education not up to standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

he using reverse psychology, boy!
If he had been using reverse psychology, he certainly did not do it well.
As a principal who has just taken up the post in a school where there rumors about him are circulating among students, making such a negative and demoralizing remark during his first meeting with the students would simply back up the already biased views of the students, convincing them that he was a poor principal, rather than motivating them to work harder for their A levels.

steer clear of boy girl relationship, boy boy!
Also, physical contact between students of opposite genders may not necessarily mean they are in a boy-girl relationship. Students in a mixed school have the opportunity to interact with the opposite gender. By having to keep a one elbow's distance between students of opposite genders is simply unrealistic and pointless as not only is it ineffective in reducing the number of boy-girl relationships, it also develops the wrong kind of mentality students have against other students of the opposite gender.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he had been using reverse psychology, he certainly did not do it well.
As a principal who has just taken up the post in a school where there rumors about him are circulating among students, making such a negative and demoralizing remark during his first meeting with the students would simply back up the already biased views of the students, convincing them that he was a poor principal, rather than motivating them to work harder for their A levels.

i wont say just telling ppl he is a poor principal,but rather, not up to standard? like mindset and goals also differ from the sch.

u know. during the last sch opening event, he screwed up badly by actually misreading the sch motto, chinese motto somemore:nono:
if small thing cannot do, policies dun fit the sch, i'm not too sure if he is actually up to the job.

cause its not jsut my sch having this kind of response, its also his previous sch.

By mentioning "not to let them go unchecked", I also mean that it might be necessary to look into the "problem" and see what can be done for their (students) benefit instead of letting them be.

Our education system... well, I do feel there's this inherent inflexibility in the system. While it is effective for the median, for the two extremities I'm not so sure.

I don't know, speaking for myself, I've always felt school here is a constant battle of meeting deadlines and results- PSLE at 12, O-Levels at 16, A-Levels at 18, etc.

It takes over your life; you can't afford to not toe the line because then you'll be excluded. There's very little warmth; everything just seems so cold and calculated.

But that was two decades ago, perhaps educators and students today may comment on that perspective?

Last edited:
Our education system... well, I do feel there's this inherent inflexibility in the system. While it is effective for the median, for the two extremities I'm not so sure.

I don't know, speaking for myself, I've always felt school here is a constant battle of meeting deadlines and results- PSLE at 12, O-Levels at 16, A-Levels at 18, etc.

It takes over your life; you can't afford to not toe the line because then you'll be excluded. There's very little warmth; everything just seems so cold and calculated.

But that was two decades ago, perhaps educators and students today may comment on that perspective?

well. tat was last time liao. now moe is doing what u call teach less learn more =.= or TFU (teaching for understanding)

student development is also heavily emphasised. we have lessons which actually lets us discuss abt current trends, real world situations, and what is right and wrong

also, we are an ip sch, we skip o lvls and we go straight for a lvls.

as for deadlines yes i agree. its a constant battle, but what has it gotta do with stupid crude policies and a very very dictatorial principal?

Last edited:

But that was two decades ago, perhaps educators may comment on that perspective?

There is a slight shift, but it done excruciatingly slowly.

Novel methods with novel terms like "differentiated learning" to see that students with "different abilities" in the class are stretched differently.
e.g different worksheets for different abilities, getting the better ones to teach the slower ones, assignment extra credit work for the better ones to be done outside classrooms, etc.

Paper wise, it seems completely logical, but until we shift from the main method of assessment (PSLE, O-levels, A-levels), there will be some reluctance to shift away from the time-tested strategies.

There is a slight shift, but it done excruciatingly slowly.

Novel methods with novel terms like "differentiated learning" to see that students with "different abilities" in the class are stretched differently.
e.g different worksheets for different abilities, getting the better ones to teach the slower ones, assignment extra credit work for the better ones to be done outside classrooms, etc.

Paper wise, it seems completely logical, but until we shift from the main method of assessment (PSLE, O-levels, A-levels), there will be some reluctance to shift away from the time-tested strategies.

yea. only real big changes i see are in the top schs. hwachong, ri, rgs, nanyang. all of them have quite mature policies i realise. maybe cause they privately owned?

and ur topic start to get off liao. shift back pls. do u think this policies are good? in such a sch enviroment. or is the principal up to standard for the job?

Last edited:
and ur topic start to get off liao. shift back pls. do u think this policies are good? in such a sch enviroment. or is the principal up to standard for the job?

don mean to interrupt here...but from what u posted up so far...i'd say the principle is a professionally challenged worker transferred from another school due to misconduct. being in a new school, he has to assert his authority and the easiest way for non-talented or bootlickers attention seekers to do so is to implement a policy shift that shouts them. and the oni thing that can really shout very loud is for a policy of totally reversing what u guys have been practicing. now everyone will be talking about him and his policy, thus fulfilling his masochistic need. if anyone disobeys him, he just expels them, and claim to his bos or moe that what he said is true all along. also, about the 'u all going to fail' part...he is making a prediction. he hopes they are going to fail, so that he can report to his boss that 'see, i say they would fail. now they fail. if oni u had let me do things my way, they would not have failed'. either way...its a win win situation for him.

don mean to interrupt here...but from what u posted up so far...i'd say the principle is a professionally challenged worker transferred from another school due to misconduct. being in a new school, he has to assert his authority and the easiest way for non-talented or bootlickers attention seekers to do so is to implement a policy shift that shouts them. and the oni thing that can really shout very loud is for a policy of totally reversing what u guys have been practicing. now everyone will be talking about him and his policy, thus fulfilling his masochistic need. if anyone disobeys him, he just expels them, and claim to his bos or moe that what he said is true all along. also, about the 'u all going to fail' part...he is making a prediction. he hopes they are going to fail, so that he can report to his boss that 'see, i say they would fail. now they fail. if oni u had let me do things my way, they would not have failed'. either way...its a win win situation for him.

hey:) good thinking.

so wad could we do? :) advice pls.

hey:) good thinking.

its elementary my dear watson...err...i mean allen. okay, i just joking. :D

what could u do...hmm...the oni thing u can do,and still keep ur dignity: feedback officially thru official channel, first to him, informing him that the school student council will give a feedback to higher ups as to his (the principle's) conduct unbecoming a principle. second, send a letter to his higher ups (moe?) requesting review of his (the principle's) performance vis-a-vis his conduct in school. remember to have evidence, eye witness, youtube vids...wateva. then...wait lor.

or u could try it the american way. make a video commentary skit about this incident, post it on youtube, then show him.

either way...please be prepared to have a few sacrifices in following salvo. he is most likely a sore-loser.

lastly, if all else fails or unfeasible in ur school context...there's always the singapore way: do anything u want, just don't get caught.

Just suck it up like a man and concentrate on your studies, you will far experience greater BS, BS that urges you to stuff a live SFG-87 grenade down the throat of your superiors, when you serve your national service (assuming you have not).

Last edited:
Just suck it up like a man and concentrate on your studies, you will far experience greater BS, BS that urges you to stuff a live SFG-87 grenade down the throat of your superiors, when you serve your national service (assuming you have not).

:) true. yet again. this is school. if things change so much isn't really beneficial for the students.

oh yes. remember. he only came to office like less than a month.

oh yeah, that works too. lol! wants an m-16?i think the country up north has their armoury free-for-all...hmmm....better get a jet as well...lol!

oh yeah, that works too. lol! wants an m-16?i think the country up north has their armoury free-for-all...hmmm....better get a jet as well...lol!

~~ back to topic. but am i right to assume that the principle has acted in a way that is unbecoming of a principal? in the very least, in the context of this school?

totally...

thankyou. i needed the confirmation.

cause i dun wanna falsely be accused of being ridiculous ~~
he has a long history of a bad name in the past actually.

didnt wanna bring it up cause i scared cloud ur vision:X

another paraphrased quote from his ex students

that guy is feared and hated by many for his ways of catching students' 'inappropriate' hair style
He goes into every classroom with a stick, knocks on students' chair, demands for ezlink card, conviscates card until his hair is cut on the day itself by 6pm .I know he wants this school to be a good school. I recognise this agree to that.But i do not agree with the way he gets what he wants.

a china guy was hit by him cause he refused to hand out the card

~~ if he hits one of our students he is so gonna get it.

Last edited:
He is a good principal. Respect him and that's it. If you don't even want to show respect to your principal, then I think you are the one going to disgrace the school. If you have a chance to study abroad, you can see how students respect their teachers/lecturers. I don't think you have met an Italian Professor who speaks 'Italian English'. You go and complain? Nope, you respect him as your mentor. You still go to his lectures and tutorials. You do more of your own research and study or you pick up some level of Italian pronunciation. That's what European students do. So what kind of standard do you want to speak of when you can't even respect your teacher/principal?

If I were your principal seeing this thread, I would be very sad.
if i were his principle, i would be ashamed this thing would even come up. disregarding what he said about the english, but do u think about the assertion that the principles used words and acions unbecoming (my words) a principle?
thankyou. i needed the confirmation.

cause i dun wanna falsely be accused of being ridiculous ~~
he has a long history of a bad name in the past actually.

didnt wanna bring it up cause i scared cloud ur vision:X
its not my school. he's not my fren. no point being clouded. being objective is easy with emotional separation.

He is a good principal. Respect him and that's it. If you don't even want to show respect to your principal, then I think you are the one going to disgrace the school. If you have a chance to study abroad, you can see how students respect their teachers/lecturers. I don't think you have met an Italian Professor who speaks 'Italian English'. You go and complain? Nope, you respect him as your mentor. You still go to his lectures and tutorials. You do more of your own research and study or you pick up some level of Italian pronunciation. That's what European students do. So what kind of standard do you want to speak of when you can't even respect your teacher/principal?

If I were your principal seeing this thread, I would be very sad.

if he was good i'll respect him. but his actions are unbefitting of a principal.

if ur wrong ur wrong. stop trying to use the reasoning that because u older i have to respect u. i only respect people who are right, can give reasonable reasons and let me 心服口服.

policies that are unreasonable and are not befitting of our school? out of the window.
i dun need people who try to act yaya as a principal. he supposed to be a good leader. not a dictator.

earn the respect u deserve.

ur case of italian professor is ok. i have teachers who speak with heavily accented english. i'm ok with them. i'm not ok with people who try to throw their weight around just for the sake of it.

if u think i'm being ridiculous read the whole thread. u dun seem like u had read everythign before posting. and that is a big nono :nono:

Last edited:
don't want to be bias etc...but some of these ang mohs quite yaya...and really cannot make it. i have seen and heard some for myself so i don't need to add to that...
in my sch days i also had gd ang moh teacher also. but only one.

don't want to be bias etc...but some of these ang mohs quite yaya...and really cannot make it. i have seen and heard some for myself so i don't need to add to that...
in my sch days i also had gd ang moh teacher also. but only one.

erm BESIDES THE POINT.

principal is not angmoh. he is a chinese educated one.

its elementary my dear watson...err...i mean allen. okay, i just joking. :D

what could u do...hmm...the oni thing u can do,and still keep ur dignity: feedback officially thru official channel, first to him, informing him that the school student council will give a feedback to higher ups as to his (the principle's) conduct unbecoming a principle. second, send a letter to his higher ups (moe?) requesting review of his (the principle's) performance vis-a-vis his conduct in school. remember to have evidence, eye witness, youtube vids...wateva. then...wait lor.

or u could try it the american way. make a video commentary skit about this incident, post it on youtube, then show him.

either way...please be prepared to have a few sacrifices in following salvo. he is most likely a sore-loser.

lastly, if all else fails or unfeasible in ur school context...there's always the singapore way: do anything u want, just don't get caught.

and i'm hopeing to get a voice recorder. ~~ pray hard

Status
Not open for further replies.