are so different. 5 is almost a semi-pro shooting machine....

given any choice I will still keep my 5...for the spot meter and REAL vertical grip... no E-TTL? i hardly use it anyway....

to pack light I use the EOS300 instead...

juz my 1sen worth.... :gbounce:

Originally posted by darr
how can these 2 SLR be compared....their intended audiences and capabilities are so different. 5 is almost a semi-pro shooting machine....

given any choice I will still keep my 5...for the spot meter and REAL vertical grip... no E-TTL? i hardly use it anyway....

to pack light I use the EOS300 instead...

juz my 1sen worth.... :gbounce:

I would agree on the rant about the 30/33 not having a spot meter. As for the vertical grip, believe it or not, the BP-300 is actually more complete than the VG-10 which does not allow alternate battery options. Functional wise, both cameras are not far apart so comparisons by potential buyers are inevitable.

Originally posted by Kit

I would agree on the rant about the 30/33 not having a spot meter. As for the vertical grip, believe it or not, the BP-300 is actually more complete than the VG-10 which does not allow alternate battery options. Functional wise, both cameras are not far apart so comparisons by potential buyers are inevitable.

i think w/o the main dial and the focusing pt selector...it really defeats the purpose of having the grip, it slows down shooting considerably, which is why i dont like to use the vertical grip on my EOS300, at the expense of using CR2 batteries instead..... not to mention the main rival's even more meaningless vertical grips...

juz the x-sync sets it apart... guess more studio shooters will much prefer it. others will prefer the much responsive ECF and availability of ETTL..... each his own, photography is all about shooting, not having the latest and best gadgets, though I will much welcome the possession of a 70-200 IS :p

enuf said :)

Originally posted by darr

i think w/o the main dial and the focusing pt selector...it really defeats the purpose of having the grip, it slows down shooting considerably, which is why i dont like to use the vertical grip on my EOS300, at the expense of using CR2 batteries instead..... not to mention the main rival's even more meaningless vertical grips...

juz the x-sync sets it apart... guess more studio shooters will much prefer it. others will prefer the much responsive ECF and availability of ETTL..... each his own, photography is all about shooting, not having the latest and best gadgets, though I will much welcome the possession of a 70-200 IS :p

enuf said :)

The BP 300 does have a main dial on it. Can't remember about the focussing selector though and it can take 4 AA batteries.

As you said, each his own. Therefore, comparison comes as the buyer deem fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.