Effect of slight misalignment of lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Startrail

Nov 18, 2005
Hi there, I'm inquiring as to the effect of dropping my lens whilst it was in a camera bag. One my lens seems to have a slight misalignment. Basically, when it's fully retracted, the small little gap that is around it is not equally spaced out, so I'm wondering how will it affect picture quality. So far... it seems that most of my shots are ok, but I'm a little concerned as I am overseas and can't simply switch to another lens. Anyone help? Thanks :)

BTW, has anyone done a realignment in NSC before? Thank you :)

Edit : Oh yes, the lens in question is the D70 kit lens :) Thanks!

Startrail said:
Hi there, I'm inquiring as to the effect of dropping my lens whilst it was in a camera bag. One my lens seems to have a slight misalignment. Basically, when it's fully retracted, the small little gap that is around it is not equally spaced out, so I'm wondering how will it affect picture quality. So far... it seems that most of my shots are ok, but I'm a little concerned as I am overseas and can't simply switch to another lens. Anyone help? Thanks :)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Regards,
Arto.

Test the shots by downloading them and/or zooming in on the lcd screen to verify, if there's problem then come back and send in for servicing.

Startrail said:

I think you must be too concerned. The kit lens originally had some kind of droop. You tilt it the other way, the gap will probably be on the other side. And if you grab it and wiggle it a little, you will find that it will actually move quite a bit.

Startrail said:

Ouch! That must had hurted.:bheart:

Since you has affirmed the lens is ok, then don't be mired by the incident. Once you are back, simply send in to NSC for a quick check.

Just my 2-cent. ;)

Thanks all who replied heh, just feeling very sianz after dropping the camera :) Okies I'll take closer looks again :) Thanks guys :)

how it affects? simple...juz go out for a walk...take alot of images..if they look fine..ya glass is fine..

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.