EM5 with LUMIX G X VARIO 12-35mm firmware problem (NEED HELP URGENTLY)

kenly

Jun 14, 2012
Singapore
Hi expert,

Need help urgently on your advise on how to reset firmware of my LUMIX G X VARIO 12-35mm (back to factory default).
My camera battery suddenly went flat when I was updating the firmware for camera & len.
The firmware for my camera has successfully updated, but my len was not able to detect by my camera, totally black out screen, seem to be totally dead. :cry:

Thanks in advance.

Does the lens still work ?

If not then I'll recommend u sending it back to Panasonic service Ctr for help, especially if it's a failed or corrupted firmware update issue.

Bro, thank for the advise:) the lens is totally dead and had sent in to Panasonic Hospital.
The doctor (engineer) found the motherboard flash went Kong, need replacement and it will cost $2XX.:cry:

Yikes.. Next time make sure camera batt is freshly charged before FW update!

Yikes.. Next time make sure camera batt is freshly charged before FW update!

Yep..and this thread should be made to a sticky thread.
Real life example of consequences of battery life not sufficient during firmware update.

Bro, thank for the advise:) the lens is totally dead and had sent in to Panasonic Hospital.
The doctor (engineer) found the motherboard flash went Kong, need replacement and it will cost $2XX.:cry:

Wah damage to the lens is serious man ...:sweat:

Bro, thank for the advise:) the lens is totally dead and had sent in to Panasonic Hospital. The doctor (engineer) found the motherboard flash went Kong, need replacement and it will cost $2XX.:cry:

Oh my god ...

Better than buying a new lens. Just get it fixed.

Next time just remember to have a fully charged battery before you do an upgrade.

Sorry to hear that, but 200 is not that bad, at least don't have the write-off the whole lens. Just be careful next time.

Sad to tell you all is a full charge battery before updating Firmware but don't why suddenly drain off.
I can only said SWEY :dunno::dunno:

It seems that due to the faulty lens board, the battery had the drain. Simple battery drain shouldn't fry the board. If the lens had warranty good and well, if not the repair cost is far less than a new lens. Sorry to hear about that. Our gear is not supposed to last forever.