EM 5ii or EM1

Hope its reasonable.. then maybe I can retire my EPL5... : )

Cannot compare now when price not out...

Thanks guys.

Jumped ship eventually since not much diff going em1 or 5ii from em10.

Try try Sony first.

Like what spidey said. Perhaps you can visit WongLP flickr to check it out, it's hard to miss it. He takes a good mixture of kids photo and awesome landscape photo for you to reference.

Hi, mind sharing what made you give up the A7 mk2?

1. Not used to Sony interfaces and button. No touch screen
2. FE lens getting bigger and more expensive. New 35mm is more than $2200
3. Prefer Olympus Autofocus

1. Not used to Sony interfaces and button. No touch screen 2. FE lens getting bigger and more expensive. New 35mm is more than $2200 3. Prefer Olympus Autofocus

I do agree with No.1 a lot.

that is also the same reason why the EM5ii ended up a no go for me as the mode dial got shifted from the right to the left side in comparison with the EM-1.

I do agree with No.1 a lot. that is also the same reason why the EM5ii ended up a no go for me as the mode dial got shifted from the right to the left side in comparison with the EM-1.

So bro, what's next for you after selling em1?

So bro, what's next for you after selling em1?

I decided to keep the EM1 and wait for EM1-II instead. Trying out the EM5-II properly proved to be quite.. not there yet for me.

Still love the EM-1 ;)

11083693_879753815424595_5296870124977399953_o.jpg

with the EM1 just yesterday

I decided to keep the EM1 and wait for EM1-II instead. Trying out the EM5-II properly proved to be quite.. not there yet for me.

Still love the EM-1 ;)

11083693_879753815424595_5296870124977399953_o.jpg

with the EM1 just yesterday
May I know what do u mean by not there yet?

Image quality? Build quality? Or button placement?

I decided to keep the EM1 and wait for EM1-II instead. Trying out the EM5-II properly proved to be quite.. not there yet for me. Still love the EM-1 ;) with the EM1 just yesterday

Glad this is the case... Just hooted em1 instead of em5 ii

Good deal. Just thinking is the pro 40-150 is required. Lol

May I know what do u mean by not there yet? Image quality? Build quality? Or button placement?

Build wise and IQ the EM5ii does the job very well.
Rather it's the buttons , especially the change in dial position that made me decide to skip this.

Build wise and IQ the EM5ii does the job very well.
Rather it's the buttons , especially the change in dial position that made me decide to skip this.

Hi Keith, please elaborate on this
positioning not good ? or not familiar / muscle memory from previous camera?

functionality of the buttons ? too many ?

Sorry curious as EM1 is too pro / big for me to consider

Buttons and size of buttons are different from the E-M5 MK II and E-M1. E-M1 is not very much more pro than the E-M5 MK II nor is it much bigger. I'm still baffled by how people a few years ago, are willing to carry DSLRs, yet can say that E-M1 is too big

I will say its a personal user problem (my problem), for example I'm very used to having the mode dial on the right hand side and in the EM5ii its shifted to the left hand side. The thick on-off switch helps a lot in confusing me as I often mistake it to be the 'guide line' to turn the mode dial to. I do appreciate having the AF mode etc selectors on the left dial of the EM1 which disappeared in the EM5ii. Its nice knowing exactly where the buttons are on my EM1 without even having to look at the camera.

of course given time I am sure anyone changing over will get used to the changes anyway, but then its irritating for me lol, and this is the reason why some brands do put in immense efforts to not make major changes to interface in any updates.

Between EM5ii and EM1, its not really one is much more professional than the other too.

lastly, maybe weight can be an issue I agree. I can't judge whether its wrong or funny to say an EM1 is too heavy as not everyone started with carrying bricky like DSLRs around and we do have a good mix of DSLR --> MFT and PnS --> MFT users here.

Still no promo for em5 ii???
Waiting for better price

I was in the same boat ..... anyway Steve Huff says most of what I felt .....

" ...The E-M1 is built better, feels better and I prefer the control layout.

The E-M1 has a sturdier pro level shutter, will last longer.

The E-M1 is freeze proof and shock proof, better weather sealing than the EM5 Mark II.

The E-M1 is slightly larger, fitting into my hand perfectly without adding a grip.

The E-M1, for me, provides slightly better IQ with sharper and richer files. Not sure why, but this is the case. It’s slight but there.

For me, I just enjoyed using the E-M1 a bit more, but I have a feeling a new E-M1 Mark II will be out within a year and I will bet you that it will not only have the new features of the 5 Mark II, but newer features exclusive to the new model. Just a guess but Olympus will HAVE To do this as the new E-M5 II will start eating into the E-M1 sales because of what it offers for less money. For most, the E-M5 Mark II, at $300 less cost than the E-M1 while offering more, will be the favorite choice. Truth be told, if buying from scratch I would choose the E-M5 II over the E-M1. Having the E-M1, I would not sell to go to the 5II. For me, owning both is the answer. ;) The 5II makes a perfect complement to the E-M1 as a 2nd body as you get the best of both worlds."

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2015/02/18/the-olympus-om-d-e-m5-mark-ii-review-olympus-continues-to-innovate/