Status
Not open for further replies.

pethidine

Feb 7, 2003
Singapore (Northern)
Visit site
Hi all,

I need some advice here.

1) I have a Canon EF 70-210mm f3.5-4.5 USM which I have been using on my 350D. Recenty I found that I cannot focus properly with this lens. My observation is that when i focus from anywhere between 10m to infinity (as on distant scale), and switch to focus something near (say 3m), the autofocus will focus to 10m and stop. That is to say, the scene is not focused. I need to manually turn the focus ring to the near end (the Macro logo or 1.5 m) then re-focus; this time, the focus will be correct. Any idea what happens? Is it that the focusing motor is "gone"? Erm.. according to Canon, this lens has already EOL (end-of-life), and hence i don't if they can repair.

2) The left two focus point on my 350D fail to light up (the other 5 points are working). Anyone encountered this problem before? I guess it is time for servicing again!!!

Thanks!

Does this lens' USM allow you to override the focus by turning the ring, in AF mode?

Does this lens also have a focus limiter switch that you may have accidentally flipped?

Does this lens' USM allow you to override the focus by turning the ring, in AF mode?

Yes. I allows FTM (not sure if this is the correct term) - i.e. manual focus while in AF mode.

Does this lens also have a focus limiter switch that you may have accidentally flipped?

Nope. This is a consumer lens.

Yes. I allows FTM (not sure if this is the correct term) - i.e. manual focus while in AF mode.

Nope. This is a consumer lens.

Think you have to bring it in to Canon Service Center, because you mention that there is no focus limiter, but the lens does not focus nearer than a certain point, after focusing on a far away point.

Status
Not open for further replies.