Electric Fan without blade

Highly likely. I have a 230V AC, 5V DC adapter from China that will instantly explode any appliance hook up to it.

Have u try checking the output with a multimeter? Step down become step up?:bsmilie:

Have u try checking the output with a multimeter? Step down become step up?:bsmilie:

Haha yes you guessed it right. After blowing off 2 of my appliances I checked it with a multimeter and its output was 17V instead of 5V. :bsmilie:

Highly likely. I have a 230V AC, 5V DC adapter from China that will instantly explode any appliance hook up to it.

omg...actually jacky chan said that also( i copied him), don't buy China TV coz will explode. and that comment stirred up lot of angers..

been using their vaccum for 6 years. love it. maintains a very powerful suction after so long. no other brands comes close to their machines. only part i don't like is the weight.

Ah okay. I didn't realize they've had that spinning bagless vacuum thing for so long already. I see other brands also with that nowadays and not sure who started it.

there are similar ones on taobao for like 250-300rmb :confused:

I think that it's gorgeous and that money is paid for design. If photographers can pay 400 for billing hams and artists n artisans, then I suppose house proud consumers will cough out for the dyson.

Those intending to get the dyson fan might want to consider..

Normally, the demo sets at besk denki, harvey norman etc.. are in an air-conditioned environment. The air is cool.. and when cool air blows on you.. it's feels good..

But there is an inherent characteristic in the design.. It compresses the air. And, those that are familiar with thermodynamics will be aware that compressing air will heat it up.

Hence, those close to the strong jet of air in a normal environment might feel warm air. those standing further away will feel less of the effect.

On a hot day, w/o air-con, using the dyson fan "might" not feel so good..

probably not a concern for those air-con environment thou.

A simple experiment.. take a hair dryer, turn off heating. Set max speed and feel it at close range.. does the air feel warm?

A simple experiment.. take a hair dryer, turn off heating. Set max speed and feel it at close range.. does the air feel warm?

who will turn on fan in an air-con environment? yes, i agree with you . even with those normal fan( with blades) and you turn it on during hot weather, you can feel the air is warm.

who will turn on fan in an air-con environment? yes, i agree with you . even with those normal fan( with blades) and you turn it on during hot weather, you can feel the air is warm.

It's not that the air is warm.. it's warmer than the surrounding air.

it's a valid point that pple may not need fan in air-con environment.. but the demo are usually in air con environment.. so those shopping for dyson fan, take note..

It's not that the air is warm.. it's warmer than the surrounding air.

it's a valid point that pple may not need fan in air-con environment.. but the demo are usually in air con environment.. so those shopping for dyson fan, take note..

Wow. Good to know. Heng never get :sweat:

Those intending to get the dyson fan might want to consider..

Normally, the demo sets at besk denki, harvey norman etc.. are in an air-conditioned environment. The air is cool.. and when cool air blows on you.. it's feels good..

But there is an inherent characteristic in the design.. It compresses the air. And, those that are familiar with thermodynamics will be aware that compressing air will heat it up.

Hence, those close to the strong jet of air in a normal environment might feel warm air. those standing further away will feel less of the effect.

is there any scientific proof on this claim? or has it been proven by measurement? or it's just a wild speculation? yes according to gas law, the temperature will increase when air is compressed. but in this case the compressed air is again expanded via the airfoil. according to gas law, the temperature will decrease when it is decompressed, no? and what about the 15x air being sucked in vs the pumped air? and the heat being removed from the human skin when the large volume of air is passing through? have those been taken into consideration as well?

On a hot day, w/o air-con, using the dyson fan "might" not feel so good..

so with the same logic, won't the air from the bladed box fan (or in fact, any kind of fan) be warm as well?

is there any scientific proof on this claim? or has it been proven by measurement? or it's just a wild speculation? yes according to gas law, the temperature will increase when air is compressed. but in this case the compressed air is again expanded via the airfoil. according to gas law, the temperature will decrease when it is decompressed, no? and what about the 15x air being sucked in vs the pumped air? and the heat being removed from the human skin when the large volume of air is passing through? have those been taken into consideration as well?

so with the same logic, won't the air from the bladed box fan (or in fact, any kind of fan) be warm as well?

As I mentioned in the original post, those standing near the "strong" jet of air will feel warm. These are the high pressure gases that has not expanded fully to uncompressed state, and also not mixed fully with surrounding cool air.

I also mentioned that those standing further away may not experience it, as the compressed air has expanded and mixed with surrounding.

With fan, there is less or minimum compression.

I have also posted an example, the hair dryer. Why don't you try it and then comment whether the hair dryer air output indeed feel warmer? The hair dryer with heater OFF, and high speed, will feel warmer. That is from my experience. YMMV with your hair dryer.

dyson may or may not have factored this in and make improvements such that the air doesn't feel warmer. That, I have no comment.

Also, in my original post, I'm suggesting a possibility, not making a claim or whatsoever. It's for buyer to consider only.