End of the Tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

evildolly

Jul 27, 2003
Singapore
sassystrawberry.com
73559-50.jpg

This picture was taken after the fort canning he ri jun zai lai shoot, when we were walking to city hall for some food. passed through an underpass and found some nice photo ops.

the idea was to show the person who is depressed and weary, not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

=)

might be too dark after i adjusted the brightness and desaturated in photoshop, as my lcd screen tends to be brighter than most people's.
:dunno:
comments please=)

again taken by Timber with his canon 10d.

OT a small bit, when doing PS, I would prefer to do it on a (good) CRT monitor, the colour output is more realistic. :)

evildolly: nope doesn't seem too dark here on my CRT, i think it carrys the mood well. great shot!

AJ23: agree with u there, i'm a laptop user with a CRT plugged in. however sometimes no choice, like when i was holidaying in australia and was eager to post up shots for my frens to see instantly. ;)

back to the picture, I find the light spot on the extreme right a bit distracting, especially in B/W. But overall, very good look and feel, captures the mood of distraght. :)

jOhO: true, u can just lug ard a CRT while on holiday. ;) But as much as the LCD has improved, it still loses out to CRT in terms of colour correctness and hue/contrast/saturation. I still love my CRT even though I got 2 LCDs. :)

aj23: i've only used lcd (on my laptop) for 1 year, this is my first laptop, b4 that is CRT all the way on desktops.

dunno whether my LCD is old (1yr) or wat, it's a fujitsu, but it really SUX ASS!! ahahah.. so much difference from my monitor.. it's appaling. :confused:

so yes, serious work, definitely on crt.

IMHO: Great shot - the pic has lots of texture (walls, jeans etc.) and I agree that the mood is good!

But feel would be better if the model looks downwards instead of forward as the eyes tend to distract the viewer towards the edge and away from the pic. Looking down also probably makes her look more depressed? :dunno:

I've been using CRT for donkey years till 2 year back also, when the price of LCDs drop to an "acceptable" level.

As for the difference, it's because the screen is not calibrated, both CRT and LCD must be calibrated correctly for colour accuracy.

But anyway, for serious graphic work, I agreed that CRT is the way to go. :gbounce:

Originally posted by jOhO
aj23: i've only used lcd (on my laptop) for 1 year, this is my first laptop, b4 that is CRT all the way on desktops.

dunno whether my LCD is old (1yr) or wat, it's a fujitsu, but it really SUX ASS!! ahahah.. so much difference from my monitor.. it's appaling. :confused:

so yes, serious work, definitely on crt.

I like how the shot was captured. Personally feel that the execution was none too bad, and the fact that you spotted a photo opportunity and acted on it is something quite commendable.

Keep shooting. :)

The shot is quite nice on the whole, even though i find the light a bit too glaring

however, i find your caption don't really match the mood of the pic. you said it's the 'end of the tunnel', i neither see any tunnel nor any ends.

as for a depressed and weary person, you look more like a model posing for a 'cool' look! will a depressed and weary person give a pose like that?

maybe u can let your hair down, squat or sit down and with your head between your knee.. something like tht..

just my thought.. hope u are not offended!

Nice composition and detail, somehow this pic reminds me of an ad for jeans or something. (dunno why but it does) :D IMO the light to the right of the picture is a little too distracting, could be toned down somewhat. Anyways, good effort! :thumbsup:

how about your eye focus in the same direction as the light goes ( or the line of the walls ) .. somehow, i find that your eye is not in sync with the environment .. which will disrupt the way the picture will turn out ...

otherwise, you can stretch your hand and try to in sync with the structure of the lines ...

:D

Nice one. Since you PSed it, I'd suggest adding a little (1/2 stop?) to the shadows. Think that may give a more gloomy depressive mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.